Winter Olympic Bids
According to a poll commissioned by daily Aftenposten and conducted December 13 to 18, as to whether Oslo should bid for the 2022 Winter Olympic
International Business Times reports that China's government is working on having Beijing and the Chinese city of Zhangjiakou, about 124 miles northwest of Beijing, jointly ...
Oslo city officials agreed this week to hold a referendum on bidding for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games as part of a budget compromise. Carl ...
Governor Gary Herbert said Monday that Utah and Salt Lake City are "ready, willing and able" to host the 2026 Winter Olympic Games. Herbert said, ...
The Associated Press reports that Poland is considering a joint bid for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games, with its neighbour Slovakia. Prime Minister Donald Tusk ...
Poland and Slovakia have joined forces in a bid for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games. Documentation on the proposals have been submitted to Poland's Minister ...
Following Lviv's announcement to bid for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games, Ukraine National Olympic Committee President Sergey Bubka, speaking at the third Ukraine Sport Congress ...
The Utah Olympic Exploratory Committee recommended Thursday in a report to Gov. Gary Herbert and Salt Lake City Mayor Ralph Becker that Salt Lake City ...
The city of Lviv in the Ukraine is set to bid for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games following an endorsement by Deputy Prime Minister and ...
Ukraine has approved a preliminary feasibility study on a 2022 Winter Olympic bid to be submitted by the State Agency for Investment and National Projects. ...
- Almaty 2022 Says Bid Is On Track
- Krakow 2022 Gets New Bid Leader
- Krakow 2022 Olympic Bid President Resigns Amid Alleged “Smear Campaign”
- Ukraine's Lviv 2022 Olympic Bid Put "On Hold" Pending Meeting With IOC
- Survey Shows Less Support For Oslo 2022 Olympic Bid
- Referendum On Krakow 2022 Olympic Bid
- Russia's Zhukov Chosen to Chair 2022 Olympic Winter Games Bid Evaluation Commission
- 2022 Olympic Winter Games Could Be Staged in 2023 Due to FIFA Conflict
- Krakow Mayor Wants Referendum On 2022 Winter Games
- Krakow 2022 Olympic Bid Sustainable Yet Fragmented: IOC Application
- Abuja 2018 Needs Millions
- Annecy, Munich React To PyeongChang's Victory
- PyeongChang Mayor Signs Host City Agreement
- Kim's rough road from an idea to an Olympic Games
- 63 Votes for PyeongChang: Official Ballot Count for 2018 Olympic Winter Games Bid
- Third-time lucky: PyeongChang Wins 2018 Olympic Bid
- A First Round Victory Declared in 2018 Olympic Bid Race
- Olympic Bid presentations are complete; PyeongChang nails it
- Olympic bid schedule in Durban
- Olympic Bid Magic Number is 48; The Numbers Game
- Summary of Annecy 2018 Final Presentation to the IOC
- Annecy 2018 CEO denies controversial remarks were made about bid competitors
- Prime Minister Replaces President Sarkozy In Annecy 2018 Delegation
- Annecy will fight for 2018 Games while President Sarkozy stays home
- Latest Annecy 2018 Poll Doesn't Concern Bid Leader
- New Poll Shows Waning Support in Annecy for 2018 Olympic Bid
- Annecy 2018 Gets Support From The Mountains
- Annecy 2018 Poll Shows Higher Support
- Beigbeder Defends Annecy 2018 Finances, Denies Claims
- Annecy 2018 Needs More Funding
- Munich 2018 declares PyeongChang victory "a vote for the Asian continent"
- Summary of Munich 2018 Presentation to the IOC
- Munich 2018 "Fan Flight" Lands As Germany's President Arrives
- Star Footballer Beckenbauer will join Munich 2018 Delegation in Durban
- German Chancellor Urges IOC To Vote For Munich 2018
- Munich 2018 Gets Strong Support On Flight To IOC Decision
- "Carbon-Neutral" Munich 2018 Games
- Munich 2018 Claims "No Issue" in Trademark "Logo Controversy"
- Munich Plans Celebration For 2018 Host City Announcement
- Munich 2018 Pledges To Help Olympic Movement
- PyeongChang 2018 Handover Ceremony Features "A Journey Together"
- PyeongChang 2018 Paralympic Emblem Unveiled
- IOC Praises PyeongChang 2018 Following Inspection
- PyeongChang 2018 Praised
- Problems With PyeongChang 2018 Preparations Addressed
- Summary of PyeongChang 2018 Final Presentation to the IOC
- Yuna Kim skates in Durban with local athletes in support of PyeongChang 2018
- "We believe in the phrase third-time lucky": Korean Sports Minister
- PyeongChang 2018 Delegation Off To Durban For IOC Vote
- PyeongChang 2018 Revs Up Bid
- Poland Has A Chance To Host 2022 Winter Games - Prime Minister
- Oslo 2022 Needs More Public Support - Officials
- Government Approves Slovakia Budget For 2022 Winter Olympic Bid
- Zhangjiakou Wants 2022 Winter Bid With Beijing
- Oslo 2022 Olympic Bid Shouldn't Be Approved - New Poll
- Stockholm Opts Out Of 2022 Winter Olympic Bid
- Lviv City Council Approves 2022 Winter Bid
- Six Cities Meet IOC Deadline For 2022 Winter Olympic Games
- Ukraine Submits Bid For 2022 Winter Games At Deadline
- Oslo Bids For 2022 Winter Olympics
Winter Olympic Bids Logo
Winter Olympic Bids Summary
|Bid Status:||Applicant files due March 14, 2014|
|Bid Date:||July 31, 2015|
|Bid Location:||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Description:||Almaty, Beijng, Krakow, Lviv, Oslo and Stockholm are bidding|
|Bid Book:||Link To Bid Book|
Winter Olympic Bids Dates and More
|Bid Discussion Forums|
|July 25, 2012||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia chosen to host final vote|
|October 23, 2012||First information to all NOCs|
|July - Aug. 2013||IOC to officially invite bid applicants from NOCs.|
|Nov. 14, 2013||Application Deadline|
|Dec. 4-6 2013||Applicant City Seminar|
|March 14, 2014||Application Files Due|
|July 2014||Candidate City Selection|
|July-Dec 2014||Prepare Bid Books|
|January 2015||Submission of candidature files and guarantees|
|Feb to March, 2015||Evaluation Commission Visits|
|May 10, 2015||Evaluation report released|
|May 2015||Bid Presentations to IOC in Lausanne|
|July 31, 2015||Winner Announced at 127th IOC Session - Kuala Lumpur, Malysia|