Singapore 2010 Presented With Special Olympic Flag
Singapore's Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loon received a specially-designed Olympic Flag for the inaugural Youth Games from International Olympic Committee (IOC) President Jacques Rogge on Friday.
The Prime Minister then gave the flag to Ng Ser Miang, Chairman of the Games organizing committee.
Channel News Asia reports the flag has the five Olympic rings and the words "Singapore 2010".
Prime Minister Lee was also conferred with the Gold Olympic Order for his role in world sport. The order is the supreme honour granted by the IOC to individuals.
Lee said it has been a challenge organizing the Games but it has given the country great satisfaction. He said the organizers spared no effort to ensure a successful and memorable Games.Write or read comments about this article
- Istanbul 2020 Plays Role In Youth Day Celebrations
- Sochi 2014 Medals Presented At SportAccord
- New Wrestling Rules To Save Olympic Wrestling
- Ser Miang Ng Wants Games in Africa, Member Visits to Bid Cities Reviewed
- London Believes Istanbul Leading 2020 Olympic Bid Race