Winter Olympic Bids
Ireland's PaddyPower has made Norwegian capital Oslo the 5 to 2 favourite to win the 2022 Olympic Winter Games bid. Norway just completed a strong
Handover ceremony and artistic segment executive director Yoon Ho-Jin gave few details at a press conference Saturday of Sunday's PyeongChang 2018's handover ceremony but he ...
Officials of Almaty Kazakhstan's bid for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games said Thursday they have no plans to emulate the Sochi Olympics and will spend ...
Sergey Bubka, head of the Ukrainian Olympic Committee, Wednesday called for an end to the violence in his country as Ukraine's athletes are competing at ...
Ukrainian officials said Sunday at a news conference in Sochi to promote their bid that the 2022 Winter Olympic Games in Lviv won't be derailed, ...
Oslo is a "good safe place" said Gerhard Heiberg, a Norwegian member of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) as he presented its bid on Monday, ...
Norway’s bid for the Olympic Winter Games, Oslo 2022, released its logo and visual identity just ahead of the opening of the Sochi 2014 Games. ...
Zhangjiakou, in North China's Hebei province, hopes to bid jointly with Beijing for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games, the Zhangjiakou government said at a conference ...
A majority of Norwegians reportedly don't think their state government should approve an unlimited financial guarantee to bid on the 2022 Winter Olympic Games, according ...
Stockholm Sweden won't bid for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games, Stockholm's ruling Moderate party said Friday. Reuters reports that the Moderate party said in a ...
- Krakow 2022 Olympic Bid President Resigns Amid Alleged “Smear Campaign”
- Ukraine's Lviv 2022 Olympic Bid Put "On Hold" Pending Meeting With IOC
- Survey Shows Less Support For Oslo 2022 Olympic Bid
- Referendum On Krakow 2022 Olympic Bid
- Russia's Zhukov Chosen to Chair 2022 Olympic Winter Games Bid Evaluation Commission
- 2022 Olympic Winter Games Could Be Staged in 2023 Due to FIFA Conflict
- Krakow Mayor Wants Referendum On 2022 Winter Games
- Krakow 2022 Olympic Bid Sustainable Yet Fragmented: IOC Application
- Lviv 2022 Claim Olympics are a “National Priority for Ukraine”: IOC Application File
- Almaty 2022 Olympic Winter Games Will be Compact, Efficient: IOC Application
- Abuja 2018 Needs Millions
- Annecy, Munich React To PyeongChang's Victory
- PyeongChang Mayor Signs Host City Agreement
- Kim's rough road from an idea to an Olympic Games
- 63 Votes for PyeongChang: Official Ballot Count for 2018 Olympic Winter Games Bid
- Third-time lucky: PyeongChang Wins 2018 Olympic Bid
- A First Round Victory Declared in 2018 Olympic Bid Race
- Olympic Bid presentations are complete; PyeongChang nails it
- Olympic bid schedule in Durban
- Olympic Bid Magic Number is 48; The Numbers Game
- Summary of Annecy 2018 Final Presentation to the IOC
- Annecy 2018 CEO denies controversial remarks were made about bid competitors
- Prime Minister Replaces President Sarkozy In Annecy 2018 Delegation
- Annecy will fight for 2018 Games while President Sarkozy stays home
- Latest Annecy 2018 Poll Doesn't Concern Bid Leader
- New Poll Shows Waning Support in Annecy for 2018 Olympic Bid
- Annecy 2018 Gets Support From The Mountains
- Annecy 2018 Poll Shows Higher Support
- Beigbeder Defends Annecy 2018 Finances, Denies Claims
- Annecy 2018 Needs More Funding
- Munich 2018 declares PyeongChang victory "a vote for the Asian continent"
- Summary of Munich 2018 Presentation to the IOC
- Munich 2018 "Fan Flight" Lands As Germany's President Arrives
- Star Footballer Beckenbauer will join Munich 2018 Delegation in Durban
- German Chancellor Urges IOC To Vote For Munich 2018
- Munich 2018 Gets Strong Support On Flight To IOC Decision
- "Carbon-Neutral" Munich 2018 Games
- Munich 2018 Claims "No Issue" in Trademark "Logo Controversy"
- Munich Plans Celebration For 2018 Host City Announcement
- Munich 2018 Pledges To Help Olympic Movement
- PyeongChang 2018 Handover Ceremony Features "A Journey Together"
- PyeongChang 2018 Paralympic Emblem Unveiled
- IOC Praises PyeongChang 2018 Following Inspection
- PyeongChang 2018 Praised
- Problems With PyeongChang 2018 Preparations Addressed
- Summary of PyeongChang 2018 Final Presentation to the IOC
- Yuna Kim skates in Durban with local athletes in support of PyeongChang 2018
- "We believe in the phrase third-time lucky": Korean Sports Minister
- PyeongChang 2018 Delegation Off To Durban For IOC Vote
- PyeongChang 2018 Revs Up Bid
- Poland Has A Chance To Host 2022 Winter Games - Prime Minister
- Oslo 2022 Needs More Public Support - Officials
- Government Approves Slovakia Budget For 2022 Winter Olympic Bid
- Zhangjiakou Wants 2022 Winter Bid With Beijing
- Oslo 2022 Olympic Bid Shouldn't Be Approved - New Poll
- Stockholm Opts Out Of 2022 Winter Olympic Bid
- Lviv City Council Approves 2022 Winter Bid
- Six Cities Meet IOC Deadline For 2022 Winter Olympic Games
- Ukraine Submits Bid For 2022 Winter Games At Deadline
- Oslo Bids For 2022 Winter Olympics
Winter Olympic Bids Logo
Winter Olympic Bids Summary
|Bid Status:||Applicant files due March 14, 2014|
|Bid Date:||July 31, 2015|
|Bid Location:||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Description:||Almaty, Beijng, Krakow, Lviv, Oslo and Stockholm are bidding|
|Bid Book:||Link To Bid Book|
Winter Olympic Bids Dates and More
|Bid Discussion Forums|
|July 25, 2012||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia chosen to host final vote|
|October 23, 2012||First information to all NOCs|
|July - Aug. 2013||IOC to officially invite bid applicants from NOCs.|
|Nov. 14, 2013||Application Deadline|
|Dec. 4-6 2013||Applicant City Seminar|
|March 14, 2014||Application Files Due|
|July 2014||Candidate City Selection|
|July-Dec 2014||Prepare Bid Books|
|January 2015||Submission of candidature files and guarantees|
|Feb to March, 2015||Evaluation Commission Visits|
|May 10, 2015||Evaluation report released|
|May 2015||Bid Presentations to IOC in Lausanne|
|July 31, 2015||Winner Announced at 127th IOC Session - Kuala Lumpur, Malysia|