Poll: 2020 Olympic Bid
What city do you support to win the 2020 Olympic bid?
Winter Olympic Bids
Ukrainian Prime Minister Mykola Azarov said Wednesday that Ukraine has a strong chance to host the 2022 Winter Olympic Games since the country gained experience
Now that the U.S. Olympic Committee (USOC) has decided against bidding for the 2022 Winter Games, Andy Wirth, President and Chairman of the Lake Tahoe ...
Should Switzerland host the 2022 Winter Olympic Games, organizers estimate operating costs would be $2.9 billion. The Associated Press reports the bid committee says likely ...
The United States Olympic Committee (USOC) announced Tuesday it won't be bidding for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games, but will consider the 2024 Summer or ...
The Denver Olympic Bid Exploratory Committee voted unanimously Wednesday to recommend to Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper and Denver Mayor Michael Hancock that Denver bid to ...
Denver media reports that the Denver Olympic Exploratory Committee is to announce Wednesday it is recommending to the governor and the mayor to proceed with ...
Now that a revenue-sharing agreement has been reached between the International Olympic Committee (IOC) and the U.S. Olympic Committee (USOC), Lt. Governor Brian Krolicki, chair ...
Oslo City Council voted Wednesday to fund efforts to apply for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games. Oslo successfully hosted the Nordic skiing world championships last ...
Grant Thomas, a former senior vice president of the 2002 Salt Lake Winter Games and an adviser to the International Olympic Committee (IOC), is stepping ...
Focus news magazine reports Sunday that Munich is considering another Winter Olympic bid for either 2022 or 2026, following its failed 2018 bid which was ...
- Summary of Annecy 2018 Final Presentation to the IOC
- Annecy 2018 CEO denies controversial remarks were made about bid competitors
- Prime Minister Replaces President Sarkozy In Annecy 2018 Delegation
- Annecy will fight for 2018 Games while President Sarkozy stays home
- Latest Annecy 2018 Poll Doesn't Concern Bid Leader
- New Poll Shows Waning Support in Annecy for 2018 Olympic Bid
- Annecy 2018 Gets Support From The Mountains
- Annecy 2018 Poll Shows Higher Support
- Beigbeder Defends Annecy 2018 Finances, Denies Claims
- Annecy 2018 Needs More Funding
- Munich 2018 declares PyeongChang victory "a vote for the Asian continent"
- Summary of Munich 2018 Presentation to the IOC
- Munich 2018 "Fan Flight" Lands As Germany's President Arrives
- Star Footballer Beckenbauer will join Munich 2018 Delegation in Durban
- German Chancellor Urges IOC To Vote For Munich 2018
- Munich 2018 Gets Strong Support On Flight To IOC Decision
- "Carbon-Neutral" Munich 2018 Games
- Munich 2018 Claims "No Issue" in Trademark "Logo Controversy"
- Munich Plans Celebration For 2018 Host City Announcement
- Munich 2018 Pledges To Help Olympic Movement
- PyeongChang 2018 Praised
- Problems With PyeongChang 2018 Preparations Addressed
- Summary of PyeongChang 2018 Final Presentation to the IOC
- Yuna Kim skates in Durban with local athletes in support of PyeongChang 2018
- "We believe in the phrase third-time lucky": Korean Sports Minister
- PyeongChang 2018 Delegation Off To Durban For IOC Vote
- PyeongChang 2018 Revs Up Bid
- PyeongChang 2018 Sponsor Launches Campaign
- PyeongChang 2018 Not Front-runner - South Korean Sports Official
- PyeongChang 2018 Reaffirms Commitment To IPC
- Abuja 2018 Needs Millions
- Annecy, Munich React To PyeongChang's Victory
- PyeongChang Mayor Signs Host City Agreement
- Kim's rough road from an idea to an Olympic Games
- 63 Votes for PyeongChang: Official Ballot Count for 2018 Olympic Winter Games Bid
- Third-time lucky: PyeongChang Wins 2018 Olympic Bid
- A First Round Victory Declared in 2018 Olympic Bid Race
- Olympic Bid presentations are complete; PyeongChang nails it
- Olympic bid schedule in Durban
- Olympic Bid Magic Number is 48; The Numbers Game
- Opposition To Oslo 2022 Winter Games Bid
- Majority Favours Oslo 2022 Winter Olympic Bid
- Slovakia Officially Joins Poland In 2022 Olympic Bid
- Davos-St. Moritz 2022 Winter Bid Referendum Defeated
- St. Moritz, Davos Referendum On 2022 Winter Olympics
- Ukraine Contemplates Joint Bid For 2022 Winter Games
- Slovakia Supports Joint 2022 Winter Bid With Poland
- President Backs Poland's 2022 Winter Olympic Bid
- Oslo 2022 Winter Bid Loses Support
- China Considers Beijing For Joint 2022 Olympic Winter Games Bid
Winter Olympic Bids Logo
Winter Olympic Bids Summary
Winter Olympic Bids Dates and More
|Bid Discussion Forums|
|Aug. 7, 2008||Durban, South Africa chosen to host final vote|
|Sept. 24, 2009||France declares intention to bid|
|March 18, 2009||France nominates Annecy|
|Feb. 2009||First information to all NOCs|
|July - Aug. 2009||IOC to officially invite bid applicants from NOCs.|
|Oct. 15, 2009||Application Deadline|
|Dec. 2009||Applicant City Seminar|
|March 15, 2010||Application Files Due|
|End-June 2010||Candidate City Selection|
|July-Dec 2010||Prepare Bid Books|
|Jan. 11, 2011||Submission of candidature files and guarantees|
|Feb. 9-12, 2011||Evaluation Commission site visit to Annecy|
|Feb. 16-20, 2011||Evaluation Commission site visit to PyeongChang|
|March 1-4, 2011||Evaluation Commission site visit to Munich|
|May 10, 2011||Evaluation report released|
|May 18, 2011||Bid Presentations to IOC in Lausanne|
|July 6, 2011||Winner Announced at 123rd IOC Session - Durban, South Africa|