Davos And St. Moritz 2022 Bid Appointed Operations Director
Swiss Olympic official Gian Gilli has been appointed Operations Director for the proposed joint 2022 Winter Games bid by Davos and St. Moritz.
The Associated Press reports Gilli will combine the role with his duties as chef de mission for the Swiss team at the London 2012 Summer Olympic Games.
A formal 2022 Swiss bid still needs approval from the country's sports federations at a meeting in April.
Residents of the state of Graubunden that includes Davos and St. Moritz are scheduled to vote on the bid in November.Write or read comments about this article
- Mario and Sonic To Compete At Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games Under Nintendo Flag
- In Tokyo - Lost In the Subway; But Not Lost in Translation
- Ching-Kuo Wu To Run For IOC Presidency
- IOC Accepts All Three 2018 Olympic Bids To Next Phase
- Tokyo To Reduce 2020 Olympics Bid Budget