Baku Bid Book

Baku 2020 Submits Bid Application Highlighting Four-Cluster Concept

Baku 2020 CEO Konul Nurullayeva headed a delegation to submit the bid's applicant file to International Olympic Committee (IOC) headquarters in Lausanne Tuesday.

Nurullayeva said on handing over the file, "reflecting our bid's tagline 'Together we can', Baku's Applicant File stresses that it is not simply about what the Olympic Games can do for Baku and Azerbaijan, but what the city and country can offer back to the Olympic Movement".

She added, "our Applicant File outlines a Games Plan that will extend the Olympic ideals to millions of new hearts and minds and one that will embrace five continents. It says that awarding Baku the honour of hosting the 2020 Games will give people around the world a true picture of Azeri culture, while at the same time bring a new found sporting confidence to a region that has not had the opportunity to witness first-hand the greatest sporting event on earth".

Baku 2020 says its compact concept is based around four clusters that include both competition and non-competition venues that integrate existing, new, permanent and temporary venues.

The Waterfront Cluster includes three competition venues hosting seven sports, while the White City Cluster will house the Olympic Village, Media Village, IBC/MPC and Athlete Training Centre, plus three adjacent competition venues.

The Airport Cluster makes use of enhanced existing sporting venues and fits in with the city's expansion plans for the Baku Export Centre. At Games-time the Expo will host seven sports and will be a key Paralympic venue.

All competition venues, with the exception of three venues for the preliminary football competition, are within a 25-minute travel time of the Olympic Village.

1003c9702cc9.jpg

http://www.gamesbids...1216136096.html

I didn't get the question. Where do you mean?

Go to the Baku White City website and go then to the Olympic Village. There's a map with some pictures on the left hand side. When you expand it, you can see that it looks exactly like the Velodrome in London.

Here is Baku Bid Book http://baku2020.com/applicantfile/

I am very happy to see that this bid book is very real and made according to new Baku development plan and showing us some completed and under construction venues. Further, I am happy that new Baku subway network extension, seaside promenade extension and Baku Crystal Hall as well as such developments like Baku WHite City also took part in this bid book. I am very happy and satisfied with our concept for 2020 :D Go Baku, Together we can! B)

Here is Baku Bid Book http://baku2020.com/applicantfile/

I am very happy to see that this bid book is very real and made according to new Baku development plan and showing us some completed and under construction venues. Further, I am happy that new Baku subway network extension, seaside promenade extension and Baku Crystal Hall as well as such developments like Baku WHite City also took part in this bid book. I am very happy and satisfied with our concept for 2020 :D Go Baku, Together we can! B)

How to download it ?

I can't download it :(

Me neither thouhg Azer Akhundov, a user from SkyscraperCity took some pictures out of the bid book.

Baku 2020 Concept

b59d0402891e.jpg

2a84c781865c.jpg

Baku 2020 Olympic Venues and Infrastructure

61c37cf07240.jpg

38a5c9c074fa.jpg

Waterfront Cluster

0bee73e472ce.jpg

White City Cluster

49552fa29bc3.jpg

Olympic Stadium Cluster

a87b243030c0.jpg