Korean Government Supports PyeongChang's 2018 Bid
The National Government of Korea held the first government support work-level committee meeting for PyeongChang's 2018 Winter Olympic bid, which was presided over by Dae-gi Kim, Vice Minister of the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism.
They discussed how to support the bid in detail, recognizing that it is very essential to have the government's full support in preparing venues, establishing an athlete-centered transport system, and developing effective international campaigning.
Vice Minister Kim said, "hosting the Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games in 2018 is a national agenda which will contribute to enhance Korea's brand value. Therefore all the government agencies should build up a closer cooperation system and the government will stage an all-out campaign to support PyeongChang 2018".Write or read comments about this article
- French IOC Members Criticize Annecy 2018
- Norway's Parliament Lists Demands to IOC If Oslo 2022 Bid Is Approved
- Draft Commission Report Says Boston 2024 Bid Could Face Challenges
- Government Approves Slovakia Budget For 2022 Winter Olympic Bid
- Beijing To Tackle Environmental Problems For 2022 Winter Olympic Bid