World Championships Boost Poznan 2018 Youth Olympic Bid
Poznan, Poland's bid for the 2018 Youth Olympic Games will get a boost with the hosting of the world's elite canoeists competing during the ICF Canoe Polo World Championships being held at the Malta Regatta Course September 5-9.
Seven hundred competitors from 68 nations will take part in the event.
Poznan has also hosted four world-class international canoeing and rowing events between 2009 and 2012. Poznan was one of the host cities for the UEFA Euro 2012 and has hosted several other major international events.
Ryszard Grobleny, Mayor of Poznan said, "we are delighted to be hosting the ICF Canoe Polo World Championships and look forward to welcoming the best teams from around the world. We are keen to showcase our city as a premier destination for world class international events. From our successful involvement with the UEFA EURO 2012 and these World Championships we are determined to continue to bid for and deliver high class events".Write or read comments about this article
- Sochi 2014 Medals Presented At SportAccord
- BidIndex: Istanbul Maintains Narrow Lead in 2020 Olympic Bid Index
- New Wrestling Rules To Save Olympic Wrestling
- Ser Miang Ng Wants Games in Africa, Member Visits to Bid Cities Reviewed
- London Believes Istanbul Leading 2020 Olympic Bid Race