Switzerland Estimates Cost Of 2022 Bid
Should Switzerland host the 2022 Winter Olympic Games, organizers estimate operating costs would be $2.9 billion.
The Associated Press reports the bid committee says likely public and private investment of $1.55 billion includes transport and tourism projects, which would be carried out regardless.
Davos and St. Moritz would be Switzerland's candidate for a 2022 bid.
Bid director Gian Gilli said in a statement it seeks to "improve concepts and reduce costs".
A "cautious but realistic" feasibility study was commissioned from an international auditing firm, reports The Associated Press.
According to the bid, additional security costs would be $258 million.
St. Moritz Switzerland hosted the 1948 and 1924 Games.Write or read comments about this article
- Yang Ho Cho Appointed Advisor for ITTF
- Istanbul 2020 Plays Role In Youth Day Celebrations
- London Believes Istanbul Leading 2020 Olympic Bid Race
- Ser Miang Ng Wants Games in Africa, Member Visits to Bid Cities Reviewed
- Sochi 2014 Medals Presented At SportAccord