Winter Olympic Bids
On Thursday, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) met virtually with the five 2022 Olympic bid applicant cities to review the questionnaire responses they submitted in
Oslo's bid for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games received a blow Sunday as one of the two Norwegian government parties voted against the bid, announcing ...
A survey carried out April 28 by the Homo Homini Institute with 1100 people being interviewed shows that 31 per cent of respondents nationwide were ...
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) is on a three-day visit to PyeongChang to assess the progress PyeongChang has made ahead of the 2018 Winter Olympic ...
The Almaty 2022 bid committee presented the bid's current status and the work done in the last months to the stakeholders of Almaty's bid for ...
Krakow's bid for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games now has a new leader. Krakow's deputy mayor Magdalena Sroka was chosen during an extraordinary meeting ...
Poland's Prime Minister Donald Tusk said Sunday that Poland still has a chance to play host to the 2022 Winter Olympic Games despite the resignation ...
Krakow’s bid to host the 2022 Olympic Winter Games was shaken Saturday with the resignation of its dynamic President Jagna Marczułajtis-Walczak and a flurry of ...
Reuters reports that Lviv 2022, the Olympic Winter Games bid from Ukraine, will be put “on hold” at least until after scheduled May 25 presidential ...
According to 1,000 people surveyed nationwide by Sentio Research conducted between March 24 and 28, dpa reports that 59.2 per cent of those polled were ...
- Almaty 2022 Calls Bid Compact And Affordable
- Beijing Presents Its 2022 Olympic Bid To ANOC
- Beijing 2022 Releases Promo, Opens Twitter , Facebook Accounts
- Beijing 2022 Looks For Bid Slogan
- Kazakhstan Wants Investors To Partially Fund Almaty 2022
- Norway, IOC To Analyze Oslo's Bid Demise
- IOC statement from Christophe Dubi, IOC Executive Director of the Olympic Games
- IOC Won't Reopen 2022 Bidding Process
- IOC Loses Another Candidate as Oslo's 2022 bid is Crushed
- Oslo Drops 2022 Olympic Winter Games Bid
- PyeongChang 2018 Gets New Leader
- PyeongChang 2018 Head Resigns
- IOC Pleased With PyeongChang 2018 Progress
- Abuja 2018 Needs Millions
- Annecy, Munich React To PyeongChang's Victory
- PyeongChang Mayor Signs Host City Agreement
- Kim's rough road from an idea to an Olympic Games
- 63 Votes for PyeongChang: Official Ballot Count for 2018 Olympic Winter Games Bid
- Third-time lucky: PyeongChang Wins 2018 Olympic Bid
- A First Round Victory Declared in 2018 Olympic Bid Race
- Summary of Annecy 2018 Final Presentation to the IOC
- Annecy 2018 CEO denies controversial remarks were made about bid competitors
- Prime Minister Replaces President Sarkozy In Annecy 2018 Delegation
- Annecy will fight for 2018 Games while President Sarkozy stays home
- Latest Annecy 2018 Poll Doesn't Concern Bid Leader
- New Poll Shows Waning Support in Annecy for 2018 Olympic Bid
- Annecy 2018 Gets Support From The Mountains
- Annecy 2018 Poll Shows Higher Support
- Beigbeder Defends Annecy 2018 Finances, Denies Claims
- Annecy 2018 Needs More Funding
- Munich 2018 declares PyeongChang victory "a vote for the Asian continent"
- Summary of Munich 2018 Presentation to the IOC
- Munich 2018 "Fan Flight" Lands As Germany's President Arrives
- Star Footballer Beckenbauer will join Munich 2018 Delegation in Durban
- German Chancellor Urges IOC To Vote For Munich 2018
- Munich 2018 Gets Strong Support On Flight To IOC Decision
- "Carbon-Neutral" Munich 2018 Games
- Munich 2018 Claims "No Issue" in Trademark "Logo Controversy"
- Munich Plans Celebration For 2018 Host City Announcement
- Munich 2018 Pledges To Help Olympic Movement
- New PyeongChang 2018 Head Begins Duties
- PyeongChang 2018 Handover Ceremony Features "A Journey Together"
- PyeongChang 2018 Paralympic Emblem Unveiled
- IOC Praises PyeongChang 2018 Following Inspection
- PyeongChang 2018 Praised
- Problems With PyeongChang 2018 Preparations Addressed
- Summary of PyeongChang 2018 Final Presentation to the IOC
- Yuna Kim skates in Durban with local athletes in support of PyeongChang 2018
- "We believe in the phrase third-time lucky": Korean Sports Minister
- PyeongChang 2018 Delegation Off To Durban For IOC Vote
- Joint Norway-Sweden 2026 Olympic Bid Suggested
- Should Queenstown Bid For 2026 Winter Olympics?
- Youth Supports Oslo 2022 Winter Olympic Bid
- Poland Has A Chance To Host 2022 Winter Games - Prime Minister
- Oslo 2022 Needs More Public Support - Officials
- Government Approves Slovakia Budget For 2022 Winter Olympic Bid
- Zhangjiakou Wants 2022 Winter Bid With Beijing
- Oslo 2022 Olympic Bid Shouldn't Be Approved - New Poll
- Stockholm Opts Out Of 2022 Winter Olympic Bid
- Lviv City Council Approves 2022 Winter Bid
Winter Olympic Bids Logo
Winter Olympic Bids Summary
Winter Olympic Bids Dates and More
|Bid Discussion Forums|
|July 25, 2012||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia chosen to host final vote|
|October 23, 2012||First information to all NOCs|
|July - Aug. 2013||IOC to officially invite bid applicants from NOCs.|
|Nov. 14, 2013||Application Deadline|
|Dec. 4-6 2013||Applicant City Seminar|
|March 14, 2014||Application Files Due|
|July 2014||Candidate City Selection|
|July-Dec 2014||Prepare Bid Books|
|January 2015||Submission of candidature files and guarantees|
|Feb to March, 2015||Evaluation Commission Visits|
|May 10, 2015||Evaluation report released|
|May 2015||Bid Presentations to IOC in Lausanne|
|July 31, 2015||Winner Announced at 127th IOC Session - Kuala Lumpur, Malysia|