Kazakhstan Considers 2022 Winter Games Bid
Itar-Tass reports government officials expressed an interest in Kazakhstan bidding for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games during a meeting Monday with International Olympic Committee (IOC) President Jacques Rogge.
The meeting took place in the Kazakh capital of Astana, following a meeting of the executive committee of the Olympic Council of Asia.
The 2022 host city will be selected by the IOC in 2015.
Almaty, Kazakhstan's commercial capital, had a failed bid for the 2014 Winter Games which were awarded to Sochi.Write or read comments about this article
- French IOC Members Criticize Annecy 2018
- Norway's Parliament Lists Demands to IOC If Oslo 2022 Bid Is Approved
- Draft Commission Report Says Boston 2024 Bid Could Face Challenges
- Los Angeles Steps Up For 2024 Summer Games Bid
- Government Approves Slovakia Budget For 2022 Winter Olympic Bid