Winter Olympic Bids
Kazakhstan has officially filed an application to host the 2022 Winter Olympic Games in Almaty. A decision on Almaty's bid was made Thursday at the
A committee is looking into whether Anchorage, Alaska's largest city, should consider bidding for the 2026 Winter Olympic Games. Emeritus member Rick Nerland, a key ...
Barcelona Spain recently formalized a bid for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games, 21 years after it hosted the Summer Olympics. According to the Spanish Publication ...
The city of Anchorage, Alaska has formed an exploratory committee to decide whether it should bid for the 2026 Winter Olympic Games. The 23-member committee ...
A poll published in the Norwegian daily Klassekampen Thursday showed that almost half of Oslo residents are opposed to the city bidding for the 2022 ...
The City of Oslo and the Norwegian Olympic and Paralympic Committee and Confederation of Sports have presented an application to the Ministry of Culture for ...
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) Coordination Commission for the PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympic Games ended its second visit to the city Wednesday, and praised the ...
Ukrainian Radio reported Tuesday that Deputy Prime Minister Oleksandr Vilkul is asking officials in the regions of Ivano-Frankivsk, Zakarpattia, Lviv and Chernivtsi to prepare bids for the 2022 ...
Stefan Linderberg, head of the Swedish National Olympic Committee, told TT news agency that there is popular support for a 2022 Winter Olympic Games bid ...
On Thursday the International Olympic Committee (IOC) launched the site selection process to cities wishing to bid for either the 2022 Olympic Winter Games or ...
- Norway's Parliament Lists Demands to IOC If Oslo 2022 Bid Is Approved
- Almaty 2022 Won't Overspend
- Too Early To Talk About Lviv 2022 Olympic Bid Despite Violence In Ukraine - IOC
- Lviv's Bid For 2022 Winter Games Won't Be Derailed
- Oslo Safe Place For 2022 Winter Games - Official
- Oslo 2022 Reveals Olympic Bid Logo and Identity
- Oslo 2022 - No Major Weaknesses
- Consultants React to Changing Olympic Bid Landscape; JTA Shifts Focus to ANOC
- Six 2022 Olympic Bid Cities Gain Insight At IOC Seminar
- Abuja 2018 Needs Millions
- Annecy, Munich React To PyeongChang's Victory
- PyeongChang Mayor Signs Host City Agreement
- Kim's rough road from an idea to an Olympic Games
- 63 Votes for PyeongChang: Official Ballot Count for 2018 Olympic Winter Games Bid
- Third-time lucky: PyeongChang Wins 2018 Olympic Bid
- A First Round Victory Declared in 2018 Olympic Bid Race
- Olympic Bid presentations are complete; PyeongChang nails it
- Olympic bid schedule in Durban
- Olympic Bid Magic Number is 48; The Numbers Game
- Summary of Annecy 2018 Final Presentation to the IOC
- Annecy 2018 CEO denies controversial remarks were made about bid competitors
- Prime Minister Replaces President Sarkozy In Annecy 2018 Delegation
- Annecy will fight for 2018 Games while President Sarkozy stays home
- Latest Annecy 2018 Poll Doesn't Concern Bid Leader
- New Poll Shows Waning Support in Annecy for 2018 Olympic Bid
- Annecy 2018 Gets Support From The Mountains
- Annecy 2018 Poll Shows Higher Support
- Beigbeder Defends Annecy 2018 Finances, Denies Claims
- Annecy 2018 Needs More Funding
- Munich 2018 declares PyeongChang victory "a vote for the Asian continent"
- Summary of Munich 2018 Presentation to the IOC
- Munich 2018 "Fan Flight" Lands As Germany's President Arrives
- Star Footballer Beckenbauer will join Munich 2018 Delegation in Durban
- German Chancellor Urges IOC To Vote For Munich 2018
- Munich 2018 Gets Strong Support On Flight To IOC Decision
- "Carbon-Neutral" Munich 2018 Games
- Munich 2018 Claims "No Issue" in Trademark "Logo Controversy"
- Munich Plans Celebration For 2018 Host City Announcement
- Munich 2018 Pledges To Help Olympic Movement
- PyeongChang 2018 Handover Ceremony Features "A Journey Together"
- PyeongChang 2018 Paralympic Emblem Unveiled
- IOC Praises PyeongChang 2018 Following Inspection
- PyeongChang 2018 Praised
- Problems With PyeongChang 2018 Preparations Addressed
- Summary of PyeongChang 2018 Final Presentation to the IOC
- Yuna Kim skates in Durban with local athletes in support of PyeongChang 2018
- "We believe in the phrase third-time lucky": Korean Sports Minister
- PyeongChang 2018 Delegation Off To Durban For IOC Vote
- PyeongChang 2018 Revs Up Bid
- Oslo 2022 Needs More Public Support - Officials
- Government Approves Slovakia Budget For 2022 Winter Olympic Bid
- Zhangjiakou Wants 2022 Winter Bid With Beijing
- Oslo 2022 Olympic Bid Shouldn't Be Approved - New Poll
- Stockholm Opts Out Of 2022 Winter Olympic Bid
- Lviv City Council Approves 2022 Winter Bid
- Six Cities Meet IOC Deadline For 2022 Winter Olympic Games
- Ukraine Submits Bid For 2022 Winter Games At Deadline
- Oslo Bids For 2022 Winter Olympics
- Stockholm Bids For 2022 Winter Olympic Games
Winter Olympic Bids Logo
Winter Olympic Bids Summary
|Bid Status:||Applicant files due March 14, 2014|
|Bid Date:||July 31, 2015|
|Bid Location:||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Description:||Almaty, Beijng, Krakow, Lviv, Oslo and Stockholm are bidding|
|Bid Book:||Link To Bid Book|
Winter Olympic Bids Dates and More
|Bid Discussion Forums|
|July 25, 2012||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia chosen to host final vote|
|October 23, 2012||First information to all NOCs|
|July - Aug. 2013||IOC to officially invite bid applicants from NOCs.|
|Nov. 14, 2013||Application Deadline|
|Dec. 4-6 2013||Applicant City Seminar|
|March 14, 2014||Application Files Due|
|July 2014||Candidate City Selection|
|July-Dec 2014||Prepare Bid Books|
|January 2015||Submission of candidature files and guarantees|
|Feb to March, 2015||Evaluation Commission Visits|
|May 10, 2015||Evaluation report released|
|May 2015||Bid Presentations to IOC in Lausanne|
|July 31, 2015||Winner Announced at 127th IOC Session - Kuala Lumpur, Malysia|