Poll: Olympic Sport Program
Which sport would you like the IOC to add to the 2020 Olympic Programme
Winter Olympic Bids
President Viktor Yanukovych announced Thursday that Ukraine, which is co-hosting the 2012 European Football Championships in less than two months, wants to bid for the
The Associated Press reports that California Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom, and Nevada Lt. Gov. Brian Krolicki, announced Thursday the merger of two separate state committees ...
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) Coordination Commission for the PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympic Games, chaired by IOC Executive Board member Gunilla Lindberg, made its first ...
Depending on whether the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) decides to submit a bid for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games, Nevada's Lt. Gov. Brian Krolicki ...
The Swedish Olympic Committee (SOC) was informed by the Swedish government Friday that financial guarantees would not be provided for an Ostersund 2022 Winter Olympic ...
The Deseret News reports that a 15-member Olympic exploratory committee met Wednesday on whether Salt Lake City should bid for the 2022 or 2026 Winter ...
Representatives from the California Winter Games Committee (CWGC) reported to Sacramento City Council Tuesday about progress the committee is making to join the bidding process ...
Utah Governor Gary Herbert announced Wednesday that Utah officials are forming an exploratory committee to consider a bid for the 2022 or possibly the 2026 ...
Ten years after Salt Lake City hosted the 2002 Winter Olympic Games, Utah Governor Gary Herbert is in discussions regarding a bid for another Salt ...
The Tahoe Daily Tribune reports Lt. Gov. Brian Krolicki, chairman of the Reno-Tahoe Winter Games Coalition, outlined the case for a Reno-Tahoe 2022 Winter Olympic ...
- Summary of Annecy 2018 Final Presentation to the IOC
- Annecy 2018 CEO denies controversial remarks were made about bid competitors
- Prime Minister Replaces President Sarkozy In Annecy 2018 Delegation
- Annecy will fight for 2018 Games while President Sarkozy stays home
- Latest Annecy 2018 Poll Doesn't Concern Bid Leader
- New Poll Shows Waning Support in Annecy for 2018 Olympic Bid
- Annecy 2018 Gets Support From The Mountains
- Annecy 2018 Poll Shows Higher Support
- Beigbeder Defends Annecy 2018 Finances, Denies Claims
- Annecy 2018 Needs More Funding
- Munich 2018 declares PyeongChang victory "a vote for the Asian continent"
- Summary of Munich 2018 Presentation to the IOC
- Munich 2018 "Fan Flight" Lands As Germany's President Arrives
- Star Footballer Beckenbauer will join Munich 2018 Delegation in Durban
- German Chancellor Urges IOC To Vote For Munich 2018
- Munich 2018 Gets Strong Support On Flight To IOC Decision
- "Carbon-Neutral" Munich 2018 Games
- Munich 2018 Claims "No Issue" in Trademark "Logo Controversy"
- Munich Plans Celebration For 2018 Host City Announcement
- Munich 2018 Pledges To Help Olympic Movement
- PyeongChang 2018 Praised
- Problems With PyeongChang 2018 Preparations Addressed
- Summary of PyeongChang 2018 Final Presentation to the IOC
- Yuna Kim skates in Durban with local athletes in support of PyeongChang 2018
- "We believe in the phrase third-time lucky": Korean Sports Minister
- PyeongChang 2018 Delegation Off To Durban For IOC Vote
- PyeongChang 2018 Revs Up Bid
- PyeongChang 2018 Sponsor Launches Campaign
- PyeongChang 2018 Not Front-runner - South Korean Sports Official
- PyeongChang 2018 Reaffirms Commitment To IPC
- Abuja 2018 Needs Millions
- Annecy, Munich React To PyeongChang's Victory
- PyeongChang Mayor Signs Host City Agreement
- Kim's rough road from an idea to an Olympic Games
- 63 Votes for PyeongChang: Official Ballot Count for 2018 Olympic Winter Games Bid
- Third-time lucky: PyeongChang Wins 2018 Olympic Bid
- A First Round Victory Declared in 2018 Olympic Bid Race
- Olympic Bid presentations are complete; PyeongChang nails it
- Olympic bid schedule in Durban
- Olympic Bid Magic Number is 48; The Numbers Game
- Opposition To Oslo 2022 Winter Games Bid
- Majority Favours Oslo 2022 Winter Olympic Bid
- Slovakia Officially Joins Poland In 2022 Olympic Bid
- Davos-St. Moritz 2022 Winter Bid Referendum Defeated
- St. Moritz, Davos Referendum On 2022 Winter Olympics
- Ukraine Contemplates Joint Bid For 2022 Winter Games
- Slovakia Supports Joint 2022 Winter Bid With Poland
- President Backs Poland's 2022 Winter Olympic Bid
- Oslo 2022 Winter Bid Loses Support
- China Considers Beijing For Joint 2022 Olympic Winter Games Bid
Winter Olympic Bids Logo
Winter Olympic Bids Summary
Winter Olympic Bids Dates and More
|Bid Discussion Forums|
|Aug. 7, 2008||Durban, South Africa chosen to host final vote|
|Sept. 24, 2009||France declares intention to bid|
|March 18, 2009||France nominates Annecy|
|Feb. 2009||First information to all NOCs|
|July - Aug. 2009||IOC to officially invite bid applicants from NOCs.|
|Oct. 15, 2009||Application Deadline|
|Dec. 2009||Applicant City Seminar|
|March 15, 2010||Application Files Due|
|End-June 2010||Candidate City Selection|
|July-Dec 2010||Prepare Bid Books|
|Jan. 11, 2011||Submission of candidature files and guarantees|
|Feb. 9-12, 2011||Evaluation Commission site visit to Annecy|
|Feb. 16-20, 2011||Evaluation Commission site visit to PyeongChang|
|March 1-4, 2011||Evaluation Commission site visit to Munich|
|May 10, 2011||Evaluation report released|
|May 18, 2011||Bid Presentations to IOC in Lausanne|
|July 6, 2011||Winner Announced at 123rd IOC Session - Durban, South Africa|