Rotterdam To Bid For 2018 Youth Games
Last year the Netherlands said it would explore a bid for the 2018 or 2022 Youth Olympic Games. It was announced Wednesday that Rotterdam will be a candidate for the 2018 Youth Olympic Games.
Councillor Antoinette Lann (sports and recreation, arts and culture), called it an honour for Rotterdam to bid for the Youth Olympic Games saying it would be an inspiration for young people across the Netherlands and beyond.
She added that hosting the 2018 Youth Games fits in with Rotterdam's ambition to be the sports city of the Netherlands.
A bid for the 2018 Youth Games will be submitted to the International Olympic Committee (IOC) by October 15, 2012. The IOC will announce a shortlist of candidates in January 2013 and will select the host city for the 2018 Youth Games in June 2013.Write or read comments about this article
- Mario and Sonic To Compete At Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games Under Nintendo Flag
- Richard Carrion Announces His Candidacy For IOC President
- Olympic Champion Jennie Finch Urges Support For Softball
- Yang Ho Cho Appointed Advisor for ITTF
- Ser Miang Ng Wants Games in Africa, Member Visits to Bid Cities Reviewed