Durban Asked To Bid For 2018 Youth Games
The SA Sports Confederation and Olympic Committee (Sascoc) has asked Durban to host the 2018 Youth Olympic Games.
Sascoc CEO Tubby Reddy said that in line with the vision driven by Sports Minister Fikile Mbalula, Sascoc believed that the 2018 Youth Olympics would be a catalyst to showcase the work being done in South Africa in terms of sports development, reports IOL. He wrote, "we are enquiring whether the city of Durban would be amenable to consider bidding to host this prestigious event...We would be happy to meet with your team and give a full explanation in order for you to make your final decision".
Reddy said the deadline to submit the name of South Africa's bid city was March 1, and urged the municipality to respond to the invitation "as soon as possible".Write or read comments about this article
- PyeongChang 2018 Shares Experiences
- Krakow 2022 Olympic Bid President Resigns Amid Alleged “Smear Campaign”
- Poland Has A Chance To Host 2022 Winter Games - Prime Minister
- San Diego Submits 2024 Summer Games Bid Proposal
- USOC Not Decided On 2024 Olympic Games Bid