Circassians have offered to do the symbol of the 2014 Olympics Circassian hero of the epic
At the All-Russia Forum of Young Parliamentarians delegation Adygea suggested a symbol of the Sochi Olympics Sausoruko - the protagonist of Circassian Epic sledges.
The idea of the Circassian symbolism was announced in an address to the public authorities of the Russian Federation and the Organizing Committee of the Sochi-2014 "on the Russian forum of young parliamentarians, held in Anapa.
2014 Olympic Games will be held in the North Caucasus, in the historical area of formation of the Circassian people, so the Olympics can be used to harmonize and strengthen international relations, quoting the text treatment, "Interfax reported.
In addition, the image Sausruko recalls the ancient Greek Prometheus, transmitted to humans by the Olympic flame. Circassian hero of the epic with the horse Thozhiem among other feats also brought back the people lost the fire.
The Nart Saga are series of epic tales shared by most of the caucassian cultures (including Georgia). One of the main characters is the giant Sosruko, which is the equivalent of Prometheus, since he steals the fire from the gods and gives it to humans. It would be interesting to see those elements used (although i have my doubts, specially because Georgia and Abkhasia would probably act butthurt about it and Circassian people don't like the russians very much for some reasons...)
Also, in other news, i was making a research about the AWG opening ceremony and discovered that most of the people which were behind the show in Astana, Kazakshtan, are actually russian. I already posted this article on the ceremonies thread but i'll do it here as well
The preparation for the opening ceremony of the Asiad-2011 was implemented by the Producer Centre of Igor Krutoy, the famous Russian composer and producer. Alexey Sechenov (Russia), the Director of the Opening Ceremony, says: “Such events are quite rare in the world. I can say that the greatest happiness of people, the residents of this city is the fact that they could come and see this event. The technologies, used in the Asiad-2011 opening ceremony, have no analogues in the world. Some tricks, techniques and special effects have not previously been used anywhere else. They were specially made for this event.” Alexey Sechenov is well-known with his staging devoted to the 60th anniversary of Victory Day in the Red Square, the music festival in Urmala, the “Golden Gramophone” and “MuzTV” prize shows.
Many experts compare the Asiad-2011 opening ceremony with the memorable event such as the opening ceremonies of the Olympic Games-1980 in Moscow, the Olympic Winter Games-2010 in Vancouver and the Asian Summer Games-2010 in Guangzhou.
The main facts:
• 700 professional actors and dancers were involved in the ceremony.
• The total screen space at the stadium covered 10 000 m2.
• The composer Igor Krutoy (Russia) wrote an original soundtrack which was performed by the celebrities of the Kazakhstani variety. It was accompanied by the symphony orchestra.
• According to the regulations, at the opening ceremony the text messages were broadcast in the official language of the hosting country - Kazakh, and English. Moreover, each spectator received a libretto of the opening ceremony in 3 languages (Kazakh, English, and Russian).
• The project capacity of the “Astana-Arena” stadium allows to keep the indoor temperature at +18С, while the outdoor temperature is -30С.
• The total audience number was 27000. The remaining seats were occupied with the stage equipment.
Interview with Alexey Sechenov: http://www.astana.kz/en/node/26481