Dagestan Opts Out Of 2018 Youth Games Bid
Vedomesti reports that Dagestan, Russia is opting out of a bid for the 2018 Youth Olympic Games. The Russian Olympic Committee (ROC) and Russian President Dmitry Medvedev had planned to organize the Games in Kaspiysk (Dagestan), but no letter has been filed with the International Olympic Committee (IOC).
Due to the complicated domestic situation in Dagestan, and lack of necessary infrastructure, the bid to host the 2018 Youth Games was reportedly abandoned.
Vestnikkavkaza.net reports the country has no administrative and financial resources to host three international sports events simultaneously.
Sochi, Russia is hosting the 2014 Winter Olympic Games and Russia will host the 2018 FIFA World Cup.Write or read comments about this article
- PyeongChang 2018 Shares Experiences
- Sapporo Japan To Bid For 2026 Winter Olympics
- French IOC Members Criticize Annecy 2018
- Group Formed To Protest Boston 2024 Olympic Bid
- Only Twenty Per Cent Support Paris 2024 Bid