Ostersund Won't Bid For 2022 Winter Olympic Games
The Swedish Olympic Committee (SOC) was informed by the Swedish government Friday that financial guarantees would not be provided for an Ostersund 2022 Winter Olympic Games bid.
Councillor AnnSofie Andersson told a local newspaper that she found it astonishing that one can dismiss a bid before they've seen the pilot study.
The SOC, Ostersund and Are were to present a feasibility study in late March on an Ostersund bid.Write or read comments about this article
- Joint Norway-Sweden 2026 Olympic Bid Suggested
- PyeongChang 2018 Shares Experiences
- Should Queenstown Bid For 2026 Winter Olympics?
- Tokyo 2020 Bid Is "Very Healthy"
- Radioactive Leak Won't Affect Tokyo 2020 - Tokyo Governor