Glasgow Bid For 2018 Youth Olympics To Move Forward
Glasgow is to submit a bid to the International Olympic Committee (IOC) next month for the 2018 Youth Olympic Games.
Glasgow City Council's Executive Committee heard Thursday from chief executive George Black who said the majority of the infrastructure required to host the Games will be in place by 2018 following the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games, including the Hydro Arena and the National Hockey Centre at Glasgow Green.
The two facilities which would be built are a BMX track and a diving pool.
Glasgow City Council will fund 30 per cent of the Games Delivery Budget, and the remainder will be funded by the Scottish Government.
There would be 28 sports at the 2018 Glasgow Youth Games.Write or read comments about this article
- French IOC Members Criticize Annecy 2018
- BidIndex: Tokyo Leads; Race Tightens as 2020 Olympic Bid Enters Final Week
- United States To Bid For 2024 Summer Olympic Games
- Toronto Should Bid For 2028 Olympics Instead Of 2024
- Reclusive Turkmenistan Opens Doors; Begins Construction of Olympic Dreams