17th Asian Games Incheon 2014

world atlas

Okay, while the lightning was boring, the cauldron itself is not bad. I like the idea of the "fire fountain"

Now it's K-Pop time.

fire fountain?? i wondered how they can combine water and fire in the cauldron...

psy is in the stage now....

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that's all folks. While Doha and Guangzhou were very expensive shows, this was much more subtle and simple. I guess they'll show their best cards in 2018

Doha can rest assured still being the best Asian Games opening. After 8 years.

Well, that's all folks. While Doha and Guangzhou were very expensive shows, this was much more subtle and simple. I guess they'll show their best cards in 2018

i (still) hope the next asiad are not in indonesia......

i have no idea what will happen if indonesia really is the next host of the asiad....

I think it will be Nanjing China the host of the 2019 Asian and Asian Para Games. Dubai got the World Expo 2020 and I don;t think Indonesia would be ready to host the event in 2019 they are like the 3 bidding countries in the running for the 2019 Games the OCA said.

i hope your scenario is happenning for real but strangely even the opening commentators are said indonesia is only need the confirmation to become the next asiad host....

seem be official now

OCA Executive Board Confirms Indonesian Asiad in 2018

OH NO!!!!!!!!!

Whatever, I would had preferred to see the games in Indonesia than in China. Again. They've hosted too much things already. Not mentioning they might get the 2022 WOG if Oslo resigns

just wait and see everyone....

prepare yourself for the most ridiculous asiad ever!!!

it's over now... right???

In TVRI, yes, they got 3 hour quota for the OC (or I can say 2 hour and 55 minutes because the last 5 minutes were used for worthless commentators session). Shame on them that they cut the last performance which end almost exactly with those stupid comments. Oddly enough, today's morning broadcast of the events has 3 hour quota (8 am - 11 am Indonesian time) but it ended in 11.06. Usually they cut it (no matter what) and finish the event 5 minutes before the quota end for medal standings and closing credits.

my comment

Positive +

-i like the idea of the fire on fountain

-love the song by 5 korean singer

-the lantern scene look great

-countdown fireworks

Negative -

-lighting scheme was boring

-most scene was just copy paste

-supposed to look more universal and global

-to little props

-no breathtaking moment

-to much depend on floor projection and kind a bit boring

In TVRI, yes, they got 3 hour quota for the OC (or I can say 2 hour and 55 minutes because the last 5 minutes were used for worthless commentators session). Shame on them that they cut the last performance which end almost exactly with those stupid comments. Oddly enough, today's morning broadcast of the events has 3 hour quota (8 am - 11 am Indonesian time) but it ended in 11.06. Usually they cut it (no matter what) and finish the event 5 minutes before the quota end for medal standings and closing credits.

it really confusing when i said this and then someone else said "hey it's still going" it really made me like mad besides sporting events like olympics, asiad, sea games and pon are the most useful events for tvri if we looking from the amount of people watching the station so cutting down these shows when it's still going is really weird i mean when they have the opportunity why don't use it and something like this is really is strange and honestly may i ask you in which city and province do you live in and how was the games broadcasted there ? is it cutted for local some local shows because here in malang ( and also the rest of east java ) they cut some hours of the games for some local shows because if you watch tvri you have to know in which city and province you are because when it comes to local shows it really matters....

Archived