Poll: 2020 Olympic Bid
What city do you support to win the 2020 Olympic bid?
Winter Olympic Bids
The Oslo chapter of Norway's largest labour confederation, LO, voted overwhelmingly to oppose plans by city officials to host the Oslo 2022 Winter Olympic Games.
According to a survey by Respons Analyse, a majority in Oslo favour a 2022 Winter Olympic bid. Of the 1,000 people surveyed, 51 per cent ...
Bloomberg reports Slovakia is officially joining Poland in a bid to host the 2022 Winter Olympic Games. In January it was reported that Slovakia supported ...
Reuters reports that a referendum on whether Davos-St. Moritz should bid for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games was narrowly rejected Sunday with 52.66 per cent ...
Voters in the Swiss canton of Graubuenden, where St. Moritz and Davos are located, will be voting in a referendum Sunday on whether to support ...
Ria Novosti reports that Ukraine may put in a joint bid for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games with neighbours Poland and Slovakia, President Viktor Yanukovych ...
Reuters reports Slovak Prime Minister Robert Fico said Thursday that Slovakia would support a joint bid with Poland for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games. Fico ...
Saying that "work has to start right away", Poland's President Bronislaw Komorowski has backed Poland's bid for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games. He added, "if ...
According to a poll commissioned by daily Aftenposten and conducted December 13 to 18, as to whether Oslo should bid for the 2022 Winter Olympic ...
International Business Times reports that China's government is working on having Beijing and the Chinese city of Zhangjiakou, about 124 miles northwest of Beijing, jointly ...
- Summary of Annecy 2018 Final Presentation to the IOC
- Annecy 2018 CEO denies controversial remarks were made about bid competitors
- Prime Minister Replaces President Sarkozy In Annecy 2018 Delegation
- Annecy will fight for 2018 Games while President Sarkozy stays home
- Latest Annecy 2018 Poll Doesn't Concern Bid Leader
- New Poll Shows Waning Support in Annecy for 2018 Olympic Bid
- Annecy 2018 Gets Support From The Mountains
- Annecy 2018 Poll Shows Higher Support
- Beigbeder Defends Annecy 2018 Finances, Denies Claims
- Annecy 2018 Needs More Funding
- Munich 2018 declares PyeongChang victory "a vote for the Asian continent"
- Summary of Munich 2018 Presentation to the IOC
- Munich 2018 "Fan Flight" Lands As Germany's President Arrives
- Star Footballer Beckenbauer will join Munich 2018 Delegation in Durban
- German Chancellor Urges IOC To Vote For Munich 2018
- Munich 2018 Gets Strong Support On Flight To IOC Decision
- "Carbon-Neutral" Munich 2018 Games
- Munich 2018 Claims "No Issue" in Trademark "Logo Controversy"
- Munich Plans Celebration For 2018 Host City Announcement
- Munich 2018 Pledges To Help Olympic Movement
- PyeongChang 2018 Praised
- Problems With PyeongChang 2018 Preparations Addressed
- Summary of PyeongChang 2018 Final Presentation to the IOC
- Yuna Kim skates in Durban with local athletes in support of PyeongChang 2018
- "We believe in the phrase third-time lucky": Korean Sports Minister
- PyeongChang 2018 Delegation Off To Durban For IOC Vote
- PyeongChang 2018 Revs Up Bid
- PyeongChang 2018 Sponsor Launches Campaign
- PyeongChang 2018 Not Front-runner - South Korean Sports Official
- PyeongChang 2018 Reaffirms Commitment To IPC
- Abuja 2018 Needs Millions
- Annecy, Munich React To PyeongChang's Victory
- PyeongChang Mayor Signs Host City Agreement
- Kim's rough road from an idea to an Olympic Games
- 63 Votes for PyeongChang: Official Ballot Count for 2018 Olympic Winter Games Bid
- Third-time lucky: PyeongChang Wins 2018 Olympic Bid
- A First Round Victory Declared in 2018 Olympic Bid Race
- Olympic Bid presentations are complete; PyeongChang nails it
- Olympic bid schedule in Durban
- Olympic Bid Magic Number is 48; The Numbers Game
- Opposition To Oslo 2022 Winter Games Bid
- Majority Favours Oslo 2022 Winter Olympic Bid
- Slovakia Officially Joins Poland In 2022 Olympic Bid
- Davos-St. Moritz 2022 Winter Bid Referendum Defeated
- St. Moritz, Davos Referendum On 2022 Winter Olympics
- Ukraine Contemplates Joint Bid For 2022 Winter Games
- Slovakia Supports Joint 2022 Winter Bid With Poland
- President Backs Poland's 2022 Winter Olympic Bid
- Oslo 2022 Winter Bid Loses Support
- China Considers Beijing For Joint 2022 Olympic Winter Games Bid
Winter Olympic Bids Logo
Winter Olympic Bids Summary
Winter Olympic Bids Dates and More
|Bid Discussion Forums|
|Aug. 7, 2008||Durban, South Africa chosen to host final vote|
|Sept. 24, 2009||France declares intention to bid|
|March 18, 2009||France nominates Annecy|
|Feb. 2009||First information to all NOCs|
|July - Aug. 2009||IOC to officially invite bid applicants from NOCs.|
|Oct. 15, 2009||Application Deadline|
|Dec. 2009||Applicant City Seminar|
|March 15, 2010||Application Files Due|
|End-June 2010||Candidate City Selection|
|July-Dec 2010||Prepare Bid Books|
|Jan. 11, 2011||Submission of candidature files and guarantees|
|Feb. 9-12, 2011||Evaluation Commission site visit to Annecy|
|Feb. 16-20, 2011||Evaluation Commission site visit to PyeongChang|
|March 1-4, 2011||Evaluation Commission site visit to Munich|
|May 10, 2011||Evaluation report released|
|May 18, 2011||Bid Presentations to IOC in Lausanne|
|July 6, 2011||Winner Announced at 123rd IOC Session - Durban, South Africa|