Photo

The womans name is *Dikshit*?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 mattygs

mattygs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5553 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 05:11 AM

OK, this is totally politically incorrect and in fear of being flamed by Indian members - u gotta laugh.
Paul Henry, host of New Zealand's most popular breakfast tv show - Breakfast, has a bad habit of overstepping the line on tv.
He did it again, when pronouncing the name of Delhi's chief minister Sheila Dikshit.
NZ breakfast tv
This is a must watch.

Paul has been notorious with other such youtubable moments as commenting on the mostache on a lady he interviewed , and talking about how rats urinate on their hands to clean their faces.

#2 baron-pierreIV

baron-pierreIV

Cauldron Lighter 20000 Club

• Premium Members
  • 38576 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 09:12 AM

I caught that woman's name loooooooong ago.

But it's actually worse. I read somewhere that it was originally dipsheet but it got changed to dikshit instead!! :lol:

In any case, in many chat rooms, her name I guess comes up diksh*T?? :lol: :lol:

Edited by baron-pierreIV, 01 October 2010 - 09:42 AM.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

"Secrets of the Olympic Ceremonies"

www.secretolympiceremony.com

Updated 2014 print edition (with section on Sochi) NOW available.  

Only (previous) 2011 edition available in eBook format which has only 15 images vs. 150+ images in print version.  (This is due to load limitations of an eBook format.)   

10% off via my website or www.createspace.com/3396522 using this discount code: 6Y79VJR7.

Cover_single_A2-1.jpg

#3 Mainad

Mainad

Flag Bearer Level 3

• Premium Members
  • 3279 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 10:11 AM

Well,I admit having a few sniggers myself when I first heard the name and especially in the context of the CWG fiasco.I thought 'You just couldn't make something like that up" and I guessed sooner or later some comedian (is he a comedian?) would go to town on it. :P

It seems that the Indian media must have cottoned on because I note it is now being spelt and pronounced 'Dixit' which apparently is the proper way or so we're now being told!

But I guess it'll take more than a change of name to fix the problems in the Athletes' Village!

Edited by Mainad, 01 October 2010 - 10:12 AM.

211px-2016_Summer_Olympics_logo.svg.png

#4 mattygs

mattygs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5553 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 04:07 PM

Paul is just a journalist, quite controversial and funny though - prone to having *moments* on air. His acceptance speech at the NZ Television awards was a classic.
Check these out.

Rats wash their faces with their own Urine

That is a lady with a Moustache

As for Miss Dikshit. I think having her first name as Sheila just makes it even better.
In saying that, the lady really does need a fair bit of kudos after moving Delhi into action with the athletes village.

#5 micheal_warren

micheal_warren

Flag Bearer Level 6

• Premium Members
  • 6291 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 08:06 PM

Thats very funny thanks for posting matty

#6 Alexjc#Vote2014NZ

Alexjc#Vote2014NZ

NZ!...It's Election Time! VOTE!

• Premium Members
  • 6088 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 12:08 AM

<_< Personally I hate the guy...a symbol of arrogant White New Zealand that still simmers just below the surface in the more affluent areas of Auckland...still funny to watch though! :)

#TeamKey
#Working4NZ

All you first time 18 - 20 something Voters, get out and VOTE!

...or don't complain if it doesn't go your way!!!

#7 stevie

stevie

Flag Bearer Level 2

• Premium Members
  • 2351 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 01:07 AM

<_< Personally I hate the guy...a symbol of arrogant White New Zealand that still simmers just below the surface in the more affluent areas of Auckland...still funny to watch though! :)

Totally agree. TVNZ are just using him as a gimick.

#8 Scotguy

Scotguy

His Imperial Majesty Emperor and Autocrat of all the Scots

• Premium Members
  • 2396 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 01:29 AM

I noticed that the Dickshit woman was really popular last night

sochi-2014-winter-olympics-torch-lightin

#9 Alexjc#Vote2014NZ

Alexjc#Vote2014NZ

• Premium Members
  • 6088 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:39 PM

;) Oh Scotguy! you totally spoiled it with pictures like that! 2014 is sooooooooooooooooo far awaaaaaaaaay!

:angry: Anyways PAUL HENERY has be suspended for two weeks off air without pay after he finally blew it! He race based slandered the Governer General while interviewing the Prime Minister when disscussing the GG's replacement. The look on John Key's face is totally priceless.

It also looks like an inquiry into his behaviour is about to begin...Wouldn't be surprised if he gets a full discplinary interview followed by dismissal.

#TeamKey
#Working4NZ

#10 Alexjc#Vote2014NZ

Alexjc#Vote2014NZ

• Premium Members
  • 6088 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 04:03 AM

:) Just sort of close this thread...Paul Henry tendered his resignation this afternoon to TVNZ boss Rik Ellis. It has been accepted.
Citing the damage to the company and NZ to be to great to show his face on TV again.

:angry: Sometimes you just got to know when to zip it!! :angry:

#TeamKey
#Working4NZ