Annecy 2018 Gets Support From The Mountains
The French railway company SNCF, an official supporter of Annecy's bid for the 2018 Winter Olympic Games, is sending an expedition of SNCF athletes to climb Mont-Blanc on June 18-19 to promote Annecy's 2018 bid. The expedition will also include representatives from Annecy 2018.
Following two days of high altitude preparation and acclimatization, the team will set off on June 18 to climb the mountain, and once they reach the summit (4,810 metres), the highest peak in France and Europe, the team will unfold a banner in support of the bid.
The SNCF champion snowboarders will then snowboard back down Mont-Blanc while the others will return on foot.
The expedition will officially set off when the athletes board a train at Paris' Gare de Lyon station the morning of June 15. Passengers will have a chance to meet the athletes and talk to them about the adventure they are about to embark on.Write or read comments about this article
- Mario and Sonic To Compete At Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games Under Nintendo Flag
- Ching-Kuo Wu To Run For IOC Presidency
- Richard Carrion Announces His Candidacy For IOC President
- Is Tromso Norway Suitable For a 2018 Winter Olympic Games
- IOC Accepts All Three 2018 Olympic Bids To Next Phase