Dagestan Opts Out Of 2018 Youth Games Bid
Vedomesti reports that Dagestan, Russia is opting out of a bid for the 2018 Youth Olympic Games. The Russian Olympic Committee (ROC) and Russian President Dmitry Medvedev had planned to organize the Games in Kaspiysk (Dagestan), but no letter has been filed with the International Olympic Committee (IOC).
Due to the complicated domestic situation in Dagestan, and lack of necessary infrastructure, the bid to host the 2018 Youth Games was reportedly abandoned.
Vestnikkavkaza.net reports the country has no administrative and financial resources to host three international sports events simultaneously.
Sochi, Russia is hosting the 2014 Winter Olympic Games and Russia will host the 2018 FIFA World Cup.Write or read comments about this article
- Ching-Kuo Wu To Run For IOC Presidency
- Mario and Sonic To Compete At Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games Under Nintendo Flag
- Richard Carrion Announces His Candidacy For IOC President
- Olympic Champion Jennie Finch Urges Support For Softball
- BidIndex: Istanbul Maintains Narrow Lead in 2020 Olympic Bid Index