Ioc And Voting

Here's the member and here is their geopolitical most likely vote. So enough of voting blocs and other nonsense

Price Nawaf Faisal Fahd Abdulaziz - Saudi Arabia - Chicago

Tamas Ajan - Hungary - Chicago

Prince Ahmad Al-Fahad Al-Sabah - Kuwait - Chicago

Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein - UAE - Tokyo

Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani - Qatar - Chicago

Prince Albert II - Monaco - Rio de Janeiro

Shahid Ali - Pakistan - Chicago

Beatrice Allen - Gambia - Chicago

Thomas Bach - Germany - Rio de Janeiro

Patrick Baumann - Switzerland - Rio de Janeiro

Fernando Bello - Portugal - Rio de Janeiro

Sepp Blatter - Switzerland - Rio de Janeiro

Claudia Bokel - Germany - Rio de Janeiro

Valeri Borzov - Ukraine - Rio de Janeiro

Andres Botero Philippsbourne - Colombia - Chicago

Els van Breda Vriesman - Netherlands - Rio de Janeiro

Ukraine - Sergey bubka - Rio de Janeiro

Franco Carraro - Italy - Rio de Janeiro

Richard Carrion - Puerto Rico - Chicago

Patrick Chamunda - Zambia - Chicago

Chang Ung - Korea DPR - Madrid

Ottavio Cinguanta - Italy - Madrid

John Bowling Coastes - Australia - Rio de Janeiro

Philip Coles - Australia - Rio de Janeiro

Sir Philip Craven - Great Britain - Chicago

Manuela Di Centa - Italy - Rio de Janeiro

Lamine Diack - Senegal - Madrid

Alpha Ibrahim Diallo - Madrid

Ivan Dibos - Peru - Rio de Janeiro

Guy Drut - France - Madrid

Hicham El Guerrouj - Morocco - Madrid

Nawal El Moutawakei - Morocco - Rio de Janeiro

Fransisco Elizalde - Philippines - Chicago

Rania Elwani - Egypt - Chicago

Ugur Erdener - Turkey - Rio de Janeiro

Rene Fasel - Switzerland - Madrid

Timothy Fok - Hong Kong - Tokyo

Frankie Fredericks - Namibia - Chicago

Anton Geesink - Netherlands - Rio de Janeiro

Alex Gilady - Israel - Chicago

Reynaldo Gonzalez Lopez - Cuba - Rio de Janeiro

Kevan Gosper - Australia - Chicago

Issa Hayatou - Cameroon - Chicago

Ke Zhenliang - PR China - Rio de Janeiro

Gerhard Heiberg - Norway - Madrid

Henri, Grad Duke of Luxembourg - Luxembourgh - Madrid

Patrick Hickey - Ireland (the real one) - Chicago

Nicole L.M. Hoevertsz - Aruba - Chicago

Prince Tunku Imran - Malaysia - Tokyo

Willi Kaltschmitt Lujan - Guatemala - Rio de Janeiro

Gian-Franco Kasper - Switzerland - Rio de Janeiro

Nat Indrapana - Thailand - Tokyo

Kipchoge Keino - Kenya - Chicago

Toni Khoury - Lebanon - Tokyo

Jean-Calude Killy - France - Madrid

Saku Koivu - Finland - Chicago

Mustapha Larfaoui - Algeria - Rio de Janeiro

Lee Jun-Hee - Korea Republic - Madrid

Princess Nora - Liechtenstein - Madrid

Gunulla Lindberg - Sweden - Rio de Janeiro

Arne Ljungqvist - Sweden - Madrid

Julio Cesar Maglione - Rio de Janeiro

Robin Mitchell - Fiji - Tokyo

Dae Sung Moon - Kore Republic - Rio de Janeiro

Samin Moudallal - Syria - Rio de Janeiro

Mohammed Mzali - Tunisia - Rio de Janeiro

Ng Ser Miang - Singapore - Tokyo

Lambis Nikolau - Greece - Chicago

Francis Nyangweso - Uganda - Chicago

Will-Alexander, Prince of Orange - Netherlands - Madrid

Denis Oswald - Switzerland - Madrid

Lassana Palenfo - Cote d'Ivoire - Chicago

Mario Pescante - Italy - Madrid

Aleksandr Popov - Russia - Rio de Janeiro

Dick Pound - Canada - Tokyo

Sam Ramsamy - South Africa - Chicago

Sir Craig Reedie - Great Britain - Chicago

Francesco Ricci Bitti - Italy - Rio de Janeiro

Anne, Princess Royal - Great Britain - Chicago

Yumilka Ruiz Luaces - Cuba - Rio de Janeiro

Mounir Sabet - Egypt - Rio de Janeiro

Meliton Sanchez Rivas - Panama - Chicago

Pal Schmitt - Hungary - Madrid

Rebecca Scott - Canada - Chicago

Austin Sealy - Barbados - Chicago

Randhir Signh - India - Tokyo

Vitali Smirnov - Russia - Madrid

Rita Subowo - Indonesia - Tokyo

Irena Szewinska - Poland - Rio de Janeiro

Peter Taliberg - Finland - Madrid

Shamil Tarpishchev - Russia - Rio de Janeiro

Walther Troger - Germany - Rio de Janeiro

Mario Vazques Rana - Mexico - Madrid

Olegario Vazquez Rana - Mexico - Madrid

Antun Vrdoljak - Croatia - Rio de Janeiro

Leo Wallner - Austria - Rio de Janeiro

Pernilla Wiberg - Sweden - Rio de Janeiro

Wu Ching-Kou - Chinese Taipei - Tokyo

yu Zaiqing - PR China - Rio de Janeiro

Kan Zelezny - Czech Republic - Rio de Janeiro

So after Round One

Rio de Janeiro - 39

Chicago - 29

Madrid - 21

Tokyo - 11

I used geopolitics, the IOC member themselves, the date they joined the IOC, whether they were a former athlete and guess work to assign a city. I am actually interested in seeing how close my first round is to the actual first round. I am guessing it will be spot on on the order.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Faster, why did you assign Rio to Prince Albert? I mean what connections does he have with Rio? I might give that vote to Chicago because of his maternal connections. And Pescante has long wanted to give the Games back to the US. Recently he (or Cinquanta) publicly went on recrod that he wanted to give the Games back to the US for their big contributions to Olympism. So I would change those 2.

And the Taipeh guy, I don't know if he is the same one with the Boxing Federation, but the head of the Boxing Federation committed to CHicago after their last-minute fill-in last year for the World Championships.

For me, the only city that would not receive the vote from Prince Albert is Tokyo. He hates sushi... :lol:

Should those Japanese/Tokyo votes need a home in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th rounds:

237 Sushi Restaurants in the City of Chicago:

http://chicago.metromix.com/facets/home/ty...?keywords=sushi

or about 1 Sushi Restaurant for every 2.5 sq. km (608.1 sq km in the city) or 1 Sushi Restaurant for every 12,000 people (2.8 million)

:rolleyes:

CHItown '16

Once again, we could not do those kind of prediction. Each member has his own reason to vote for one city...

We do not know all what they have in mind, what are there background, of they already travel often to those cities, the place where their wifes want to do shopping or lie on the beach.....

Regarding the French members, from what i know from them (and had the opportunity to meet both several in the past), i am pretty sure they will not vote for Madrid... but their vote could be split between Rio & Chicago !

Oh, wow... so few votes for Tokyo in the first round? I really don't think so, it would be humiliating. I see Tokyo falling narrowly to the other contender but not with such a big difference. Either I can't see Rio leading the race with 10 votes more than Chicago in the first round. It will be tighter than this!!

Faster, why did you assign Rio to Prince Albert? I mean what connections does he have with Rio? I might give that vote to Chicago because of his maternal connections. And Pescante has long wanted to give the Games back to the US. Recently he (or Cinquanta) publicly went on recrod that he wanted to give the Games back to the US for their big contributions to Olympism. So I would change those 2.

Ramblings and scoop people :rolleyes:

Prince Albert's girl friend is...Charleen Widstock from South Africa! For sure, he will not vote for RIO, because CAP TOWN 2020!!! :lol:

Ramblings and scoop people :rolleyes:

Prince Albert's girl friend is...Charleen Widstock from South Africa! For sure, he will not vote for RIO, because CAP TOWN 2020!!! :lol:

Well, I tend to think that Prince Albert vote will be for Madrid, because he was hardly criticised when asking Madrid delegation in Singapore about terrorist issue... and just the day after a global issue of the world happened in the most unexpected place. Gossips in Spanishs newspapers were published that Prince Albert sent a letter apologising to the Zarzuela palace saying he was "in debt" with the city of Madrid with such an embarrasing question. True or false (maybe false), I'm sure he suddenly learnt that there are some questions that are simply stupid.

2nd place is quite unlikely.

I'd say Faster's list has a 10% margin of error. After all, it is one man's speculation.

On Fasters list Madrid nd Chicago are very close, realistic hypothesi?

Once again, we could not do those kind of prediction. Each member has his own reason to vote for one city...

We do not know all what they have in mind, what are there background, of they already travel often to those cities, the place where their wifes want to do shopping or lie on the beach.....

Regarding the French members, from what i know from them (and had the opportunity to meet both several in the past), i am pretty sure they will not vote for Madrid... but their vote could be split between Rio & Chicago !

The reason so many of the old guard European votes went to Madrid is so that Madrid is not embarrassed in the first round. That is why they have 21 votes. If I had bothered to do a second round a considerable number of those votes would shift to Rio and Chicago.

And it won't be a tight race, Rio is walking away with this. I have no doubt Rio is going to win.

The reason so many of the old guard European votes went to Madrid is so that Madrid is not embarrassed in the first round. That is why they have 21 votes. If I had bothered to do a second round a considerable number of those votes would shift to Rio and Chicago.

And it won't be a tight race, Rio is walking away with this. I have no doubt Rio is going to win.

I think Rio has a very good chance of leading the first round, but I think you might be getting a little ahead of yourself.

The first round may not be the tightest in history, but it will be close.

2012 had a very close first round -

London - 22

Paris - 21

Madrid - 20

New York - 19

Moscow - 15

I think Rio has a very good chance of leading the first round, but I think you might be getting a little ahead of yourself.

The first round may not be the tightest in history, but it will be close.

2012 had a very close first round -

London - 22

Paris - 21

Madrid - 20

New York - 19

Moscow - 15

So this is not 2012 and there is a clear favourite this time around. This is now Rio's race to lose, it is not a closely bunched pack, the desire to push the games to South America within Europe is far too strong to overcome now.

And if you have been paying attention to the inside information coming out, votes for Chicago have been shifting and this means that its not gonna be as tight as it would have been thought 6 months ago.

I am now not convinced that this will go the full three rounds.

So this is not 2012 and there is a clear favourite this time around. This is now Rio's race to lose, it is not a closely bunched pack, the desire to push the games to South America within Europe is far too strong to overcome now.

And if you have been paying attention to the inside information coming out, votes for Chicago have been shifting and this means that its not gonna be as tight as it would have been thought 6 months ago.

I am now not convinced that this will go the full three rounds.

I agree that this race is not as close as one might have thought, but I actually think it tighten up from here. The evaluation reports have not even come out yet, so I think your zealousness for Rio is a bit premature. But if Obama shows up in Copenhagen, all gloves are off between Rio and Chicago (it will be a fight).

Just think. This will be the ONLY opportunity the world has to vote for Obama. He drew 200,000 people in Germany. What other world leader has done that in recent memory?

Now, I don't want to put too much stock in Obama, but Chicago does have a very nice bid, and that should not be overlooked.

He has also been one of the most critical of the USOC and their unwillingness to lower their cut of IOC revenue.

Being openly critical but casting your secret ballot are two different things which are not mutually exclusive.

The Evaluation Report will sway a few analytically-minded 'not-sures' in the first round; and a leader's presence/pitch will clinch those wavering in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

It's either Chicago or Rio by 4-8 votes.

Archived