Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SwissO

National Houses during London 2012 Games...

56 posts in this topic

So regarding the French team, here is the "Club France" : http://clubfranceolympique.com/

Located in the city center at the Old Billingsgate (former London's Fish market) clise to Tower Bridge.

plan.jpg

16 Lower Thames Street,

City of London,

United Kingdom

Tube Stations :

- Monument

- Tower Hill

vue_entree.png

There will be several areas at Club France

- the main area at ground floor will be a fan fest place, free of access, opened to everyone. A stage with concerts, Athletes medals presentation and big video-screens to follow the live broadcasting from France Television

- an opened (free access but not free!) restaurant in the basement

- private areas in the upper floors : for dignitaries, VIPs and media

The grand hall view :

Grand_Hall_journce_1.png

Thank you SwissO!

Can people please post all the information they know about places such as this, the Deutches Haus Fan Fest and also the Heineken Holland House and any others they know about in this thread? Thanks

"Casa Italia" home of the Italian Delegation

img_1564.jpg

ROME (AP) — The Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre in downtown London will host Italy's popular "Casa Italia" hospitality center during next year's London Olympics.

The Italian Olympic Committee (CONI) unveiled its plans on Tuesday, detailing a complex featuring six floors covering more than 6,000 square meters, with catering for 2,100 people at a time.

Located near Westminster Abbey and parliament, visitors will be able to dine with views of Big Ben.

CONI is paying —1.2 million for use of the facility, which will also be used to promote Rome's bid for the 2020 Summer Games.

CONI president Giovanni Petrucci says, "This is the best Casa Italia we've had since its introduction in Los Angeles in 1984. It will be very welcoming and hopefully we'll celebrate many medals there."

http://www.gamesbids.com/eng/olympic_bids/future_bids_2016/1216135669.html

"House of Switzerland" for the Swiss fans...

http://www.houseofswitzerland.org

The House of Switzerland UK 2012 will open its doors in the heart of London. The historic Glaziers Hall, the home of the Glaziers Guild as well as an event location, will be the centre of the Swiss presence at the Olympic Games in London 2012.

Located in the vibrant district of Southwark, the House of Switzerland is right next to the Thames and close to sights such as the Tate Modern and Borough Market. London Bridge Tube station is only a stone's throw away, so the House of Switzerland is easy to reach by public transport.

7ff9af81aa.jpg

Glaziers Hall

9 Montague Close

London Bridge, SE1 9DD

The official Swiss guest centre at the Olympic Games

The House of Switzerland is the official Swiss hospitality centre at the Olympic Games. It is set up and outfitted during the lead up to the Olympic Games, and is then open for the duration of the Games.

The tradition of a Swiss guest centre dates back to 1998, when the House of Switzerland celebrated its inaugural event at the Winter Olympic Games in Nagano, Japan.

The House of Switzerland is project managed by Presence Switzerland, part of the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs, and acts as a meeting point and social hub for the Swiss Olympic team, its sponsors, and partners. It is also used for receptions, media conferences, client events, and medal celebrations.

It is one of the few national guest centres at the Olympic Games open to the public, and is intended for a wide local and international audience.

The House of Switzerland was conceived as a public-private partnership project and is designed to facilitate close collaboration between official partners and sponsors from the Swiss private sector.

clear.gif

The famous "Holland Heineken House" ....

http://www.hollandheinekenhouse.nl/english/info/

hhh-logo.png

Holland Heineken House is the traditional meeting place for the various echelons of the Dutch sports world during the Olympic Games. It is the official, national house of the Netherlands where NOC*NSF (Netherlands Olympic Committee) is the host and where Heineken facilitates and organises the venue. Holland Heineken House started during Barcelona 1992 and London 2012 will be the 11th edition in a row, which means we will be celebrating our 20th anniversary!

nyecrowd1.jpg

The Holland Heineken House is based in Alexandra Palace in North London during the Olympic Summer Games of 2012. The offcial venue of the national house of NOC*NSF is located approximately 20 minutes travel from the centre of London (Kings Cross St. Pancras Station) and the Olympic Village, by train or underground.

For more information and how to get there, please visit: www.alexandrapalace.com

In addition to a large hall where the medal ceremonies for Dutch athletes and performances will take place, there will also be various shops, cafes and restaurants, reception rooms for sponsors, athlete facilities, media facilities, an information desk and facilities for NOC*NSF. There will also be a wide variety of things to see and do for visitors during the day. The opening and closing ceremony will be shown on screen at the Holland Heineken House, as well as all the relevant sports events.

The entertainment program will be announced at a later stage, probably in June 2012.

In order to visit the Holland Heineken House you need to have a valid admission ticket and an ID (passport, ID card, driving license) is required as well. Due to (local) laws and regulations you have to be 18 years or older to visit the Holland Heineken House after 08.00 PM. During the day, until 08:00 PM hours, minors (under 18 years) are allowed to visit the Holland Heineken House, provided they are accompanied by at least 1 adult of 21 years or older.

The Holland Heineken House is open from Thursday July 26 (from 04:00 PM) until Sunday August 12, 2012. The doors are open every day from 10.30 AM to 02.00 AM. On August 12, the national house will close immediately after the closing Ceremony of the Olympic Games.

Russia House : Perks Field (next to Kensigton Palace)

Heineken Holland House : Alexandra Palace

Casa Italia : QEII Conference Centre

Africa House : Kensington Park (53 countries reunion)

Casa Brazil : Somerset House (including a 2016 showcase)

Belgium House : The Inner Temple

Irish House : The Big Chill House

Jamaica Village : Finsbury Park

German House : The Museum of London Docklands

Czech House : Business Design Centre

USA House : The Royal College of Art in Kensington (the only one not open to public)

Romania House : 30 Pavilion Road

Korea House : Royal Thames Yacht Club

Japan House : 4 Hamilton Place

France House : Old Billingsgate

House of Switzerland : Glazier Hall

Austria House : Trinity House

Georgia House : 45 Millbank

You can also add :

Sochi Showcase in the North-East corner of Hyde Park

Pride House in Clapham Common Park

"German House" at the Museum of London Docklands

http://www.museumoflondon.org.uk/Docklands/

Museum of London Docklands

West India Quay

Canary Wharf

London E14 4AL

Icon_DLR.gif By DLR: West India Quay

IconTube.gif By Tube: Canary Wharf

IconBus.gif By Bus: D3, D7, D8, 277, N50, D6, 15, 115, 135

Icon_DLR.gif By River: Thames Clippers

5E87CEBE-CC0E-831D-1B6AA4B0BF10EAFF.gif

Museum of London Docklands confirmed as German House for the Olympics

The Museum of London Docklands will host the German hospitality base for the Olympic Games and Paralympics Games in 2012.

German House is where the German National Olympic Committee and its sponsors provide VIP hospitality and meeting facilities for their guests. Guests will range from medal winning athletes and main players within the Olympic and International Olympic Committee community to political, cultural and business stakeholders.

"We are absolutely delighted to welcome the first Olympic house to the Olympic boroughs," said Museum of London Docklands director Professor Jack Lohman.

"This partnership will bring lasting benefits to the Museum of London Docklands including upgrades to the building, international links with Stories of the World – the London 2012 cultural festival for young people, and relationship-building with German businesses. As a publicly funded organisation, these benefits are both extremely valuable and timely."

"We are thrilled that the Museum of London Docklands is one of the first 2012 hospitality bookings to be confirmed," added Visit London head of event solutions and UK sales Zanine Adams.

Brazil will turn Somerset House into 'Casa Brasil' in 2012, the Russian Fan House will be based at Marble Arch, and France will take over Old Billingsgate.

The Olympic Delivery Authority (ODA) recently released new aerial images of the Olympic Park showing the progress made on the main venues.

Thank you SwissO!

Can people please post all the information they know about places such as this, the Deutches Haus Fan Fest and also the Heineken Holland House and any others they know about in this thread? Thanks

For Heineken Holland House you have to buy a daily ticket (10euros + 2,50 for shipping) even if you are a Holland resident.

Ticket is good for all day long with possibility of exit and return.

They issue 4000 ticket for each day and the limit date to purchase them was March 31th.

I personnally got somes for three differents days (11th, 12th and 13th) but probably only use the one for the 13th (for watching there the Closing Ceremony)

In Beijing it was an other story. Only having to show a non-chinese passport.

Concerning all the other places, no tickets required but expect long waiting line.

In Vancouver there was at some times a 2 to 3 hours waiting time to go to the most popular ones (Irish House, German Fan Fest and Heineken Holland House)

Canada announced the place for the Paralympic Games, at Bishopgate Institute,

For the Olympics : they will announce the place only in May but I find it few weeks ago. Unfortunelly I don't remember the name of the place but I remember it was a school situated at less than a km south of the Olympic Park. I will try to retrieved the name.

One other place interesting to be during the Games is the Coca-Cola Official Olympic Pins Trading Center. There will be two locations in London, at the Olympic Park and also in Hyde Park.

Canada announced the place for the Paralympic Games, at Bishopgate Institute,

For the Olympics : they will announce the place only in May but I find it few weeks ago. Unfortunelly I don't remember the name of the place but I remember it was a school situated at less than a km south of the Olympic Park. I will try to retrieved the name.

One other place interesting to be during the Games is the Coca-Cola Official Olympic Pins Trading Center. There will be two locations in London, at the Olympic Park and also in Hyde Park.

Canada House will be a Trafalgar Square

5 Trafalgar Square, Westminster, London SW1Y 5BJ

Thanks for the info.

The place I heard about few weeks ago was :

Langdon Park School – Byron Street, London Borough of Tower Hamlets

It seems that both places will be used during the Games

Brazil has Somerset House:

http://www.gamesbids...94-casa-brasil/

Its location; by the Thames to the right if you're walking along Waterloo Bridge.

Somerset_House_and_Waterloo_Bridge,_London.jpg

Google Maps

How it was in 1707:

94548.jpg

In 1722:

028-Somerset_House_by_Kip_1722.jpg

In 1817:

Somerset_House_THS_1817_edited.jpg

And today:

somerset-house-102020.jpg

3497575232_242e1b0668_b.jpg

4219114977_700cafc487_b.jpg

2_6.jpg

Germany has Museum of London Docklands

http://www.gamesbids...s-german-house/

Quick out of the blocks: Germany steals a march on rivals by sending Olympics 2012 hospitality ship to London for a dry run

Germany began its warm-up for the 2012 Games in dramatic style by steering into its berth the largest ship ever to visit London's Docklands.

Onlookers marvelled, wide-eyed, as the 175.3m length and 23m beam luxury cruise liner MS Deutschland was berthed in South Quay, London Docklands with just inches to spare.

The German Olympic ship's remarkable arrival in the capital was part of a 36-hour test-run ahead of next summer when she will moor at the dock during the Olympics.

Guests of the German Olympic Sports Confederation will be entertained on board.

The lock is 178m in length and 24.4m wide, meaning there was just enough room to fit the vessel and bring her into South Quay's deep water berths at the heart of the Canary Wharf financial district.

East Londoner Billy Smith, British Waterways' veteran dockmaster and tidal locks supervisor, described the manoeuvre as 'an impressive sight to behold as there are literally just inches to spare'.

Isle of Dogs-based Mr Smith, who has worked on the River Thames and in the docks since 1962, said: 'This is the largest ship that I have ever seen navigate through the lock.

To fit her in we use the high tides and insist she's brought in stern first, an unusual and interesting operation for the river pilots and the captain.

'Bringing MS Deutschland into the docks is a real achievement. The manoeuvre into the confined space of the lock shows how good planning, combined with the skill of the teams involved, worked to ensure the berthing operation was successful.'

The German Olympic Sports Confederation will use the Museum of London Docklands as Deutsches Haus (Germany House) during the Games.

Michael Vesper, director general of the Deutscher Olympischer Sport Bund, the German Olympic Sports Confederations, said: 'The Canary Wharf skyline will provide an iconic backdrop to the German House and German Ship, and London Docklands is a great location; close to the Olympic Park and Olympic venues such as the O2 and Greenwich Park, great transport connections and an interesting heritage.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1SCL9MffA

article-2014811-0D02538200000578-402_634x423.jpg

article-2014811-0D02542B00000578-957_634x423.jpg

Edited by RobH

where are the London Live sites again - there are too few but can't remember where they are!??

Thanks for the info.

The place I heard about few weeks ago was :

Langdon Park School – Byron Street, London Borough of Tower Hamlets

It seems that both places will be used during the Games

No, Langdon Park Scool is their logistic center.... especially their outfit stock ! No hospitality there...

COC will also have a performance centre, for their non accredited staff... a place to work & rest !

I'm happy to read that because LPS is not easily accessible from a Tube station and I was not able to schedule a visit in my busy schedule.

At Trafalgar Square it will be a lot easier. I will be able to go between my two Beach Volleyball sessions (BV031 and BV032)

1 person likes this

Blimey, Holland are really pulling out all the stops. Good job well done I say, this is a must see.

Looks like Pride house has been scrapped because of lack of sponsorship and headline acts

I received a email today from Heineken Holland House.

They asked me to provide them my passport number to attach to the tickets I bought in early april when they put them on sale.

Use Google Translate to read the text and you will see that it will be a lot more difficult to enter there than in Beijing

Vergeet niet voor 31 mei al je gegevens in te vullen!

Beste Holland Heineken House fan,

Onlangs heb je één of meerdere kaarten gekocht voor het Holland Heineken House London 2012. Leuk dat je onze gast bent tijdens de Zomerspelen!

Graag willen wij je er op wijzen dat je nog 1 week (tot 31 mei a.s.) de tijd hebt om al je gegevens te controleren en compleet te maken. Dat geldt niet alleen voor jezelf, maar voor iedere persoon voor wie jij kaartjes hebt besteld. Dus als je bijvoorbeeld 4 Holland Heineken House kaarten hebt gekocht voor jezelf en 3 andere vrienden, moeten dus de gegevens van alle individuele bezoekers worden ingevuld.

Alle kaarten op je eigen naam zetten of van een fictief persoon kan niet. Hier wordt op gecontroleerd. De tickets staan op naam en zijn niet overdraagbaar. Bij de entree van het Holland Heineken House moet namelijk een geldig identiteitsbewijs plus een kaartje getoond worden.

Om je gegevens te controleren en/of aan te passen, moet je eerst inloggen op onze website met je persoonlijke inloggegevens (e-mailadres en wachtwoord). Deze gegevens heb je ontvangen bij je registratie.

Als alle gegevens compleet zijn, wordt dit in ons systeem verwerkt. Pas daarna worden de kaarten gedrukt en worden deze in juli naar je toegestuurd.

Heb je alles al ingevuld en gecontroleerd? Prima, dan hoef je niks meer te doen!

Om alvast een idee te krijgen hoe het Holland Heineken House eruit gaat zien, kun je hier alvast een virtueel bezoek brengen aan het nationale huis van de sport.

Tot ziens in Alexandra Palace!

Met sportieve groet,

Holland Heineken House London 2012

De Algemene Ticketvoorwaarden van Holland Heineken House London zijn van toepassing.

The Portugal´s National house will be in Lambeth...a kind of little Portugal....

Lambeth will show support for its Portuguese residents by flying the Portuguese national flag

for the duration of the Olympics and Paralympics and hosting visits by Portuguese athletes to

schools, sports clubs, community groups and events. Portugal's best-known athlete is

international footballer Cristiano Ronaldo who will be invited to take part.

Steve Reed, Lambeth Council Leader, said:

“I am proud to show our support for Lambeth's Portuguese community by helping them

support their team. This is a great way to join with Lambeth's single biggest minority

population as they look forward to the London Olympics and Paralympics.

“Lambeth has the biggest population of Portuguese speakers in Europe outside Portugal

itself. This is an exciting opportunity to celebrate their contribution to our borough while also

making sure Lambeth makes the most of the London Olympics and Paralympics.” He added:

"I hope we will be able to support other communities living locally in the same way."

http://www.lambeth.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/EFAFF876-F74A-4FC3-9343-A61EC80DA8B6/0/Olympics_2PDF.pdf

I wonder where they will be based in Lambeth. I'm assuming around the Vauxhall/Stockwell/Brixton area since, cycling through daily, that's where the biggest concentration of Portuguese cafes/restaurants seem to be. And where you hear most noise after football matches if it's gone Portugal's way!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0