Poll: Olympic Sport Program
Which sport would you like the IOC to add to the 2020 Olympic Programme
Winter Olympic Bids
Durban, South Africa -[Following is an unedited synopsis of the PyeongChang 2018 Presentation] PyeongChang was the final presentation of the day to the IOC.It was led off
Durban, South Africa -[Following is an unedited synopsis of the Annecy 2018 Presentation]The Annecy 2018 presentation was the second to the IOC on Wednesday.Guy Drut, ...
Durban, South Africa - [The following is a rough unedited synopsis from the Munich 2018 presentation]The Munich presentation led off the day.The pitch opened with ...
The 2018 Olympic Winter Games bid election will take place at Durban's International Convention Centre (ICC) Wednesday. The IOC will be producing a live, high-definition ...
Durban, South Africa - There will be about 94 votes cast on the first ballot of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) election of the host ...
Durban, South Africa – On the first full day that most International Olympic Committee (IOC) members are in Durban for the IOC Session and 2018 ...
Horst Seehofer, Prime Minister of Bavaria, was one of the passengers on Munich 2018's Fan Flight that landed in Durban, South Africa Tuesday along with ...
Durban, South Africa - PyeongChang, South Korea has twice consecutively lost Olympic bids by just a few votes, but the team is feeling confident that ...
Durban, South Africa - Annecy 2018 Bid Chief Charles Beigbeder fended off questions from reporters Monday about controversial remarks he made to AFP a day ...
Durban, South Africa - For the second straight day Munich’s 2018 Olympic bid team needed a shoe horn to pack in all of the photographers and ...
- Summary of Annecy 2018 Final Presentation to the IOC
- Annecy 2018 CEO denies controversial remarks were made about bid competitors
- Prime Minister Replaces President Sarkozy In Annecy 2018 Delegation
- Annecy will fight for 2018 Games while President Sarkozy stays home
- Latest Annecy 2018 Poll Doesn't Concern Bid Leader
- New Poll Shows Waning Support in Annecy for 2018 Olympic Bid
- Annecy 2018 Gets Support From The Mountains
- Annecy 2018 Poll Shows Higher Support
- Beigbeder Defends Annecy 2018 Finances, Denies Claims
- Annecy 2018 Needs More Funding
- Munich 2018 declares PyeongChang victory "a vote for the Asian continent"
- Summary of Munich 2018 Presentation to the IOC
- Munich 2018 "Fan Flight" Lands As Germany's President Arrives
- Star Footballer Beckenbauer will join Munich 2018 Delegation in Durban
- German Chancellor Urges IOC To Vote For Munich 2018
- Munich 2018 Gets Strong Support On Flight To IOC Decision
- "Carbon-Neutral" Munich 2018 Games
- Munich 2018 Claims "No Issue" in Trademark "Logo Controversy"
- Munich Plans Celebration For 2018 Host City Announcement
- Munich 2018 Pledges To Help Olympic Movement
- PyeongChang 2018 Praised
- Problems With PyeongChang 2018 Preparations Addressed
- Summary of PyeongChang 2018 Final Presentation to the IOC
- Yuna Kim skates in Durban with local athletes in support of PyeongChang 2018
- "We believe in the phrase third-time lucky": Korean Sports Minister
- PyeongChang 2018 Delegation Off To Durban For IOC Vote
- PyeongChang 2018 Revs Up Bid
- PyeongChang 2018 Sponsor Launches Campaign
- PyeongChang 2018 Not Front-runner - South Korean Sports Official
- PyeongChang 2018 Reaffirms Commitment To IPC
- Abuja 2018 Needs Millions
- Annecy, Munich React To PyeongChang's Victory
- PyeongChang Mayor Signs Host City Agreement
- Kim's rough road from an idea to an Olympic Games
- 63 Votes for PyeongChang: Official Ballot Count for 2018 Olympic Winter Games Bid
- Third-time lucky: PyeongChang Wins 2018 Olympic Bid
- A First Round Victory Declared in 2018 Olympic Bid Race
- Olympic Bid presentations are complete; PyeongChang nails it
- Olympic bid schedule in Durban
- Olympic Bid Magic Number is 48; The Numbers Game
- Opposition To Oslo 2022 Winter Games Bid
- Majority Favours Oslo 2022 Winter Olympic Bid
- Slovakia Officially Joins Poland In 2022 Olympic Bid
- Davos-St. Moritz 2022 Winter Bid Referendum Defeated
- St. Moritz, Davos Referendum On 2022 Winter Olympics
- Ukraine Contemplates Joint Bid For 2022 Winter Games
- Slovakia Supports Joint 2022 Winter Bid With Poland
- President Backs Poland's 2022 Winter Olympic Bid
- Oslo 2022 Winter Bid Loses Support
- China Considers Beijing For Joint 2022 Olympic Winter Games Bid
Winter Olympic Bids Logo
Winter Olympic Bids Summary
Winter Olympic Bids Dates and More
|Bid Discussion Forums|
|Aug. 7, 2008||Durban, South Africa chosen to host final vote|
|Sept. 24, 2009||France declares intention to bid|
|March 18, 2009||France nominates Annecy|
|Feb. 2009||First information to all NOCs|
|July - Aug. 2009||IOC to officially invite bid applicants from NOCs.|
|Oct. 15, 2009||Application Deadline|
|Dec. 2009||Applicant City Seminar|
|March 15, 2010||Application Files Due|
|End-June 2010||Candidate City Selection|
|July-Dec 2010||Prepare Bid Books|
|Jan. 11, 2011||Submission of candidature files and guarantees|
|Feb. 9-12, 2011||Evaluation Commission site visit to Annecy|
|Feb. 16-20, 2011||Evaluation Commission site visit to PyeongChang|
|March 1-4, 2011||Evaluation Commission site visit to Munich|
|May 10, 2011||Evaluation report released|
|May 18, 2011||Bid Presentations to IOC in Lausanne|
|July 6, 2011||Winner Announced at 123rd IOC Session - Durban, South Africa|