44 replies to this topic

#21 Ikarus360

Ikarus360

Flag Bearer Level 2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2663 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:48 PM

Sorry for the necropost but i tought i needed to revive the thread :lol: I found this interesting article from a russian website

http://www.livekuban.ru/node/11306

Posted Image
Circassians have offered to do the symbol of the 2014 Olympics Circassian hero of the epic

At the All-Russia Forum of Young Parliamentarians delegation Adygea suggested a symbol of the Sochi Olympics Sausoruko - the protagonist of Circassian Epic sledges.

The idea of the Circassian symbolism was announced in an address to the public authorities of the Russian Federation and the Organizing Committee of the Sochi-2014 "on the Russian forum of young parliamentarians, held in Anapa.

2014 Olympic Games will be held in the North Caucasus, in the historical area of formation of the Circassian people, so the Olympics can be used to harmonize and strengthen international relations, quoting the text treatment, "Interfax reported.

In addition, the image Sausruko recalls the ancient Greek Prometheus, transmitted to humans by the Olympic flame. Circassian hero of the epic with the horse Thozhiem among other feats also brought back the people lost the fire.

The Nart Saga are series of epic tales shared by most of the caucassian cultures (including Georgia). One of the main characters is the giant Sosruko, which is the equivalent of Prometheus, since he steals the fire from the gods and gives it to humans. It would be interesting to see those elements used (although i have my doubts, specially because Georgia and Abkhasia would probably act butthurt about it and Circassian people don't like the russians very much for some reasons...)

Also, in other news, i was making a research about the AWG opening ceremony and discovered that most of the people which were behind the show in Astana, Kazakshtan, are actually russian. I already posted this article on the ceremonies thread but i'll do it here as well

http://www.astana-al...agenum=1&id=829
The preparation for the opening ceremony of the Asiad-2011 was implemented by the Producer Centre of Igor Krutoy, the famous Russian composer and producer. Alexey Sechenov (Russia), the Director of the Opening Ceremony, says: “Such events are quite rare in the world. I can say that the greatest happiness of people, the residents of this city is the fact that they could come and see this event. The technologies, used in the Asiad-2011 opening ceremony, have no analogues in the world. Some tricks, techniques and special effects have not previously been used anywhere else. They were specially made for this event.” Alexey Sechenov is well-known with his staging devoted to the 60th anniversary of Victory Day in the Red Square, the music festival in Urmala, the “Golden Gramophone” and “MuzTV” prize shows.

Many experts compare the Asiad-2011 opening ceremony with the memorable event such as the opening ceremonies of the Olympic Games-1980 in Moscow, the Olympic Winter Games-2010 in Vancouver and the Asian Summer Games-2010 in Guangzhou.

The main facts:
• 700 professional actors and dancers were involved in the ceremony.
• The total screen space at the stadium covered 10 000 m2.
• The composer Igor Krutoy (Russia) wrote an original soundtrack which was performed by the celebrities of the Kazakhstani variety. It was accompanied by the symphony orchestra.
• According to the regulations, at the opening ceremony the text messages were broadcast in the official language of the hosting country - Kazakh, and English. Moreover, each spectator received a libretto of the opening ceremony in 3 languages (Kazakh, English, and Russian).
• The project capacity of the “Astana-Arena” stadium allows to keep the indoor temperature at +18С, while the outdoor temperature is -30С.
• The total audience number was 27000. The remaining seats were occupied with the stage equipment.

Interview with Alexey Sechenov: http://www.astana.kz/en/node/26481

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SljA0xZAYD0

c0Aw9NH.png

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. // Sir Winston Churchill

#22 gotosy

gotosy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6772 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:25 AM

The Sochi 2014 Organizing Committee is set to mark the 31st anniversary of the Moscow 1980 Olympic Games Closing ceremony with a National competition to come up with the best idea for the Sochi 2014 XXII Olympic and Paralympic Games Opening and Closing ceremonies. The winner will receive two tickets to the Opening ceremony for Russia’s first ever Winter Olympics and will be chosen in the mid December, 2011. The winner’s ideas then may become a base of the final script for the Sochi 2014 Games Opening and Closing ceremonies that will be brought to life by a special creative group of the best Russian and international international producers.

The Closing ceremony of XXII Olympic Games in Moscow was held on 3 August 1980 on the “Luzhniki” stadium. The white Olympic flag was slowly lowered to the tune of the Olympic anthem. Girls dressed in tunics went to the cup with the Olympic flame and made a composition with a form of ancient Greek fresco. The Olympic flame was slowly going out.

At the very end of the Ceremony the organizers prepared a surprise for the guests and TV-viewers that stuck in the memory of people from all over the world. Moscow Olympic Mascot Bear, Misha, flying with balloons of different colors appeared in the center of the stadium. He waved his hand and slowly flew up over the stadium with the song of the composer Alexandra Pakhmutova and the poet Nikolay Dobronravov playing background.

The group headed by the People’s Artist of the USSR I.Tumanov and the director of sport parts, merited coach of Russia B.Petrov developed the script of the Closing Ceremony of the 1980 Olympics in Moscow. Yuriy Grigorovich prepared the sport dances for the ceremony.

There are still six month left for the public to submit their ideas. The winner will be chosen by an expert council after the entry deadline on 24th December 2011. The expert council will consist of Sochi 2014 Organizing Committee representatives, prominent Russian theatre figures, script writers and experienced mass event producers.

The Sochi 2014 Organizing Committee has already received hundreds of interesting works for the contest. They include a person from Moscow who proposed to make a flag of living birds, which will fly over the stadium. Another entry from Ossetia proposed to stage a meeting between Sochi 2014 Mascot Polar Bear and the Moscow 1980 Olympic Games Mascot Bear.

http://sochi2014.com...ive/news/42100/

Si hoc legere scis, nimium eru­di­ti­o­nis habes.

#23 mattygs

mattygs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5553 posts
  • Interests:Olympic Games ,sports, music

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:04 AM

Ah well, at least they're not deluding themselves and giving the public the actual job of devising the ceremonies. (like they did with the mascots).
I remember Salt Lake had a ceremonies suggestions page on their website in the lead up to 2002, I would be interested to know if any of those formed the basis of part of the end product.

#24 baron-pierreIV

baron-pierreIV

Cauldron Lighter 20000 Club

• Premium Members
  • 38561 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:09 AM

They include a person from Moscow who proposed to make a flag of living birds, which will fly over the stadium. Another entry from Ossetia proposed to stage a meeting between Sochi 2014 Mascot Polar Bear and the Moscow 1980 Olympic Games Mascot Bear.

OMG! From the impractical (PETA is going to rain down on them for this) to the truly mundane. :rolleyes: No mention of the team that put together their Handover segment in Vancouver?

This national contest for ideas..I don't know??? While it's rather inclusive, it also bespeaks of a dearth of ideas that they have to solicit ideas. Kinda like Beijing started doing but from among foreign Special Event producers; and then eventually settled on Yimou's teams ideas.

I remember Salt Lake had a ceremonies suggestions page on their website in the lead up to 2002, I would be interested to know if any of those formed the basis of part of the end product.

Oh really? I never visited that webpage. But in the end, since it was Mischer's group, they conducted over a year's research as they had done for Atlanta and formulated their own ideas.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

"Secrets of the Olympic Ceremonies"

www.secretolympiceremony.com

Updated 2014 print edition (with section on Sochi) NOW available.  

Only (previous) 2011 edition available in eBook format which has only 15 images vs. 150+ images in print version.  (This is due to load limitations of an eBook format.)   

10% off via my website or www.createspace.com/3396522 using this discount code: 6Y79VJR7.

Cover_single_A2-1.jpg

#25 mattygs

mattygs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5553 posts
  • Interests:Olympic Games ,sports, music

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:05 PM

Yeah just as I thought. I guess it's nice to give the impression that the public is being included, but the public isn't involved in the events industry for a reason.
I don't know why some cities make it so difficult for themselves, it's actually quite easy to formulate a team who then use the brains that they were given at birth - to come up with a script.
David Atkins (and i am guessing other producers) have the right idea. As a group, hold a few workshops around the given country, ask for ideas and opinions, and then as a group - sift through them all.
Easy.

#26 Scotguy

Scotguy

His Imperial Majesty Emperor and Autocrat of all the Scots

• Premium Members
  • 2396 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Olympic Games, Russia, History, cooking

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:00 AM

Plenty of this please:

sochi-2014-winter-olympics-torch-lightin

#27 Lord David

Lord David

Flag Bearer Level 3

• Premium Members
  • 3462 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:34 AM

Doesn't do the same for me like this does:

Have the surviving cast members and new ones in the Olympic colours, why not?

You can sing this and of course Dschinghis Khan! After all, Genghis did rule the area in which Sochi lies at some point during his Mongolian Empire.

Edited by Lord David, 10 August 2011 - 04:41 AM.

Tokyo is one of the world's popular cities including me!

logos_zps0eff8ea0.jpg

#28 baron-pierreIV

baron-pierreIV

Cauldron Lighter 20000 Club

• Premium Members
  • 38561 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:53 AM

Plenty of this please:

http://youtu.be/o7rPKT36mK4

Uhmmm...a black group singing about a debauched, degenrate monk in English for a Russian show? Probably not.

Nice song BUT same melody that goes on FOREVER. That's NOT what they feature at OCs. IOC would disapprove choice of music here.

Edited by baron-pierreIV, 10 August 2011 - 04:50 PM.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

"Secrets of the Olympic Ceremonies"

www.secretolympiceremony.com

Updated 2014 print edition (with section on Sochi) NOW available.  

Only (previous) 2011 edition available in eBook format which has only 15 images vs. 150+ images in print version.  (This is due to load limitations of an eBook format.)   

10% off via my website or www.createspace.com/3396522 using this discount code: 6Y79VJR7.

Cover_single_A2-1.jpg

#29 emre

emre

IOC president

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1736 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:12 AM

i wanna see real swans performing swan lake at sochi :unsure: :blink:

19t9ht.jpg

The Persian name was Dersaadet—Door to the Ultimate Happiness. The Greeks called it Teofilaktos—City Guarded by God; the Romans, Nuova Roma—New Rome; the Arabs, Farrouk—City Separating Two Continents; and the Ottoman Turks, Ummti-diinya—Mother of the World. Now, and since 1923 when the Turkish Republic formally renamed it, it is called Istanbul, meaning just The City—as though there were none other to compare.

#30 Vladislav Feoktistov

Vladislav Feoktistov

Silver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 06:40 AM

Posted Image
888 days 8 hours 8 minutes 8 seconds till Sochi 2014 by Vlad Feoktistov, on Flickr
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users