12 hours ago, Ansem said:

Paris mayor fires back at Trump for insulting her city

Hidalgo keeping it classy

Hidalgo said American tourist reservations are up 30 per cent in 2017 so far compared to last year.

Given the Bataclan attack was very recent this time last year, surely this was an expected rise from what must've been a big slump.

Nevertheless, compare and contrast

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/north-america/united-states/articles/us-travel-industry-has-lost-185-million-since-trump-took-office-and-things-are-likely-to-get-worse/

Trump having a similar effect to a terror attack on the US tourist industry. F#ckwit.

Edited by Rob.

I think the idea of LA receives a lot of support because people are not thinking about the hassle and who will end up payin for it. The man on the street in LA just thinks it a freebee party with sports...people here have been trained to think the government and "other" people will provides everything for free. There are a lot of stupid people like that still in LA.......hopefully things will be changing......and people will be changing..... because it's a great place to keep classic cars.

Edited by paul

5 hours ago, Roger87 said:

Right now, POTUS Trump has insulted (In one way or another):

-Europe: Germany, France, United Kingdom, Sweden, Greece

-Americas: Mexico

-Asia: China, Iran, Japan, Philippines

-Oceania: Australia

What a great source to find allies and partners. Which countries will be the next?

.....I know right?! And after they were all so supportive and friendly to him And to Americans.

"I think 'the idea' of LA receives a lot of support because 'people are not thinking' about the hassle and 'who will end up payin for it.' The man on the street in LA just thinks it's a 'freebee party' with sports...people here have 'trained to think' the government and 'other' will provide everything 'for free'. There are a lot of 'stupid people' like that still in LA."

So there's your "88%". Who wouldn't want the Olympics if people thought that it was going to be for "free"! And considering that in 2014 California spent $22.4 "Billion" in welfare alone (the most of any U.S. state, & that's almost TWO Olympics right there), it's no surprise that many have that mentality there. Obviously the people in Europe are more attune to who really pays for it than many silly Californians. 

I brought this is up a while back, but that 88% was mainly from a poll that simply asked "would you like the Olympics to come to L.A." That's a simple yes or no answer. I would be more interested in a more in-depth type of poll & see if the results would still be at 88%, & I would say that would be a big fat NO. 

1 hour ago, paul said:

I think the idea of LA receives a lot of support because people are not thinking about the hassle and who will end up payin for it. The man on the street in LA just thinks it a freebee party with sports...people here have been trained to think the government and "other" people will provides everything for free. There are a lot of stupid people like that still in LA.......hopefully things will be changing......and people will be changing..... because it's a great place to keep classic cars.

Gee RuFF.. so sorry I tried to run off paul.  Because he's clearly so supportive of LA :rolleyes::D:P

The sense I still get about LA - and this is personal intuition more than anything - is that they expect they can easily repeat what they did in `84.  Which of course is much easier said than done.  When the IOC was facing trouble in the 70's, it was the host cities letting them down.  These days, the problem lies with the IOC.  So that's what LA is getting themselves into.  They can have all the confidence in the world that they can pull this off as successfully as they did before (which is why the polling numbers are so high), but the amount of money it costs so stage an Olympics has grown exponentially.  Essentially, add a zero to the end of the 1984 numbers, and that's still less than what they're looking at for 2024.  And 1984 didn't include things like a very expensive overlay to the Coliseum.  So this is far from what they did the last time they hosted.

Geez, you're soooo LATE with that, cuz we've already discussed AbtRuffhamson's latest POS article for the past couple of days in OTHER threads. But since you're trollish twat ONLY gets "wet" with this thread & this thread alone, you missed out on it.

And please, the comment section over there is even more hysterical. That's where the ultimate proof comes in that AA has no clue whatsoever, cuz she's so blinded by total L.A. blinders (just like you are). 

4 hours ago, RuFF said:

Everyone's favorite Alan Abruffhamson strikes again! (FYI & Quaker just wet themselves because I used their funny). 

http://www.3wiresports.com/2017/02/22/perception-reality-olympic-games-must-change/#comments

Of particular interest is the comments. The typical arguments are discussed and Alan Abruffhamson (wet again) fires again.

!!!

LOL, yes, the comments. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

We've actually been discussing this article steaming pile of turd for a couple of days now.  Believe it or not - I know this will be difficult to comprehend - posters on this site (who aren't you) actually do go to other threads and don't just stay here.  Actually, it's nice to go to other threads in the forum knowing you won't shit_stain those threads with the diarrhea you call your posts.  And instead you'll continue to post links in this thread as if you think this is the only place Olympic bidding can be discussed.

On 2/25/2017 at 9:26 AM, Quaker2001 said:

. so sorry I tried to run off paul.  Because he's clearly so supportive of LA :rolleyes::D:P

I always support LA because it is a fantastic city for me. Just got back last night from dirty NYC and it's like heaven here, even though it was freakishly hot in NY and cool and crisp here it still felt fresh....like always, it actually smells like flowers when you get off the plane at LAX.

You guys do sort of suppress anyone who speaks favorable about the great city of Los Angeles, and you are fast to criticize anything about LA and act like it's not a global city....never understand that. You seem to have some allegiance to Paris......rarely (maybe never) will you criticize anything about Paris but LA is somehow a small town in your eyes, still trying to find it's significance among real cities.........that is pure fiction and you know it.

I can not support an LA Olympics purely because I would not want this great city in ANY WAY to be subjected to the demands of the IOC or Sports Federations. I think many athletes have become celebrity assholes, and I'm not interested in supporting their interests, glory or families either. All in all it's a lot of "partners" who are in business to (at best) get other people to pay for all their stuff and experience. And at worst individuals and groups are colluding to skim and steal as much money (for years) leading up to and during the party. The entire organization is entirely UNTRUSTWORTHY.

I also see absolutely nothing wrong with RUFF and his support of LA24, and never understand why his positivity and support of LA24 seems to get under everyone's skin sooooo much.......he certainly has a point when he noted correctly that anyone who voices much support for LA24 will find themselves on the receiving end of an almost immediate pile on... scolding them about how wrong they are about whatever positive take they have on LA.

It's also strange how everyone hates LA so much but the thread is the only consistently active one on GB..........kinda like how so many people in general say they hate LA but then everybody goes out of their way to visit or live here.

Birds peck at the best fruit.

Edited by paul
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, paul said:

it's also strange how everyone hates LA so much

No one hates LA at all, much less "so much". There are thousands of posts in this thread.... I many have missed one or two, but I can't recall any hating on LA. Not sure what you are talking about.

There is some disgust for 1-2 posters who make idiotic arguments for why LA should win. But the vast majority of posers have said both LA and Paris would make fine hosts.

• Like 2

Gawd, should we start calling you AbPaulhamson now, too? Cuz that's exactly where that pile of projecting drivel belongs. :rolleyes:

Again, this thread is only "consistent" mainly bcuz of truff & truff alone, so don't translate that to mean anything more than simply a troll trolling in this thread. It's NOT bcuz you seem to think that everyone is secretly in "love" with L.A. Last time I checked, L.A. was bidding for the Olympics (that you claim to hate so much), so of course that's going to be discussed here.

As far as an "allegiance" to Paris - isn't that what you & truff have with L.A.? Even if that was the case (which it isn't) how is that any different with what you & tRuff are doing with L.A.? Anything that is challenged on a point-by-point basis is misconstrued by you (& other L.A. supporters) as "L.A. hate". Again, why is that? If you & tRuff don't want any criticism on your "fantastic" city, then L.A. shouldn't be bidding in the first place. And if you think it's bad now, just wait 'til L.A. finally does host another Olympics (be that 2024 or 2028), cuz the world's media will then criticize "fantastic" L.A. to the minutia of details. What will you do then, paul.

If there's any "suppression" going on it's by tRuff (& Co) against Paris, as if somehow they think they're not as worthy enough as L.A. & act like somehow Paris is some afterthought, which is totally absurd. And when tRuff has no more footing to stand on with their OTT saleswoman L.A. pitch, then tRuff gets nasty & insulting.

So if you can "never understand" after all that (especially after like what, 17 months that tRuff's been here), why tRuff gets under everyones skin, then you're either blind as a bat (bcuz of the same L.A. is all sunshine & roses colored glasses), &/or condone her childish (to say the least) & bombastic behavior. It has nothing to do with positivity & support of L.A. No one is ripping truff for that. But rather how she nauseatingly & insultingly goes about it with that "positivity & support". So you're just as ridiculous if you can't "understand" why.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, paul said:

I always support LA because it is a fantastic city for me. Just got back last night from dirty NYC and it's like heaven here, even though it was freakishly hot in NY and cool and crisp here it still felt fresh....like always, it actually smells like flowers when you get off the plane at LAX.

You guys do sort of suppress anyone who speaks favorable about the great city of Los Angeles, and you are fast to criticize anything about LA and act like it's not a global city....never understand that. You seem to have some allegiance to Paris......rarely (maybe never) will you criticize anything about Paris but LA is somehow a small town in your eyes, still trying to find it's significance among real cities.........that is pure fiction and you know it.

I can not support an LA Olympics purely because I would not want this great city in ANY WAY to be subjected to the demands of the IOC or Sports Federations. I think many athletes have become celebrity assholes, and I'm not interested in supporting their hobby, glory or families either. All in all it's a lot of "partners" who are in business to (at best) get other people to pay for all their stuff and experience. And at worst individuals and groups are colluding to skim and steal as much money (for years) leading up to and during the party. The entire organization is entirely UNTRUSTWORTHY.

I also see absolutely nothing wrong with RUFF and his support of LA24, and never understand why his positivity and support of LA24 seems to get under everyone's skin sooooo much.......he certainly has a point when he noted correct that anyone who voices much support for LA24 will find themselves on the receiving end of an almost immediate pile on... scolding them about how wrong they are about whatever positive take they have on LA.

It's also strange how everyone hates LA so much but the thread is the only consistently active one on GB..........kind like how so many people in general say they hate LA but then everybody goes out of their way to visit or live here.

Birds peck at the best fruit.

Dirty NYC?  It smells like flowers at LAX?  Thank you for helping me to illustrate a point here  Is it necessary to make ridiculous exaggerations (and trash another city) to make your point?  That's the type of bullshit that ruins this thread.  And zeke said it much more succinctly than I would.. this notion that people hate LA or view it as a small town is only being pushed but the likes of you and RuFF and it's goddamn ridiculous.

This is a competition.  I don't have an allegiance to Paris, I just think they're going to win.  And that's not because I think LA is unworthy.  They have an excellent bid.  I've said that repeatedly.  Saying that I think Paris will be chosen over LA is not some sort of insult on "the great city of Los Angeles," yet you and RuFF seem to regard that as some sort of inferiority complex.  Nevermind that everyone know's LA's place in Olympics history and isn't questioning their credentials.  The tone of this thread isn't that LA routinely gets criticized.  It's the overly Utopian viewpoints that get presented that get criticized, and you're furthering that where your counter-point is to exaggerate with crap like "no, you obviously don't know how awesome LA is"

You honestly don't seeing anything wrong with RuFF?  That's amusing.  We don't scold him because he has a positive take on LA.  We scold him because he's a troll.  He knows he's a troll.  Many other posters (not just myself and FYI) know he's a troll.  Just calling a spade a spade.  I don't take any of this personally.  Seems like you do though.

Oh yea, and only consistently active thread on GB?  Go ahead, distort reality a little more.  Good to know that you're okay with a troll being a troll though.  Probably can start to label you as a troll as well.  Or at least an out-of-touch idiot.

Well, I'm not going to be offended by the many insults you guys just threw at me for no good reason....I know it's just part of posting anything here. I'm really not trying to bash anyone or their opinions*, now and then I just want to share my point of view. I guess you just have to be prepared here to have people call you an *out of touch idiot* when you do that. I'm successful enough in life that I know I'm not an idiot, but maybe I'm out of touch now and then so I'll take the note and try to learn from you; but for sure I have a different point of view than you on some things.

1 hour ago, FYI said:

Gawd, should we start calling you AbPaulhamson now, too? Cuz that's exactly where that pile of projecting drivel belongs. :rolleyes:

....naw....that one's not very clever sounding....maybe Paulmanson (that's not too good either).

1 hour ago, Quaker2001 said:

It smells like flowers at LAX?

...I know.....sounds crazy and probably a bit LALA-landish but it's true. I always forget that till I return form NY. Last month Feb.......when I got off the plan at LAX (even though its winter) I think there had been a couple warm days that forced something to bloom....smelled like those little orange blossom thingys that grow on bushes.....I'm not a flower guy so I don't know what it was. It was very fragrant.....i love that smell. Then yesterday I actually returned to BUR, and it wasn't raining when I landed and it just smelled green and fresh sorta like San Fran often smells.

*I will apologize about the "dirty" NY comment. Don't get me wrong, I'm in the city at minimum every month for work, I know Manhattan. However; when I have to navigate mountains of trash on the every street due to the way the old city is built, and when the bathrooms in very good restaurants are often as dirty as a subway, and when there is always that mystery milky white liquid running in the gutters......ya know......it kinda leaves an impression. I do enjoy the city, I'm just always so happy to get back home.

Edited by paul

Well, paul. Nice to know that you only took the defensive instead of acknowledging as to why this thread has become the way it has thanks to the likes of tRuff (& Co), which was originally your take on this whole thing. But hey, whatever tickles your fancy, I suppose. But then again, don't act so surprised by it, either.

And while "apologizing" for a negative comment that you made, I don't think that it means much when you still continue on trashing the very thing that you're apologizing for in your very next sentence, lmfao. But I guess that's just the "L.A." in you, lol.

21 minutes ago, FYI said:

And while "apologizing" for a negative comment that you made, I don't think that it means much when you still continue on trashing the very thing that you're apologizing for in your very next sentence, lmfao. But I guess that's just the "L.A." in you, lol.

...I guess I'm trying to say I kinda have a  New-Yorkers POV because of the amount of time I "live and work" there, everyone who lives in the city bitches about this same stuff (and lots more). The difference is, I'm the guys that never wanted to have to be based in NYC, it may happen one day but I'm fighting it all the way. But yeah.......that's definitely the west-coast in me.

Edited by paul

14 minutes ago, paul said:

...I guess I'm trying to say I kinda have a  New-Yorkers POV because of the amount of time I "live and work" there, everyone who lives in the city bitches about this same stuff (and lots more). The difference is, I'm the guys that never wanted to have to be based in NYC, it may happen one day but I'm fighting it all the way. But yeah.......that's definitely the west-coast in me.

Uh huh. 

26 minutes ago, FYI said:

Well, paul. Nice to know that you only took the defensive instead of acknowledging as to why this thread has become the way it has thanks to the likes of tRuff (& Co), which was originally your take on this whole thing. But hey, whatever tickles your fancy, I suppose. But then again, don't act so surprised by it, either.

Still nothing on this, though, paul? 

7 minutes ago, RuFF said:

I liked your post because you sounded like you were in distress. :) 

How nice of you :rolleyes:. Too bad I can never say the same cuz obviously you're the 'distressed queen'. You hyperventilate & get very anxious when you see the slighest critique of your precious L.A.  And in the end, when you can't refute anymore of your crap, you resort to this type of pettiness, which your fellow L.A. "groupies" like paul are totally oblivious to. 

8 minutes ago, RuFF said:

I liked your post too because I'm glad I have an effect on you. And you see, that's the difference. You care, I don't. I don't value you very much, so when taking that into considerations I'm indifferent both in what you think of me and what you say. To anybody else who takes issue with me you can fk off. 

Obviously we have an effect on you, too. Cuz otherwise, you wouldn't be posting this ITFP. And again, projecting, cuz we don't care about you. You've failed to "control the conversation" here & that clearly bothers you & "distresses" you. Cuz now you're just getting desperate with all these insults to everyone.

So again, why don't you just start your own instagram page or something already (& take your groupies like paul with you), & you can "la la land" all you want over there, so we can finally have OBJECTIVE discussions about L.A. (& all the other intangibles that involves) over here.

4 minutes ago, RuFF said:

I liked your post too because I'm glad I have an effect on you. And you see, that's the difference. You care, I don't. I don't value you very much, so when taking that into considerations I'm indifferent both in what you think of me and what you say. To anybody else who takes issue with me you can fk off. 

Here's the other difference.  I don't value you are all.  I appreciate it though that you have some value for me, so thank you for that :lol:

You said it earlier (your words, not mine) that you pride yourself in being a dick.  Congratulations, you're doing an excellent job.  Sadly, you're clearly more interested in being a dick than actually adding anything to the conversation here.  Which is a shame because as much as so many people in this thread would enjoy it more if you went away, we all know that's not going to happen.

But that's okay.  Continue being an asshole and see if anyone thinks you're anything but a douchey troll.  Good luck trying to get anyone here to whatever you have to say seriously.

1 hour ago, paul said:

Well, I'm not going to be offended by the many insults you guys just threw at me for no good reason....I know it's just part of posting anything here. I'm really not trying to bash anyone or their opinions*, now and then I just want to share my point of view. I guess you just have to be prepared here to have people call you an *out of touch idiot* when you do that. I'm successful enough in life that I know I'm not an idiot, but maybe I'm out of touch now and then so I'll take the note and try to learn from you; but for sure I have a different point of view than you on some things.

Tell us again how you still don't understand why RuFF gets under people's skin and that there's nothing wrong with his positive outlook of LA?

Look, if you get warm feelings when you return to LA from New York, I can understand that.  But if you're posting here saying that LA smells like flowers compared to dirty New York (which no one had brought up but you), what's the point of that?  That's the kind of hyperbole that makes it tough to have rational conversations here about LA and their bid.  When you say things like "so many people" say they hate LA or how everyone in NYC bitches about the same stuff, there's not as much truth in that as you want us to believe.  And trust me, I will arrogantly defend New York as hard as anyone else here.  I've had plenty of nights where I've had to side-step garbage or dealt with the subways or whatever else New Yorkers like to complain about.  And I wouldn't trade it for the world.

But it's neither here nor there how you feel about New York.  The out of touch comment (and notice how someone other than myself and FYI) came from the "everyone hates LA so much" assertion.  It's 1 of those perceptions that you probably built up in your mind and now have convinced yourself is true.  That's the kind of stuff that gets people riled up here and where people get defensive.

37 minutes ago, FYI said:

Still nothing on this, though, paul? 

Well, to be honest you all sound intelligent and very articulate...including RUFF. Then, you all like to call each other twats and stuff like that at the drop of a hat.....both sides are doing that, it all cancels itself out......no party seems worse than the other. Maybe I give Ruff support now and then because he's kinda fighting for what he believes against a lot of opposition, he seems no more vicious than those attacking him. Sometimes it seems like a lopsided fight except that like the Patriots, he never gives up. I have to respect that.

5 minutes ago, Quaker2001 said:

The out of touch comment (and notice how someone other than myself and FYI) came from the "everyone hates LA so much" assertion.  It's 1 of those perceptions that you probably built up in your mind and now have convinced yourself is true.  That's the kind of stuff that gets people riled up here and where people get defensive.

OK, I think you are right...I'll watch it next time.

Edited by paul