Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Citius Altius Fortius

Eurovision Song Contest 2012

505 posts in this topic

What I don't understand is why Montenegro and Georgia are sending their respective entries in, "Euro Neuro" and "I'm a Joker". I'd be appalled if these two even got close to qualifying. It's kinda like when Ireland sent Dustin the Turkey. I wish them better luck next year.

On the other hand, Russia is surprisingly growing on me. Good ol' Humperdinck's song is also good, but I don't reckon being first in the final is a good place for it, the opening needs a song with some power to it. Nice melody though.

Swedbank Arena is bigger. It isn't yet clear what it's capacity would be for Melofifestivalen but it could be up to 65,000. The audience could be significantly bigger than even the Eurovision final audience.

No way 65,000 can be there to watch the Melodfifestivalen. Those 65,000 can only be holded by Swedbank Arena when there is a central stage and when the people on the pitch are standing. It's football will be 50,000, quite comparable to Düsseldorf's 54,000. It holded 36,000 for ESC 2011, so I guess about 40,000 will be the maximum there.

BREAKING: ACCOMODATION FOR FANS

We've worked very hard for you and succeeded! We managed to secure over 200 additional apartments in Baku, that can accommodate nearly 1,000 Eurovision fans at very reasonable prices. Stay tuned for more information later this week. If you are still in doubt whether you should come to Baku or gave up because you couldn't find an affordable place to stay... it's time to re-think and light your fire! Tickets to all shows are still available as well :) (and of course OGAE packages). Take care! Sietse (EBU)

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/245934350720/

For such a considered trip for most people I have to say that whilst this news is welcomed, it is slightly too late for most people. It sounds to me like a reaction to poor ticket sales.

For such a considered trip for most people I have to say that whilst this news is welcomed, it is slightly too late for most people. It sounds to me like a reaction to poor ticket sales.

It is not. EBU didn't let Azerbaijani side to liberate hotels very long until delegations and press take their rooms so when the ticket were on sale international fans were hesitating cause they had no guarantee to have accomodation in Baku. I agree this is a bit late news but still a positive one. Welcome to Azerbaijan!

Tickets to all shows are still available as well :)

So I was wright when I said the final is still not sold out?

So I was wright when I said the final is still not sold out?

Only tickets for OGAE fans and for semifinals ;)

Ok, have just had time to do my first Top 10 Eurovision list for this year. I like 15 out of the 42 songs selected. Just missing out on my Top 10 list were Switzerland, UK, Malta, France and Croatia.

Here it is(subject to change):

1 point - Albania

2 points - Spain

3 points - Slovenia

4 points - Iceland

5 points - Norway

6 points - Germany

7 points - Finland

8 points - Sweden

10 points - Estonia

12 points - The Netherlands

The final version of the Latvian Entry

I really really like it, sticks in your head, plus a nice feel good video :)

I like the new version of beautiful song. It didn't make my Top 10 as I have really tired of the song since initially loving it on first listen. I am now thinking it maybe deserves a place in my Top 10. It's close.

I know what you mean Lee

Although, its a song that everytime i listen i cant help smiling and feel good :)

i like the italians by the way...

Well, the English version is quite good, but in Italian it was just great! I hope we'll hear the Italian version in Baku.

sounds like amy winehouse singining in italian... the song is out of eurovision concept and standarts... liked it so much

The worst entry into the Eurovision ever........ If you cant speak or sing in English properly then dont do it

If this makes the final then i will loose all credibility with the contest

That's my worst entry too. For me, the sleeper this year is Estonia. I think it could be the dark horse this year. Apart from that Sweden should have it all sewn up.

I agree... the Georgian entry is not very good this year... what I don't understand is how a country can really think that they are going to win with a song like that.....

Then again, there can only be one winner.... so the rest are just fillers....

That said, I hope that Romania does well this year.... I love "Zaleilah"!!!

Does anyone know when the stage design will be release?

http://www.eurovision.tv/page/news?id=51763&_t=eldar_nargiz_leyla_to_host_eurovision_2012

The hosts for ESC 2012 have been announced today. It's Eldar, winner of ESC 2011, along with the two moderstors presenting the running order draw. And for the stage:

At 2:55 there's a short preview of it. And on the ticket purchase site for ESC 2012 there's a "map" of Baku Crystal Hall and the stage dimensions seem to be correct.

6787dfc5fd6318797d017f9055ab1642.jpg