Lake Tahoe Interested In 2026 Olympic Bid
Now that the U.S. Olympic Committee (USOC) has decided against bidding for the 2022 Winter Games, Andy Wirth, President and Chairman of the Lake Tahoe Winter Games Exploratory Committee, said the committee would "absolutely" be interested in a 2026 Winter Games bid.
According to The Sacramento Bee, Wirth said locals had only recently created the bi-state organization, pulling together Reno and Sacramento-based efforts. He said more time will work in their favour.
Wirth, who is also the CEO of Squaw Valley USA Resort, host of the 1960 Games, said "when you have hastened truncated process it is usually not the best outcome. The gestation period for Olympic bids is quite long".Write or read comments about this article
- Istanbul 2020 Plays Role In Youth Day Celebrations
- Yang Ho Cho Appointed Advisor for ITTF
- London Believes Istanbul Leading 2020 Olympic Bid Race
- Ser Miang Ng Wants Games in Africa, Member Visits to Bid Cities Reviewed
- Sochi 2014 Medals Presented At SportAccord