Ukraine To Bid For 2022 Winter Olympics
RIA Novosti reports Ukraine plans to be for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games. Sports Minister Ravil Safiullin said Sunday, "this is the task the authorities have set themselves".
President Viktor Yanukovych has said a bid was a possibility.
The bid will reportedly go forward in 2014, but $500 million will be allocated for the bid in the 2011 budget, said Safiullin.
He added it had not yet been decided which cities would be chosen to represent Ukraine's bid.
The 2014 Winter Olympic Games will be held in Sochi, Russia.Write or read comments about this article
- Istanbul 2020 Hosting Would Build Bridges
- Oswald Fifth Candidate For IOC President
- Mario and Sonic To Compete At Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games Under Nintendo Flag
- Istanbul 2020 Pledges To ONOC
- Richard Carrion Announces His Candidacy For IOC President