Durban Asked To Bid For 2018 Youth Games
The SA Sports Confederation and Olympic Committee (Sascoc) has asked Durban to host the 2018 Youth Olympic Games.
Sascoc CEO Tubby Reddy said that in line with the vision driven by Sports Minister Fikile Mbalula, Sascoc believed that the 2018 Youth Olympics would be a catalyst to showcase the work being done in South Africa in terms of sports development, reports IOL. He wrote, "we are enquiring whether the city of Durban would be amenable to consider bidding to host this prestigious event...We would be happy to meet with your team and give a full explanation in order for you to make your final decision".
Reddy said the deadline to submit the name of South Africa's bid city was March 1, and urged the municipality to respond to the invitation "as soon as possible".Write or read comments about this article
- Hamburg Joins Berlin In Olympic Bid
- PyeongChang 2018 Shares Experiences
- Berlin To Unveil 2024 Games Bid
- Dubai Considers Bidding For Olympics Within Eight Years
- Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games Car Free – Delegate Impressed With Bid