Korean Government Supports PyeongChang's 2018 Bid
The National Government of Korea held the first government support work-level committee meeting for PyeongChang's 2018 Winter Olympic bid, which was presided over by Dae-gi Kim, Vice Minister of the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism.
They discussed how to support the bid in detail, recognizing that it is very essential to have the government's full support in preparing venues, establishing an athlete-centered transport system, and developing effective international campaigning.
Vice Minister Kim said, "hosting the Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games in 2018 is a national agenda which will contribute to enhance Korea's brand value. Therefore all the government agencies should build up a closer cooperation system and the government will stage an all-out campaign to support PyeongChang 2018".Write or read comments about this article
- PyeongChang 2018 Gets New Leader
- PyeongChang 2018 Shares Experiences
- Lima to Bid to Host 130th IOC Session in 2017
- IOC Takes Blame for Abandoned 2022 Olympic Bids
- London Defeats Doha to host 2017 World Athletics Championships