Most memorable moment from all Opening Ceremonies (opinion)
Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:12 PM
"...unforgettable, dream Games..."
Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:30 PM
Athens 2004 - The drummers, the flame rings
Beijing 2008 - The opening ceremony soundtrack
Lillehammer 1994 - Setting it at the ski jump venue was unique
Vancouver 2010 - The whales on the floor of BC Place, flag at half-mast to honor a fallen athlete, and the flame lighting which was concluded at the beginning of the closing ceremony. Oh, and Gretzky almost slipping on the back of the pick-up truck.
Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:59 PM
- The multicultural segment and the climax at the end of the segment where the performers stood in an outline of Australia.
- The entire cauldron lighting segment (celebrating women at the Olympics, i think)
- The national anthem, I know I am biased, but i reckon its up there as one of the best renditions of any anthem performance.
- The costumes in the historical parade. I particularly liked the hydra puppet.
- The giant head appearing from the centre of the ground and the DNA helix structure.
- I like the cauldron, simple and clean.
The Beijing ceremony was a grande experience, my most memorable segments would have to include:
- Sarah Brightman and Liu Huan performance of "You and Me", the smiley face fireworks and the kids on the umbrellas.
- The dream like music during the illumination of the rings on the floor and as they rise into the air.
- The dragon pillar segment, all those ladies in those costumes dancing. The giant scroll was great as well!
I can't wait to see what London has coming up.
Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:19 PM
Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:25 AM
Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:01 PM
1st. Barcelona flamming arrow, my 1st experience watch an olympic i watch it via television, it also the time when my country won 1st gold medal
2nd. The Beijing 2008 opening, my first Asian - olympic games, and for me that so spectacular , the giant roll and the lightning process all of the show
Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:31 PM
WOW moment (wooohooo)
Words can't explain this moment, the best and the most imaginative of an opening ceremony ever. Don't you agree?
Citizens of the world
welcome to Athens
welcome back to Greece
Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:30 AM
1) The WTC flag brought into that dead silent stadium in Salt Lake City. It still brings tears to my eyes to this day, after seeing it for maybe two dozens times.
2) Two moments from Munich 1972: The huge cheer Team Germany got when it entered the stadium and (also quite a tearjerker moment for me) when the Olympic Flag went up the flagpole under the applause of the audience.
3) The "Both Sides Now" performance with the boy flying above the "wheat fields" in Vancouver. So beautiful in its simplicity and humaneness.
4) The cauldron lighting in Sydney, especially the image of an aborigine like Cathy Freeman holding the torch proudly in front of that stunning waterfall. What a strong symbol that was!
5) Two moments from Barcelona 1992: The entry of the Spanish team with that outburst of truly Spanish joy, and the corresponding outburst of joy when the cauldron lit up.
6) The moment when they projected those faces, hands etc. on the pieces of the Cycladic head in Athens. That was the moment when my friends fell dead silent while we watched the OC live.
7) When Li Ning ran around the rim of the Birds Nest's roof, accompanied by that beautiful "You and Me" theme song. It was contemplative, silent, emotional, impressive and exciting (because one kept guessing which lighting method Beijing would use) at the same time.
8) The "Reach Out And Touch" performance by Vicki McClure in the LA 1984 OC, when the whole audience, including the athletes, joined hands.
Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:00 AM
"...unforgettable, dream Games..."
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users