New Zealand Will Never Host A Winter Olympics
Arthur Klap, chief executive of the biennial Winter Games New Zealand (WGNZ) program, says New Zealand will never host a Winter Olympic Games.
Not only was Klap the chief executive of two versions of WGNZ, he has run 17 work championships or world cups in New Zealand involving sports including triathlon, water skiing and unicycling, and the New Zealand Herald reports he is an expert in the field.
Klap said, "a Winter Olympics bid is out of the question. We haven't got the infrastructure, the ski fields, the beds or the proximity between venues. The plus is we have quality snow when the rest of the world wants it. Yes, there are hundreds of fields better than ours...but not at this time of year".Write or read comments about this article
- Mario and Sonic To Compete At Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games Under Nintendo Flag
- Ching-Kuo Wu To Run For IOC Presidency
- IOC Accepts All Three 2018 Olympic Bids To Next Phase
- Is Tromso Norway Suitable For a 2018 Winter Olympic Games
- BidIndex for the 2016 Olympic Bids Released By GamesBids.com - Tight Race Revealed