IOC Appoints 2012 Youth Games Evaluation Chair
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) announced Tuesday the appointment of Pernilla Wiberg, IOC member and IOC Athletes' Commission member, as the chairman of a seven-member Evaluation Commission to assess the projects put forward for the 1st Winter Youth Olympic Games (YOG) in 2012.
The four Candidate Cities shortlisted are Harbin, Innsbruck, Austria, Kuopio and Lillehammer.
As part of the candidature procedure the Candidate Cities will present their bids to the Evaluation Commission in September through a one-hour video conference call, which will be in two parts - a 15-20 minute verbal presentation by the city to present its bid, followed by a question and answer period.
The Evaluation Commission will submit a report to the IOC Executive Board and on the basis of the report the board will decide which shortlisted city will be selected to be submitted to a postal vote by all IOC members.
The host city for the 1st Winter Youth Olympic Games will take place in December 2008.Write or read comments about this article
- PyeongChang 2018 Shares Experiences
- Bach Sees Nanjing 2014 As Test For Future Olympic Bid Models
- London Defeats Doha to host 2017 World Athletics Championships
- FILA Aims to Consolidate Wrestling Message With New International Ad Campaign
- Vancouver 2010 Chooses Ilanaaq For Official Emblem