Sofia Out Of 2016 Youth Winter Games Bid
Reuters reports Sofia will not bid to host the 2016 Youth Olympic Games because of the country's inability to fulfill conditions set by the International Olympic Committee (IOC).
The Bulgarian Olympic Committee (BOC) issued a statement Tuesday saying "the Bulgarian Olympic Committee executive decided that the capital city of Sofia will not bid to host the Games in 2016".
According to Reuters, the BOC said it still hoped Sofia, which had two failed bids for the 1992 and 1994 Winter Olympic Games, would bid for the 2020 Youth Games.
In January 2009 IOC President Jacques Rogge met with Sofia Mayor Boyko Borisov in Sofia saying he was happy with the development of the infrastructure in Sofia.Write or read comments about this article
- Oswald Fifth Candidate For IOC President
- GB2M Podcast Ep. 5 - Exclusive Interview with Sochi 2014 Olympic Organizing Committee President Dmitry Chernyshenko (Part 2)
- Mario and Sonic To Compete At Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games Under Nintendo Flag
- Glasgow Continues to Gain Support for 2018 Youth Olympic Games Bid
- Delhi To Bid For 2020 Summer Games