Winter Olympic Bids
Almaty, Kazakhstan presented its 2022 Winter Olympic bid Friday to the General Assembly of the Association of National Olympic Committees (ANOC) calling itself the compact
A high-level Beijing 2022 delegation presented its bid for the 2022 Olympic Games Friday to the Association of National Olympic Committees (ANOC) General Assembly in ...
Beijing 2022 released a promotional video Saturday as part of its bid for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games, reports Reuters.Also Saturday the Beijing 2022 bid ...
A Norwegian College of Elite Sport top official told Norwegian outlet Nationen that a joint Norway-Sweden bid for the 2026 Winter Olympic Games would be ...
Bruce McGechan, a marketing consultant from Queenstown, New Zealand, who has had snow sports marketing experience, believes the resort should bid for the 2026 Winter ...
Members of the public have been invited to submit ideas for a slogan for Beijing's 2022 Winter Olympic bid.China Daily reports the ideas should reflect ...
Should Almaty Kazakhstan be selected to host the 2022 Winter Olympic Games, Tengrinews reports that the Ministry of Culture and Sports of Kazakhstan has decided ...
The Associated Press reports that Norwegian Olympic Officials and International Olympic Committee (IOC) leaders will meet in Switzerland this month to analyze the demise of ...
This statement was released by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) on October 1 following the withdrawal of the Oslo 2022 Olympic Bid. It is provided ...
International Olympic Committee (IOC) President Thomas Bach told The Associated Press Thursday that the IOC would not suspend the bidding or reopen the process for ...
- Almaty 2022 Calls Bid Compact And Affordable
- Beijing Presents Its 2022 Olympic Bid To ANOC
- Beijing 2022 Releases Promo, Opens Twitter , Facebook Accounts
- Beijing 2022 Looks For Bid Slogan
- Kazakhstan Wants Investors To Partially Fund Almaty 2022
- Norway, IOC To Analyze Oslo's Bid Demise
- IOC statement from Christophe Dubi, IOC Executive Director of the Olympic Games
- IOC Won't Reopen 2022 Bidding Process
- IOC Loses Another Candidate as Oslo's 2022 bid is Crushed
- Oslo Drops 2022 Olympic Winter Games Bid
- PyeongChang 2018 Gets New Leader
- PyeongChang 2018 Head Resigns
- IOC Pleased With PyeongChang 2018 Progress
- Abuja 2018 Needs Millions
- Annecy, Munich React To PyeongChang's Victory
- PyeongChang Mayor Signs Host City Agreement
- Kim's rough road from an idea to an Olympic Games
- 63 Votes for PyeongChang: Official Ballot Count for 2018 Olympic Winter Games Bid
- Third-time lucky: PyeongChang Wins 2018 Olympic Bid
- A First Round Victory Declared in 2018 Olympic Bid Race
- Summary of Annecy 2018 Final Presentation to the IOC
- Annecy 2018 CEO denies controversial remarks were made about bid competitors
- Prime Minister Replaces President Sarkozy In Annecy 2018 Delegation
- Annecy will fight for 2018 Games while President Sarkozy stays home
- Latest Annecy 2018 Poll Doesn't Concern Bid Leader
- New Poll Shows Waning Support in Annecy for 2018 Olympic Bid
- Annecy 2018 Gets Support From The Mountains
- Annecy 2018 Poll Shows Higher Support
- Beigbeder Defends Annecy 2018 Finances, Denies Claims
- Annecy 2018 Needs More Funding
- Munich 2018 declares PyeongChang victory "a vote for the Asian continent"
- Summary of Munich 2018 Presentation to the IOC
- Munich 2018 "Fan Flight" Lands As Germany's President Arrives
- Star Footballer Beckenbauer will join Munich 2018 Delegation in Durban
- German Chancellor Urges IOC To Vote For Munich 2018
- Munich 2018 Gets Strong Support On Flight To IOC Decision
- "Carbon-Neutral" Munich 2018 Games
- Munich 2018 Claims "No Issue" in Trademark "Logo Controversy"
- Munich Plans Celebration For 2018 Host City Announcement
- Munich 2018 Pledges To Help Olympic Movement
- New PyeongChang 2018 Head Begins Duties
- PyeongChang 2018 Handover Ceremony Features "A Journey Together"
- PyeongChang 2018 Paralympic Emblem Unveiled
- IOC Praises PyeongChang 2018 Following Inspection
- PyeongChang 2018 Praised
- Problems With PyeongChang 2018 Preparations Addressed
- Summary of PyeongChang 2018 Final Presentation to the IOC
- Yuna Kim skates in Durban with local athletes in support of PyeongChang 2018
- "We believe in the phrase third-time lucky": Korean Sports Minister
- PyeongChang 2018 Delegation Off To Durban For IOC Vote
- Joint Norway-Sweden 2026 Olympic Bid Suggested
- Should Queenstown Bid For 2026 Winter Olympics?
- Youth Supports Oslo 2022 Winter Olympic Bid
- Poland Has A Chance To Host 2022 Winter Games - Prime Minister
- Oslo 2022 Needs More Public Support - Officials
- Government Approves Slovakia Budget For 2022 Winter Olympic Bid
- Zhangjiakou Wants 2022 Winter Bid With Beijing
- Oslo 2022 Olympic Bid Shouldn't Be Approved - New Poll
- Stockholm Opts Out Of 2022 Winter Olympic Bid
- Lviv City Council Approves 2022 Winter Bid
Winter Olympic Bids Logo
Winter Olympic Bids Summary
Winter Olympic Bids Dates and More
|Bid Discussion Forums|
|July 25, 2012||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia chosen to host final vote|
|October 23, 2012||First information to all NOCs|
|July - Aug. 2013||IOC to officially invite bid applicants from NOCs.|
|Nov. 14, 2013||Application Deadline|
|Dec. 4-6 2013||Applicant City Seminar|
|March 14, 2014||Application Files Due|
|July 2014||Candidate City Selection|
|July-Dec 2014||Prepare Bid Books|
|January 2015||Submission of candidature files and guarantees|
|Feb to March, 2015||Evaluation Commission Visits|
|May 10, 2015||Evaluation report released|
|May 2015||Bid Presentations to IOC in Lausanne|
|July 31, 2015||Winner Announced at 127th IOC Session - Kuala Lumpur, Malysia|