Ostersund Won't Bid For 2022 Winter Olympic Games
The Swedish Olympic Committee (SOC) was informed by the Swedish government Friday that financial guarantees would not be provided for an Ostersund 2022 Winter Olympic Games bid.
Councillor AnnSofie Andersson told a local newspaper that she found it astonishing that one can dismiss a bid before they've seen the pilot study.
The SOC, Ostersund and Are were to present a feasibility study in late March on an Ostersund bid.Write or read comments about this article
- French IOC Members Criticize Annecy 2018
- Norway's Parliament Lists Demands to IOC If Oslo 2022 Bid Is Approved
- Los Angeles Steps Up For 2024 Summer Games Bid
- Beijing To Tackle Environmental Problems For 2022 Winter Olympic Bid
- Draft Commission Report Says Boston 2024 Bid Could Face Challenges