One Bidder Makes Deadline For 2016 Winter Youth Olympic Games
Lillehammer was the only candidate to submit a bid to the International Olympic Committee (IOC) for the 2016 Winter Youth Olympic Games by Thursday's deadline.
Lillehammer was host of the 1994 Winter Olympics, which The Associated Press reports is still regarded as among the most successful Winter Olympics.
The Youth Games features 1,000 athletes ages 14-18 competing in seven sports.
The IOC says an evaluation commission will analyze Lillehammer's bid before the host city for the 2016 Youth Games is announced by October 2011.
Innsbruck is hosting the first Winter Youth Olympics in 2012 and the first Summer Youth Games was held this year in Singapore.Write or read comments about this article
- French IOC Members Criticize Annecy 2018
- Norway's Parliament Lists Demands to IOC If Oslo 2022 Bid Is Approved
- Doping Trial Shouldn't Penalize Madrid 2020 - Bid Head
- USOC To Explore Potential 2024 Summer Games Bid
- Draft Commission Report Says Boston 2024 Bid Could Face Challenges