German Government Backs Munich 2018
The Associated Press reports the German government has reaffirmed that it is backing Munich's bid for the 2018 Winter Olympic Games, and said it will provide financial support if Munich wins the bid.
The Cabinet decided Wednesday that if Munich wins the bid, the federal government will take a major role in Munich's 2018 organizing committee and will help in financing projects such as the construction of venues and roads.
According to The Associated Press the government is ready to cover part of the deficit should the 2018 Games lose money.
Munich's competitors for the 2018 Games are Annecy and PyeongChang. The International Olympic Committee (IOC) will select the 2018 host city on July 6, 2011.Write or read comments about this article
- Joint Norway-Sweden 2026 Olympic Bid Suggested
- PyeongChang 2018 Shares Experiences
- Should Queenstown Bid For 2026 Winter Olympics?
- Sweden Regrets Withdrawing 2022 Winter Olympic Bid
- Tokyo 2020 Bid Is "Very Healthy"