Sofia Out Of 2016 Youth Winter Games Bid
Reuters reports Sofia will not bid to host the 2016 Youth Olympic Games because of the country's inability to fulfill conditions set by the International Olympic Committee (IOC).
The Bulgarian Olympic Committee (BOC) issued a statement Tuesday saying "the Bulgarian Olympic Committee executive decided that the capital city of Sofia will not bid to host the Games in 2016".
According to Reuters, the BOC said it still hoped Sofia, which had two failed bids for the 1992 and 1994 Winter Olympic Games, would bid for the 2020 Youth Games.
In January 2009 IOC President Jacques Rogge met with Sofia Mayor Boyko Borisov in Sofia saying he was happy with the development of the infrastructure in Sofia.Write or read comments about this article
- French IOC Members Criticize Annecy 2018
- United States To Bid For 2024 Summer Olympic Games
- BidIndex: Tokyo Leads; Race Tightens as 2020 Olympic Bid Enters Final Week
- Toronto Should Bid For 2028 Olympics Instead Of 2024
- Reclusive Turkmenistan Opens Doors; Begins Construction of Olympic Dreams