Singapore 2010 Presented With Special Olympic Flag
Singapore's Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loon received a specially-designed Olympic Flag for the inaugural Youth Games from International Olympic Committee (IOC) President Jacques Rogge on Friday.
The Prime Minister then gave the flag to Ng Ser Miang, Chairman of the Games organizing committee.
Channel News Asia reports the flag has the five Olympic rings and the words "Singapore 2010".
Prime Minister Lee was also conferred with the Gold Olympic Order for his role in world sport. The order is the supreme honour granted by the IOC to individuals.
Lee said it has been a challenge organizing the Games but it has given the country great satisfaction. He said the organizers spared no effort to ensure a successful and memorable Games.Write or read comments about this article
- French IOC Members Criticize Annecy 2018
- Norway's Parliament Lists Demands to IOC If Oslo 2022 Bid Is Approved
- Los Angeles Steps Up For 2024 Summer Games Bid
- Draft Commission Report Says Boston 2024 Bid Could Face Challenges
- Beijing To Tackle Environmental Problems For 2022 Winter Olympic Bid