Annecy 2018 Won't Repeat Paris' Mistakes - French NOC Head
Inside The Games reports that Annecy's bid for the 2018 Winter Olympic Games won't repeat the mistakes of Paris' failed bid for the 2012 Summer Games.
Denis Masseglia, President of the French Olympic Committee, said at the International Olympic Committee (IOC) Congress in Copenhagen where Annecy's 2018 bid was launched, "we must learn from the errors of Paris".
Inside The Games reports there were claims that Paris had been arrogant and underestimated the strength of London's challenge.
Masseglia added, "we will not be favourites (this time). We must not be arrogant".Write or read comments about this article
- Joint Norway-Sweden 2026 Olympic Bid Suggested
- PyeongChang 2018 Shares Experiences
- Should Queenstown Bid For 2026 Winter Olympics?
- Radioactive Leak Won't Affect Tokyo 2020 - Tokyo Governor
- Tokyo 2020 Bid Is "Very Healthy"