Olympic bid schedule in Durban
The 2018 Olympic Winter Games bid election will take place at Durban's International Convention Centre (ICC) Wednesday. The IOC will be producing a live, high-definition broadcast of the bid city presentations, election vote and final announcement ceremony that will be made available for television coverage.
Munich in Germany, Annecy in France and PyeongChang in South Korea are the three candidates vying for the hosting rights to the Games in 2018. They will make final, live presentations to the voting IOC members before the final election.
The following is the schedule for Wednesday July 6, in local Durban time, as published by the IOC.
- 8.45-9.55 a.m. Presentation by Munich, Germany
- 10.10 a.m. Media conference by Munich, Germany
- 10.25–11.35 a.m. Presentation by Annecy, France
- 11.50 a.m. Media conference by Annecy, France
- 12.05–1.15 p.m. Presentation by PyeongChang, South Korea
- 1.30 p.m. Media conference by PyeongChang, South Korea
- 2.45–3.15 p.m. Report by the IOC Evaluation Commission
- 3.35–3.50 p.m. Vote and election of the host city for the XXIII Olympic Winter Games in 2018
- 5-5.30 p.m. Announcement ceremony of the host city for the XXIII Olympic Winter Games in 2018
- 6-6.45 p.m. Signature of the Host City Contract and joint IOC/host city media conference
IOC President Jacques Rogge is expected to open the envelope containing the name of the winning city at precisely 5:22 p.m.Write or read comments about this article
- PyeongChang 2018 Shares Experiences
- Beijing Launches Official 2022 Bid Website
- GB Digest
- FILA Aims to Consolidate Wrestling Message With New International Ad Campaign
- Denver Quietly Considering Winter Olympic Games Bid