It's official now, the mayor of Madrid, together with the leader of opposition in the council, has confirmed the bid in a special press conference. He has said 80% of the infrastructure is already built and that no new investment in infrastructure for the other 20% will be made until after Madrid is awarded the games in 2013. So his seling point was that the bid will be austere and effective because of the previous bids.
The minoritary parties in the council IU and UPyD have said they will support the bid as long as long as new investment in infrastructure is not made until the final decision is taken in 2013.
The spokesperson of the central Spanish government José Blanco has supported the bid with reserves as long as it doesn't mean new costs.
The leader of PP (and the most probable new PM next year) Mariano Rajoy has supported the bid saying that there are serious chances, most investment in infrastructure has already being made, and about the current financial crisis he has said it will take time for the decision to be taken and for the games to be celebrated.Agencia EFEEl País