One Bidder Makes Deadline For 2016 Winter Youth Olympic Games
Lillehammer was the only candidate to submit a bid to the International Olympic Committee (IOC) for the 2016 Winter Youth Olympic Games by Thursday's deadline.
Lillehammer was host of the 1994 Winter Olympics, which The Associated Press reports is still regarded as among the most successful Winter Olympics.
The Youth Games features 1,000 athletes ages 14-18 competing in seven sports.
The IOC says an evaluation commission will analyze Lillehammer's bid before the host city for the 2016 Youth Games is announced by October 2011.
Innsbruck is hosting the first Winter Youth Olympics in 2012 and the first Summer Youth Games was held this year in Singapore.Write or read comments about this article
- PyeongChang 2018 Shares Experiences
- Beijing Launches Official 2022 Bid Website
- FILA Aims to Consolidate Wrestling Message With New International Ad Campaign
- Yang Ho Cho Appointed PyeongChang 2018 President
- Vancouver 2010 Chooses Ilanaaq For Official Emblem