Dagestan Wants To Bid For 2018 Youth Games
Dagestan filed a bid Tuesday to the Russian Olympic Committee to apply to host the 2018 Youth Olympic Games.
If Dagestan is successful, it would be the Russian applicant to host the Games.
Ahmed Bilalov, Vice President of the Olympic Committee, said that Dagestan has unique tourism opportunities. If Dagestan is not successful, it would try again in 2022.
Dagestan is the home of 16 Olympic champions, 40 world champions, and the North Caucasus is the home of 50 Olympic champions and 200 world champions in several sports.
The final day for submissions to the IOC to host the Youth Games is March 1, 2012 and the host city will be announced in June 2013.Write or read comments about this article
- Simple Majority Needed For German 2024 Olympic Bid
- PyeongChang 2018 Shares Experiences
- San Francisco Forms Committee For 2024 Summer Olympic Bid
- IOC Unveils New Strategic Roadmap; Host City Bid Reforms
- French IOC Members Criticize Annecy 2018