Almaty Bids For 2022 Winter Olympic Games
Kazakhstan has officially filed an application to host the 2022 Winter Olympic Games in Almaty.
A decision on Almaty's bid was made Thursday at the first meeting with the Almaty City Administration and the Olympic Committee, Erlan Kozhagapanov, Chairman of the Agency for Sports and Physical Education told BNew.kz,
Almaty is "almost ready" with most of the facilities constructed and approved at the Asian Games.
Kozhagapanov said, "it remains to construct several sports facilities and by 2022 the objects on which you want to repair, will be repaired", adding the transport logistics are ready, as well as the people and the volunteers.Write or read comments about this article
- French IOC Members Criticize Annecy 2018
- BidIndex: Tokyo Leads; Race Tightens as 2020 Olympic Bid Enters Final Week
- United States To Bid For 2024 Summer Olympic Games
- Toronto Should Bid For 2028 Olympics Instead Of 2024
- Reclusive Turkmenistan Opens Doors; Begins Construction of Olympic Dreams