Kazakhstan Considers 2022 Winter Games Bid
Itar-Tass reports government officials expressed an interest in Kazakhstan bidding for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games during a meeting Monday with International Olympic Committee (IOC) President Jacques Rogge.
The meeting took place in the Kazakh capital of Astana, following a meeting of the executive committee of the Olympic Council of Asia.
The 2022 host city will be selected by the IOC in 2015.
Almaty, Kazakhstan's commercial capital, had a failed bid for the 2014 Winter Games which were awarded to Sochi.Write or read comments about this article
- Kazakhstan Wants Investors To Partially Fund Almaty 2022
- Beijing 2022 Looks For Bid Slogan
- PyeongChang 2018 Shares Experiences
- Super Car Race Event Boosts Buenos Aires 2018 Youth Bid
- Norway, IOC To Analyze Oslo's Bid Demise