Annecy 2018 Won't Repeat Paris' Mistakes - French NOC Head
Inside The Games reports that Annecy's bid for the 2018 Winter Olympic Games won't repeat the mistakes of Paris' failed bid for the 2012 Summer Games.
Denis Masseglia, President of the French Olympic Committee, said at the International Olympic Committee (IOC) Congress in Copenhagen where Annecy's 2018 bid was launched, "we must learn from the errors of Paris".
Inside The Games reports there were claims that Paris had been arrogant and underestimated the strength of London's challenge.
Masseglia added, "we will not be favourites (this time). We must not be arrogant".Write or read comments about this article
- PyeongChang 2018 Shares Experiences
- Oslo 2022 Olympic Bid Support Slips
- Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games Car Free – Delegate Impressed With Bid
- Super Car Race Event Boosts Buenos Aires 2018 Youth Bid
- Berlin To Unveil 2024 Games Bid