Winter Olympic Bids
Six cities met Thursday's deadline to compete for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games. The cities are Almaty Kazakhstan, Beijing China, Krakow Poland, Lviv Ukraine, Oslo
Ukraine submitted its bid to the International Olympic Committee (IOC) Thursday, meeting the deadline for bids. Ukrainian Deputy Prime Minister Olexandr Vilkul said, "we applied ...
A day before the deadline to submit a bid for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games to the International Olympic Committee (IOC), Oslo launched its bid ...
Stockholm, Sweden announced Monday that it is submitting a bid for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games. The bid includes plans to host Alpine skiing events ...
The Associated Press reports that voters have turned down plans for Munich to bid for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games.Voters in Garmisch-Partenkirchen - one of ...
Poland's Olympic committee said a letter confirming a joint Poland/Slovakia bid was sent Thursday to the International Olympic Committee (IOC) a week before the deadline. ...
Oslo, Norway will be among four declared applicants for the 2022 Olympic Games, according to media reports. The bid was supported by a marginal victory ...
The Ukrainian city of Lviv launched an official bid Tuesday to host the 2022 Winter Olympic Games. Ukraine's Deputy Prime Minister Oleksandr Vilkul said a ...
Beijing and China's northern city of Zhangjiakou will jointly bid for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games, state media reported Tuesday. China's Olympic Committee has "in ...
The Slovak government has approved a report on the progress of its joint bid with Poland to host the 2022 Winter Olympic Games in Krakow, ...
- Abuja 2018 Needs Millions
- Annecy, Munich React To PyeongChang's Victory
- PyeongChang Mayor Signs Host City Agreement
- Kim's rough road from an idea to an Olympic Games
- 63 Votes for PyeongChang: Official Ballot Count for 2018 Olympic Winter Games Bid
- Third-time lucky: PyeongChang Wins 2018 Olympic Bid
- A First Round Victory Declared in 2018 Olympic Bid Race
- Olympic Bid presentations are complete; PyeongChang nails it
- Olympic bid schedule in Durban
- Olympic Bid Magic Number is 48; The Numbers Game
- Summary of Annecy 2018 Final Presentation to the IOC
- Annecy 2018 CEO denies controversial remarks were made about bid competitors
- Prime Minister Replaces President Sarkozy In Annecy 2018 Delegation
- Annecy will fight for 2018 Games while President Sarkozy stays home
- Latest Annecy 2018 Poll Doesn't Concern Bid Leader
- New Poll Shows Waning Support in Annecy for 2018 Olympic Bid
- Annecy 2018 Gets Support From The Mountains
- Annecy 2018 Poll Shows Higher Support
- Beigbeder Defends Annecy 2018 Finances, Denies Claims
- Annecy 2018 Needs More Funding
- Munich 2018 declares PyeongChang victory "a vote for the Asian continent"
- Summary of Munich 2018 Presentation to the IOC
- Munich 2018 "Fan Flight" Lands As Germany's President Arrives
- Star Footballer Beckenbauer will join Munich 2018 Delegation in Durban
- German Chancellor Urges IOC To Vote For Munich 2018
- Munich 2018 Gets Strong Support On Flight To IOC Decision
- "Carbon-Neutral" Munich 2018 Games
- Munich 2018 Claims "No Issue" in Trademark "Logo Controversy"
- Munich Plans Celebration For 2018 Host City Announcement
- Munich 2018 Pledges To Help Olympic Movement
- PyeongChang 2018 Paralympic Emblem Unveiled
- IOC Praises PyeongChang 2018 Following Inspection
- PyeongChang 2018 Praised
- Problems With PyeongChang 2018 Preparations Addressed
- Summary of PyeongChang 2018 Final Presentation to the IOC
- Yuna Kim skates in Durban with local athletes in support of PyeongChang 2018
- "We believe in the phrase third-time lucky": Korean Sports Minister
- PyeongChang 2018 Delegation Off To Durban For IOC Vote
- PyeongChang 2018 Revs Up Bid
- PyeongChang 2018 Sponsor Launches Campaign
- Six Cities Meet IOC Deadline For 2022 Winter Olympic Games
- Ukraine Submits Bid For 2022 Winter Games At Deadline
- Oslo Bids For 2022 Winter Olympics
- Stockholm Bids For 2022 Winter Olympic Games
- Voters Veto Munich 2022 Winter Bid
- Poland Launches Joint Bid With Slovakia For 2022 Winter Olympics
- Lviv Officially Bids For 2022 Winter Olympics
- A Joint Beijing/Zhangjiakou, Bid For 2022 Winter Games
- Slovak Report On Joint 2022 Winter Bid
- Lviv In Favour Of 2022 Winter Olympic Bid
Winter Olympic Bids Logo
Winter Olympic Bids Summary
|Bid Status:||Applicant files due March 14, 2014|
|Bid Date:||July 31, 2015|
|Bid Location:||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Description:||Almaty, Beijng, Krakow, Lviv, Oslo and Stockholm are bidding|
|Bid Book:||Link To Bid Book|
Winter Olympic Bids Dates and More
|Bid Discussion Forums|
|July 25, 2012||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia chosen to host final vote|
|October 23, 2012||First information to all NOCs|
|July - Aug. 2013||IOC to officially invite bid applicants from NOCs.|
|Nov. 14, 2013||Application Deadline|
|Dec. 4-6 2013||Applicant City Seminar|
|March 14, 2014||Application Files Due|
|July 2014||Candidate City Selection|
|July-Dec 2014||Prepare Bid Books|
|January 2015||Submission of candidature files and guarantees|
|Feb to March, 2015||Evaluation Commission Visits|
|May 10, 2015||Evaluation report released|
|May 2015||Bid Presentations to IOC in Lausanne|
|July 31, 2015||Winner Announced at 127th IOC Session - Kuala Lumpur, Malysia|