Munich 2018 Names Bogner Head
Willy Bogner, two-time Olympic skier, has been named head of Munich's bid for the 2018 Winter Olympic Games. He will assume the role on November 15 until the final election in July 2011.
After competing, Bogner became a movie-maker and directed and filmed skiing scenes in four James Bond movies such as "A View to a Kill" in 1985 - as well as movies from several Winter Games. With his own production company he produced more than 30 films.
He was responsible for some film scenes used in Sochi's successful 2014 bid.
The Munich-born entrepreneur also runs a successful sports fashion business and has been outfitting German Olympic teams for several years - including the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Games.
"As winter sports have always been closely linked in Munich, I am happy to use my strength and my ability to ensure that Munich will win the bid to host the Olympic Winter Games in 2018", Bogner said.
- PyeongChang 2018 Shares Experiences
- Bach Sees Nanjing 2014 As Test For Future Olympic Bid Models
- London Defeats Doha to host 2017 World Athletics Championships
- FILA Aims to Consolidate Wrestling Message With New International Ad Campaign
- Vancouver 2010 Chooses Ilanaaq For Official Emblem