Rotterdam To Bid For 2018 Youth Games
Last year the Netherlands said it would explore a bid for the 2018 or 2022 Youth Olympic Games. It was announced Wednesday that Rotterdam will be a candidate for the 2018 Youth Olympic Games.
Councillor Antoinette Lann (sports and recreation, arts and culture), called it an honour for Rotterdam to bid for the Youth Olympic Games saying it would be an inspiration for young people across the Netherlands and beyond.
She added that hosting the 2018 Youth Games fits in with Rotterdam's ambition to be the sports city of the Netherlands.
A bid for the 2018 Youth Games will be submitted to the International Olympic Committee (IOC) by October 15, 2012. The IOC will announce a shortlist of candidates in January 2013 and will select the host city for the 2018 Youth Games in June 2013.Write or read comments about this article
- French IOC Members Criticize Annecy 2018
- Norway's Parliament Lists Demands to IOC If Oslo 2022 Bid Is Approved
- Draft Commission Report Says Boston 2024 Bid Could Face Challenges
- Government Approves Slovakia Budget For 2022 Winter Olympic Bid
- Beijing To Tackle Environmental Problems For 2022 Winter Olympic Bid