Winter Olympic Bids
A survey carried out April 28 by the Homo Homini Institute with 1100 people being interviewed shows that 31 per cent of respondents nationwide were
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) is on a three-day visit to PyeongChang to assess the progress PyeongChang has made ahead of the 2018 Winter Olympic ...
The Almaty 2022 bid committee presented the bid's current status and the work done in the last months to the stakeholders of Almaty's bid for ...
Krakow's bid for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games now has a new leader. Krakow's deputy mayor Magdalena Sroka was chosen during an extraordinary meeting ...
Poland's Prime Minister Donald Tusk said Sunday that Poland still has a chance to play host to the 2022 Winter Olympic Games despite the resignation ...
Krakow’s bid to host the 2022 Olympic Winter Games was shaken Saturday with the resignation of its dynamic President Jagna Marczułajtis-Walczak and a flurry of ...
Reuters reports that Lviv 2022, the Olympic Winter Games bid from Ukraine, will be put “on hold” at least until after scheduled May 25 presidential ...
According to 1,000 people surveyed nationwide by Sentio Research conducted between March 24 and 28, dpa reports that 59.2 per cent of those polled were ...
According to AFP, a referendum is to be held in Krakow on May 25 on the Polish city's bid for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games.A ...
Russian Olympic Committee President Alexander Zhukov has been appointed Chair of the 2022 Olympic Winter Games bid Evaluation Commission, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) announced ...
- Beijing Launches Official 2022 Bid Website
- Oslo 2022 Gets Support From Norway's Influential Organizations
- Benefits of Hosting Olympic Games Understood: IOC Commissioned Survey
- IOC Takes Blame for Abandoned 2022 Olympic Bids
- Despite Poor Technical Evaluation, Many Roads Lead to Almaty in 2022
- Oslo Technically Ahead in 2022 Olympic Bid Despite 36% Public Support: IOC Evaluation Report
- IOC Shortlists Bids from Almaty, Beijing and Oslo
- IOC To Shortlist 2022 Olympic Winter Games Candidates Monday - What to Expect
- Almaty 2022 Launches New Website
- Lviv Ukraine Drops Olympic Bid for 2022 Winter Games
- PyeongChang 2018 Gets New Leader
- PyeongChang 2018 Head Resigns
- IOC Pleased With PyeongChang 2018 Progress
- Abuja 2018 Needs Millions
- Annecy, Munich React To PyeongChang's Victory
- PyeongChang Mayor Signs Host City Agreement
- Kim's rough road from an idea to an Olympic Games
- 63 Votes for PyeongChang: Official Ballot Count for 2018 Olympic Winter Games Bid
- Third-time lucky: PyeongChang Wins 2018 Olympic Bid
- A First Round Victory Declared in 2018 Olympic Bid Race
- Summary of Annecy 2018 Final Presentation to the IOC
- Annecy 2018 CEO denies controversial remarks were made about bid competitors
- Prime Minister Replaces President Sarkozy In Annecy 2018 Delegation
- Annecy will fight for 2018 Games while President Sarkozy stays home
- Latest Annecy 2018 Poll Doesn't Concern Bid Leader
- New Poll Shows Waning Support in Annecy for 2018 Olympic Bid
- Annecy 2018 Gets Support From The Mountains
- Annecy 2018 Poll Shows Higher Support
- Beigbeder Defends Annecy 2018 Finances, Denies Claims
- Annecy 2018 Needs More Funding
- Munich 2018 declares PyeongChang victory "a vote for the Asian continent"
- Summary of Munich 2018 Presentation to the IOC
- Munich 2018 "Fan Flight" Lands As Germany's President Arrives
- Star Footballer Beckenbauer will join Munich 2018 Delegation in Durban
- German Chancellor Urges IOC To Vote For Munich 2018
- Munich 2018 Gets Strong Support On Flight To IOC Decision
- "Carbon-Neutral" Munich 2018 Games
- Munich 2018 Claims "No Issue" in Trademark "Logo Controversy"
- Munich Plans Celebration For 2018 Host City Announcement
- Munich 2018 Pledges To Help Olympic Movement
- PyeongChang 2018 Handover Ceremony Features "A Journey Together"
- PyeongChang 2018 Paralympic Emblem Unveiled
- IOC Praises PyeongChang 2018 Following Inspection
- PyeongChang 2018 Praised
- Problems With PyeongChang 2018 Preparations Addressed
- Summary of PyeongChang 2018 Final Presentation to the IOC
- Yuna Kim skates in Durban with local athletes in support of PyeongChang 2018
- "We believe in the phrase third-time lucky": Korean Sports Minister
- PyeongChang 2018 Delegation Off To Durban For IOC Vote
- PyeongChang 2018 Revs Up Bid
- Youth Supports Oslo 2022 Winter Olympic Bid
- Poland Has A Chance To Host 2022 Winter Games - Prime Minister
- Oslo 2022 Needs More Public Support - Officials
- Government Approves Slovakia Budget For 2022 Winter Olympic Bid
- Zhangjiakou Wants 2022 Winter Bid With Beijing
- Oslo 2022 Olympic Bid Shouldn't Be Approved - New Poll
- Stockholm Opts Out Of 2022 Winter Olympic Bid
- Lviv City Council Approves 2022 Winter Bid
- Six Cities Meet IOC Deadline For 2022 Winter Olympic Games
- Ukraine Submits Bid For 2022 Winter Games At Deadline
Winter Olympic Bids Logo
Winter Olympic Bids Summary
|Bid Status:||Bid books due January, 2015|
|Bid Date:||July 31, 2015|
|Bid Location:||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Description:||Almaty, Beijng and Oslo are bidding for 2022 Games|
|Bid Book:||Link To Bid Book|
Winter Olympic Bids Dates and More
|Bid Discussion Forums|
|July 25, 2012||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia chosen to host final vote|
|October 23, 2012||First information to all NOCs|
|July - Aug. 2013||IOC to officially invite bid applicants from NOCs.|
|Nov. 14, 2013||Application Deadline|
|Dec. 4-6 2013||Applicant City Seminar|
|March 14, 2014||Application Files Due|
|July 2014||Candidate City Selection|
|July-Dec 2014||Prepare Bid Books|
|January 2015||Submission of candidature files and guarantees|
|Feb to March, 2015||Evaluation Commission Visits|
|May 10, 2015||Evaluation report released|
|May 2015||Bid Presentations to IOC in Lausanne|
|July 31, 2015||Winner Announced at 127th IOC Session - Kuala Lumpur, Malysia|