Nationwide Munich 2018 Logo Vote Begins
All Germans have been invited to participate in the selection of Munich's logo in its bid for the 2018 Winter Olympic and Paralympic Games by voting on www.muenchen2018.org starting July 31 to August 21, 2009.
Richard Adam, manager of Munich 2018, said the bid committee wants the entire population of Germany to participate in the vote, which will decide on the winning Munich 2018 logo.
The three short-listed logos appear on the Munich 2018 website. All three are introduced by a short description and a video.
A jury of experts selected the three logos from 20 designs submitted. Ten agencies with expertise in the area of corporate design were invited to submit two designs each. From the 20 designs an 18-member jury selected the three finalists.
Adam said the bid committee was pleased it's received so many magnificent and different suggestions and said the jury had a difficult time selecting the winning entries.
More information is available on the Munich 2018 website.Write or read comments about this article
- French IOC Members Criticize Annecy 2018
- Norway's Parliament Lists Demands to IOC If Oslo 2022 Bid Is Approved
- Los Angeles Steps Up For 2024 Summer Games Bid
- Beijing To Tackle Environmental Problems For 2022 Winter Olympic Bid
- Draft Commission Report Says Boston 2024 Bid Could Face Challenges