Tokyo wins

olympikfan

Tokyo games are a bit boring but, well, we all know they will be a success. Congrats to the Japanese, I'm sure they'll do a good job.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

There will be many members here absolutly guttered.

I'm one of them! :(

And I know Rols, CAF, Matt, Rob, Et al will be feeling the same.

And yet I am so HAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

And yet I am so HAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Yes Puppy, I know I should be more positive.

Clearly the safe pair of hands won it...but it feels like, meh!

2020 was going to be the log jam of bidders...then the GFC happened.

:(

So wanted Istanbul to win...would've changed the whole focus of Turkey, even may have unified it.

IOC delighted with Tokyo decision

New Zealand's International Olympic Committee members are delighted with the awarding of the 2020 Games to Tokyo.

The Japanese capital has won the hosting rights for that year's Olympics after beating out Turkey's Istanbul in the final vote.

Spain's Madrid was the first to drop out in the opening round of voting.

Barry Maister is in Buenos Aires for the meeting and says it's a great result for New Zealand.

"It's good for our athletes. They painted a picture of a very user-friendly environment.

"The fact that it's in similar time zones, the fact that we've got very strong links with Japan in all sorts of ways, I think is helpful to us."

A new sport will be voted on tomorrow morning while Jacques Rogge's presidential replacement will be decided on Wednesday.

Yahoo Sport NZ

I wonder if the handover ceremony in 2016 will do a nod to the Liberdade District in Sao Paulo :P since it has the largest Japanese community outside Japan in the whole world.

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberdade_(distrito_de_S%C3%A3o_Paulo)

Well spotted, probably Sao Paulo will play a role in this CC like it did in PanAms with the fire fighters who worked in TAM accident few days before.

Archived