Winter Olympic Bids
The Associated Press reports Lviv's city council has voted in favour of a proposed bid for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games. Lviv's Mayor Andriy Sadovyy
NOlympia, the group that is opposing Munich's bid for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games, has called for the disclosure of relevant documents ahead of a ...
The Associated Press reports that Barcelona mayor Xavier Trias said Friday that his city won't present a bid for the 2022 Winter Games and instead ...
Barcelona Mayor Xavier Trias told Cataluña Radio Thursday that Barcelona is not planning to bid for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games. The mayor said he ...
NOlympia, a group that has vowed to campaign against Munich's bid for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games, says it will do it in a business-like ...
Munich, Germany intends to bid for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games, but before a bid goes ahead, it's intentions must be supported by a referendum ...
Oslo voted in favour of bidding for the 2022 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games Monday. A referendum question that was included as part of the ...
Reports from Norway say that due to technical difficulties, the tabulations of votes from the Oslo 2022 Olympic bid referendum will be delayed until Tuesday.Before ...
Barcelona's Mayor Xavier Trias said in a radio interview Sunday that following Madrid's defeat in its bid for the 2020 Summer Olympic Games, Barcelona wants ...
Krakow Poland is ready to submit a bid for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games, according to an agreement reached by a Polish-Slovak committee at a ...
- Norway's Parliament Lists Demands to IOC If Oslo 2022 Bid Is Approved
- Almaty 2022 Won't Overspend
- Too Early To Talk About Lviv 2022 Olympic Bid Despite Violence In Ukraine - IOC
- Lviv's Bid For 2022 Winter Games Won't Be Derailed
- Oslo Safe Place For 2022 Winter Games - Official
- Oslo 2022 Reveals Olympic Bid Logo and Identity
- Oslo 2022 - No Major Weaknesses
- Consultants React to Changing Olympic Bid Landscape; JTA Shifts Focus to ANOC
- Six 2022 Olympic Bid Cities Gain Insight At IOC Seminar
- Abuja 2018 Needs Millions
- Annecy, Munich React To PyeongChang's Victory
- PyeongChang Mayor Signs Host City Agreement
- Kim's rough road from an idea to an Olympic Games
- 63 Votes for PyeongChang: Official Ballot Count for 2018 Olympic Winter Games Bid
- Third-time lucky: PyeongChang Wins 2018 Olympic Bid
- A First Round Victory Declared in 2018 Olympic Bid Race
- Olympic Bid presentations are complete; PyeongChang nails it
- Olympic bid schedule in Durban
- Olympic Bid Magic Number is 48; The Numbers Game
- Summary of Annecy 2018 Final Presentation to the IOC
- Annecy 2018 CEO denies controversial remarks were made about bid competitors
- Prime Minister Replaces President Sarkozy In Annecy 2018 Delegation
- Annecy will fight for 2018 Games while President Sarkozy stays home
- Latest Annecy 2018 Poll Doesn't Concern Bid Leader
- New Poll Shows Waning Support in Annecy for 2018 Olympic Bid
- Annecy 2018 Gets Support From The Mountains
- Annecy 2018 Poll Shows Higher Support
- Beigbeder Defends Annecy 2018 Finances, Denies Claims
- Annecy 2018 Needs More Funding
- Munich 2018 declares PyeongChang victory "a vote for the Asian continent"
- Summary of Munich 2018 Presentation to the IOC
- Munich 2018 "Fan Flight" Lands As Germany's President Arrives
- Star Footballer Beckenbauer will join Munich 2018 Delegation in Durban
- German Chancellor Urges IOC To Vote For Munich 2018
- Munich 2018 Gets Strong Support On Flight To IOC Decision
- "Carbon-Neutral" Munich 2018 Games
- Munich 2018 Claims "No Issue" in Trademark "Logo Controversy"
- Munich Plans Celebration For 2018 Host City Announcement
- Munich 2018 Pledges To Help Olympic Movement
- PyeongChang 2018 Handover Ceremony Features "A Journey Together"
- PyeongChang 2018 Paralympic Emblem Unveiled
- IOC Praises PyeongChang 2018 Following Inspection
- PyeongChang 2018 Praised
- Problems With PyeongChang 2018 Preparations Addressed
- Summary of PyeongChang 2018 Final Presentation to the IOC
- Yuna Kim skates in Durban with local athletes in support of PyeongChang 2018
- "We believe in the phrase third-time lucky": Korean Sports Minister
- PyeongChang 2018 Delegation Off To Durban For IOC Vote
- PyeongChang 2018 Revs Up Bid
- Oslo 2022 Needs More Public Support - Officials
- Government Approves Slovakia Budget For 2022 Winter Olympic Bid
- Zhangjiakou Wants 2022 Winter Bid With Beijing
- Oslo 2022 Olympic Bid Shouldn't Be Approved - New Poll
- Stockholm Opts Out Of 2022 Winter Olympic Bid
- Lviv City Council Approves 2022 Winter Bid
- Six Cities Meet IOC Deadline For 2022 Winter Olympic Games
- Ukraine Submits Bid For 2022 Winter Games At Deadline
- Oslo Bids For 2022 Winter Olympics
- Stockholm Bids For 2022 Winter Olympic Games
Winter Olympic Bids Logo
Winter Olympic Bids Summary
|Bid Status:||Applicant files due March 14, 2014|
|Bid Date:||July 31, 2015|
|Bid Location:||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Description:||Almaty, Beijng, Krakow, Lviv, Oslo and Stockholm are bidding|
|Bid Book:||Link To Bid Book|
Winter Olympic Bids Dates and More
|Bid Discussion Forums|
|July 25, 2012||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia chosen to host final vote|
|October 23, 2012||First information to all NOCs|
|July - Aug. 2013||IOC to officially invite bid applicants from NOCs.|
|Nov. 14, 2013||Application Deadline|
|Dec. 4-6 2013||Applicant City Seminar|
|March 14, 2014||Application Files Due|
|July 2014||Candidate City Selection|
|July-Dec 2014||Prepare Bid Books|
|January 2015||Submission of candidature files and guarantees|
|Feb to March, 2015||Evaluation Commission Visits|
|May 10, 2015||Evaluation report released|
|May 2015||Bid Presentations to IOC in Lausanne|
|July 31, 2015||Winner Announced at 127th IOC Session - Kuala Lumpur, Malysia|