No 2022 Winter Bid From Quebec City
Quebec City Mayor Regis Labeaume announced Tuesday that Quebec City will not bid for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games. He made the announcement following a meeting with Quebec Premier Jean Charest, members of the Olympic task force, Team Quebec, and Marcel Aubut, President of the Canadian Olympic Committee.
But he reportedly didn't close the door to a future Olympic bid.
The mayor recently said that a 2022 bid would be unlikely if PyeongChang was chosen to host the 2018 Games since they will be in Asia and a European city will likely be chosen for the 2022 Winter Games.
Quebec City had failed bids for the 2002 and 2010 Olympic Games.Write or read comments about this article
- PyeongChang 2018 Shares Experiences
- Simple Majority Needed For German 2024 Olympic Bid
- French IOC Members Criticize Annecy 2018
- Salzburg 2014, PyeongChang 2014 News
- Vancouver 2010 Chooses Ilanaaq For Official Emblem