PyeongChang 2018 Olympic Bid Logo Unveiled
It got the approval of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) and now the new logo of PyeongChang 2018's Winter Olympic bid has been unveiled.
According to a press release the logo shows the "spectacular" winter scenery of PyeongChang with snow on the mountains. The dynamics of the Olympics and the challenge spirit to victory was represented by the "gushing" curve which implies the strong will to win the bid with the curve symbolizing a snowboard and slope of winter sports.
Bid logos are used in all aspects of promoting the bid and are often depicted on lapel pins that have become very popular items for collectors. Bid sponsors may also use the logo to enhance their brands.
The South Korean city is competing with Annecy, France and Munich, Germany to become the Olympic host - the decision will be made July 6, 2011.
All three cities will now participate in the Observers' Program at the 2010 Olympic Winter Games in Vancouver.
Write or read comments about this article
- French IOC Members Criticize Annecy 2018
- Norway's Parliament Lists Demands to IOC If Oslo 2022 Bid Is Approved
- Los Angeles Steps Up For 2024 Summer Games Bid
- Beijing To Tackle Environmental Problems For 2022 Winter Olympic Bid
- Draft Commission Report Says Boston 2024 Bid Could Face Challenges