Winter Olympic Bids
Voters in the Swiss canton of Graubuenden, where St. Moritz and Davos are located, will be voting in a referendum Sunday on whether to support
Ria Novosti reports that Ukraine may put in a joint bid for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games with neighbours Poland and Slovakia, President Viktor Yanukovych ...
Reuters reports Slovak Prime Minister Robert Fico said Thursday that Slovakia would support a joint bid with Poland for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games. Fico ...
Saying that "work has to start right away", Poland's President Bronislaw Komorowski has backed Poland's bid for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games. He added, "if ...
According to a poll commissioned by daily Aftenposten and conducted December 13 to 18, as to whether Oslo should bid for the 2022 Winter Olympic ...
International Business Times reports that China's government is working on having Beijing and the Chinese city of Zhangjiakou, about 124 miles northwest of Beijing, jointly ...
Oslo city officials agreed this week to hold a referendum on bidding for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games as part of a budget compromise. Carl ...
Governor Gary Herbert said Monday that Utah and Salt Lake City are "ready, willing and able" to host the 2026 Winter Olympic Games. Herbert said, ...
The Associated Press reports that Poland is considering a joint bid for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games, with its neighbour Slovakia. Prime Minister Donald Tusk ...
Poland and Slovakia have joined forces in a bid for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games. Documentation on the proposals have been submitted to Poland's Minister ...
- Abuja 2018 Needs Millions
- Annecy, Munich React To PyeongChang's Victory
- PyeongChang Mayor Signs Host City Agreement
- Kim's rough road from an idea to an Olympic Games
- 63 Votes for PyeongChang: Official Ballot Count for 2018 Olympic Winter Games Bid
- Third-time lucky: PyeongChang Wins 2018 Olympic Bid
- A First Round Victory Declared in 2018 Olympic Bid Race
- Olympic Bid presentations are complete; PyeongChang nails it
- Olympic bid schedule in Durban
- Olympic Bid Magic Number is 48; The Numbers Game
- Summary of Annecy 2018 Final Presentation to the IOC
- Annecy 2018 CEO denies controversial remarks were made about bid competitors
- Prime Minister Replaces President Sarkozy In Annecy 2018 Delegation
- Annecy will fight for 2018 Games while President Sarkozy stays home
- Latest Annecy 2018 Poll Doesn't Concern Bid Leader
- New Poll Shows Waning Support in Annecy for 2018 Olympic Bid
- Annecy 2018 Gets Support From The Mountains
- Annecy 2018 Poll Shows Higher Support
- Beigbeder Defends Annecy 2018 Finances, Denies Claims
- Annecy 2018 Needs More Funding
- Munich 2018 declares PyeongChang victory "a vote for the Asian continent"
- Summary of Munich 2018 Presentation to the IOC
- Munich 2018 "Fan Flight" Lands As Germany's President Arrives
- Star Footballer Beckenbauer will join Munich 2018 Delegation in Durban
- German Chancellor Urges IOC To Vote For Munich 2018
- Munich 2018 Gets Strong Support On Flight To IOC Decision
- "Carbon-Neutral" Munich 2018 Games
- Munich 2018 Claims "No Issue" in Trademark "Logo Controversy"
- Munich Plans Celebration For 2018 Host City Announcement
- Munich 2018 Pledges To Help Olympic Movement
- PyeongChang 2018 Paralympic Emblem Unveiled
- IOC Praises PyeongChang 2018 Following Inspection
- PyeongChang 2018 Praised
- Problems With PyeongChang 2018 Preparations Addressed
- Summary of PyeongChang 2018 Final Presentation to the IOC
- Yuna Kim skates in Durban with local athletes in support of PyeongChang 2018
- "We believe in the phrase third-time lucky": Korean Sports Minister
- PyeongChang 2018 Delegation Off To Durban For IOC Vote
- PyeongChang 2018 Revs Up Bid
- PyeongChang 2018 Sponsor Launches Campaign
- Six Cities Meet IOC Deadline For 2022 Winter Olympic Games
- Ukraine Submits Bid For 2022 Winter Games At Deadline
- Oslo Bids For 2022 Winter Olympics
- Stockholm Bids For 2022 Winter Olympic Games
- Voters Veto Munich 2022 Winter Bid
- Poland Launches Joint Bid With Slovakia For 2022 Winter Olympics
- Lviv Officially Bids For 2022 Winter Olympics
- A Joint Beijing/Zhangjiakou, Bid For 2022 Winter Games
- Slovak Report On Joint 2022 Winter Bid
- Lviv In Favour Of 2022 Winter Olympic Bid
Winter Olympic Bids Logo
Winter Olympic Bids Summary
|Bid Status:||Applicant files due March 14, 2014|
|Bid Date:||July 31, 2015|
|Bid Location:||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Description:||Almaty, Beijng, Krakow, Lviv, Oslo and Stockholm are bidding|
|Bid Book:||Link To Bid Book|
Winter Olympic Bids Dates and More
|Bid Discussion Forums|
|July 25, 2012||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia chosen to host final vote|
|October 23, 2012||First information to all NOCs|
|July - Aug. 2013||IOC to officially invite bid applicants from NOCs.|
|Nov. 14, 2013||Application Deadline|
|Dec. 4-6 2013||Applicant City Seminar|
|March 14, 2014||Application Files Due|
|July 2014||Candidate City Selection|
|July-Dec 2014||Prepare Bid Books|
|January 2015||Submission of candidature files and guarantees|
|Feb to March, 2015||Evaluation Commission Visits|
|May 10, 2015||Evaluation report released|
|May 2015||Bid Presentations to IOC in Lausanne|
|July 31, 2015||Winner Announced at 127th IOC Session - Kuala Lumpur, Malysia|