• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 GBModerator

GBModerator

Torch Bearer 10000 Club

• Super Administrators
  • 10225 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:21 PM

FYI, we never stopped making shortlist predictions.

2014 Shortlist preview...

http://www.gamesbids...1150860675.html

2016 Shortlist preview...

http://www.gamesbids...1212537937.html

The 2016 prediction is interesting. Chicago, Madrid and Tokyo were green; Rio and Doha were amber (ironically Rio probably wouldn't have made the list if Rio was accepted since Rio had lower scores) and the rest were red.

2018 Shortlist preview...

http://www.gamesbids...1216135228.html

As far as BidIndex goes - there has never been a set schedule. And as someone mentioned before, updates are released as the race demands. The 2018 race, with only three cities, didn't require too many updates.

There was actually a BidIndex ready to come out when Rome was in the 2020 race - but as it became apparent that they might be dropping out - we stopped the release. When they dropped out we had to recalculate things since many of the categories have relative scoring. Then we rescheduled the release for May since it would be closer to SportAccord and more interesting.

Now - we are ready to release in the next few days. And, as always, we will prepare the shortlist predictions.
@gamesbids
@olympicforums
GB Moderator
GamesBids.com

#22 FYI

FYI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9435 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:09 AM

What I meant was that I distinctly rememeber the 2012 Index predicting the short-list, but for the other races I could not remember, for whatever reasons. Perhaps bcuz the 2012 race was a higher profile Summer Olympic bid campaign & the Winter Olympic races I don't pay as much acute attention to.

#23 Athensfan

Athensfan

Flag Bearer Level 8

• Members
  • 8082 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:11 AM

I really did not remember those predictions. Interesting revisiting them. Thanks.

Personally, I would have liked to see the bid index with Rome in the race. Even if it had been released after Rome's departure. It would have been an opportunity to explain in greater detail how the index works. Then when the next version came out, we could all observe the shift.

Incidentally, you could well find yourself in the same position with Istanbul....,

"...unforgettable, dream Games..."

Posted Image

#24 GBModerator

GBModerator

Torch Bearer 10000 Club

• Super Administrators
  • 10225 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:45 PM

I really did not remember those predictions. Interesting revisiting them. Thanks.

Personally, I would have liked to see the bid index with Rome in the race. Even if it had been released after Rome's departure. It would have been an opportunity to explain in greater detail how the index works. Then when the next version came out, we could all observe the shift.

Well, you just might. Stay tuned.
@gamesbids
@olympicforums
GB Moderator
GamesBids.com

#25 Athensfan

Athensfan

Flag Bearer Level 8

• Members
  • 8082 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:46 PM