Official Reports

usausa

Nobody here has really discussed Asian Games ORs. I think your best resource would be the OCA (Olympic Council of Asia) website; or perhaps the LA84 Foundation (altho I doubt they would have any).

U could also try either of these 2 emails with the Philippine Olympic Committee:

jose_cojuangco@yahoo.com

philolympic@smartbro.net .

Nobody here has really discussed Asian Games ORs. I think your best resource would be the OCA (Olympic Council of Asia) website; or perhaps the LA84 Foundation (altho I doubt they would have any).

U could also try either of these 2 emails with the Philippine Olympic Committee:

jose_cojuangco@yahoo.com

philolympic@smartbro.net .

The OCA website does not have them I believe.

I KNOW THAT. :angry: Will you give people a little credit in how they reply. I KNOW WHAT I AM DOING!!

If u or he gets in touch w/ them...they can probably lead him to where there might be a depository.

Rather than misleading people I was trying to state facts. If you can't handle that sorry. :blink:

• Like 4

Rather than misleading people I was trying to state facts. If you can't handle that sorry. :blink:

EXCUSE ME??? WHO WAS MISLEADING WHOM?

I was giving him ALL POSSIBLE leads considering it's a very obscure thing he is finding...and then YOU COME IN AND STICK YOUR NOSE like I DON'T KNOW WHAT I AM DOING.

Y DONCHA PAUSE BEFORE YOU POST sometimes? :angry:

Edited by baron-pierreIV
  • Like 1

EXCUSE ME??? WHO WAS MISLEADING WHOM?

I was giving him ALL POSSIBLE leads considering it's a very obscure thing he is finding...and then YOU COME IN AND STICK YOUR NOSE like I DON'T KNOW WHAT I AM DOING.

Y DONCHA PAUSE BEFORE YOU POST sometimes? :angry:

Clearly evident with negative reputation points for your post and positive reputation points for my post. :lol:

• Like 1

Clearly evident with negative reputation points for your post and positive reputation points for my post. :lol:

Frankly, I don't give a sh*t about those reputation pts-- sometimes posted by little minds.

So they don't count in my universe!

@ martin (usausa) -- DO NOT ask the OCA. Per the self-styled, know-it-all Johnnies-come-lately, here, you WILL NOT FIND the ORs there...after all, it is ONLY the FEDERATION that oversees the Asian Games (lke you shouldn't ask the IOC for a similar question because they are/are not the party that puts on the Olympic Games). Do NOT ASK the OCA to point you or lead you to where you could find these ORs...per the geniuses here!!

Ask the genius Intoronto instead to find them 4 u!!!

Edited by baron-pierreIV

• 2 weeks later...

Nice discussion...little bit of topic, I believe. For the record: I have the same question and already tried several times to contact the Asian Olympic council, but no reply. Also no reply from the Chinese olympic committee, regarding the 2010 Asian Games. Still trying.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice discussion...little bit of topic, I believe. For the record: I have the same question and already tried several times to contact the Asian Olympic council, but no reply. Also no reply from the Chinese olympic committee, regarding the 2010 Asian Games. Still trying.

Yeah the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) has not responded to me recently. Last year I contacted someone with the OCA Information and Statistics Committee, all he told was to contact the NOC of the host country. Absolutly ridiculous since the host nations pass over reports, information, websites to the OCA after the event...I had previously been in contact with someone from the Iranian Olympic Committee because their library has I think all of the reports. He told me he would see what he could find and would contact me. I provided him with the excel sheet list that showed that they had it, hoping it would help. Unfortunately he has never gotten back to me, been over a year. Chinese Olympic Committee hasn't responded either. I tried to put in a InterLibrary Loan request from my university library, but they wouldn't do it because it is not an academic related research. My local library back home doesn't do it, so I may have to go to the bigger Boston Public Library in the spring when I am done with school. I have been watching eBay, nothing. I will probably continue to email them in hopes of a response, but I can't be too optimistic. So I posed the question here to see if anyone had luck ever or has been able to find anything.

Seems to me you already did something to find those books. I even wonder if they exist or (even worse) still exist. A few years ago I only managed to get all PDF-files with results from Doha 2006.

Seems to me you already did something to find those books. I even wonder if they exist or (even worse) still exist. A few years ago I only managed to get all PDF-files with results from Doha 2006.

Yeah the results from Doha I have been using the website, "web.arhive.org" and then inputting the event website.

As for finding the list of books, I was on google seemingly forever and came across it. I might have it in my email and if you would like, I can forward that list to you. It's a list of what the Iranian Olympic library has in its archive.

Yeah the results from Doha I have been using the website, "web.arhive.org" and then inputting the event website.

As for finding the list of books, I was on google seemingly forever and came across it. I might have it in my email and if you would like, I can forward that list to you. It's a list of what the Iranian Olympic library has in its archive.

Please do sent me the list.....in 1988 I received the official report of the 1988 olympic games from the Korean olympic committee but they did not have the official report of the 1986 Asian Games. Also reports of other multi sport events are hard to find....pan american games, african games etc.

Please do sent me the list.....in 1988 I received the official report of the 1988 olympic games from the Korean olympic committee but they did not have the official report of the 1986 Asian Games. Also reports of other multi sport events are hard to find....pan american games, african games etc.

OK, just sent you an email, using the same email that you have sent me stuff previously.

Going to post the link so everyone can see it:

www.olympicacademy.ir/news/admin/latinbook.xls

OK, just sent you an email, using the same email that you have sent me stuff previously.

Going to post the link so everyone can see it:

www.olympicacademy.ir/news/admin/latinbook.xls

Thanks, interesting. Are you going to visit tehran soon :) then make an extra copy for me

Thanks, interesting. Are you going to visit tehran soon :) then make an extra copy for me

Haha well with the current state of Iran-US relations, it might be a little difficult to go there...US governmane says you're on your own over there and Iran might not even give a visa. I wish I could though, one of the two overseas sports libraries I want to vist (the other being the Pedro Ferrandiz Foundation in Madrid)...Maybe when I finish school and pay off some of it I can visit one!

Haha well with the current state of Iran-US relations, it might be a little difficult to go there...US governmane says you're on your own over there and Iran might not even give a visa. I wish I could though, one of the two overseas sports libraries I want to vist (the other being the Pedro Ferrandiz Foundation in Madrid)...Maybe when I finish school and pay off some of it I can visit one!

You already contacted them to digitalize the books? Some years ago I visited the Olympic Museum in Lausanne. Also interesting, but no report on the "smaller" Games. There should be a place, where they collect all this data. In Holland a company called Infostrada Sports is also specialized in sportsdata and they also have a huge collection of sports statistical data. I am going to give it another try with them. They provided the results-system at the Doha 2006 Asian Games.

You already contacted them to digitalize the books? Some years ago I visited the Olympic Museum in Lausanne. Also interesting, but no report on the "smaller" Games. There should be a place, where they collect all this data. In Holland a company called Infostrada Sports is also specialized in sportsdata and they also have a huge collection of sports statistical data. I am going to give it another try with them. They provided the results-system at the Doha 2006 Asian Games.

No I haven't contacted them about digitizing the books, I have contacted them for information from the 1990 Asian Games Report. But the gentleman I have been in contact with (from Iran) has stopped talking to me, so I don't know what to do now. My school library will not put in a loan for it because it is not a school related research.

Did you get your 2006 Asian Games Results from Infostrada? Did you have to pay for it?

Did you get your 2006 Asian Games Results from Infostrada? Did you have to pay for it?

I did receive the rsults from them. I did not pay for it but I provided them with several historical results from my private database. My database contains reults from most of the international multi sport events....

• 2 years later...

Just want to bump again to see if anything catches...

Still on the lookout for information from Asian Games official reports, looking specifically for statistics and rosters from teams! I've gotten some of 2010 printed, and most of 2002 can be accessed online, but I am still researching for other years! Big years of interest are the more recent ones, from 1982-present. Any ideas on where this information could be gathered (IOC no luck) or someone has this rare information? Any help is appreciated!

• 1 month later...

Hello. McGill University library in Montreal has the official results of the 1986 Seoul Asian Games. I have referred to it in person.

http://digital.library.mcgill.ca/olympics/

I have also obtained extensive athletics results from Asian Games back to 1966 from the German magazine Leichtathletik via a sports information service.

http://www.sirc.ca/

Hope this helps.

• 2 years later...

Reviving this old topic: I am still searching for reports on African Games, Pan American Games, Asian Games, South American Games and Mediteranean Games.

Still a struggle to find anything older than a few years.

any thoughts?