IOC Selects Kuala Lumpur as Site for 2022 Olympic Games Host City Vote
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) has chosen Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to host their 127th Session to be held in 2015. Among the agenda items for this prestigious gathering is the election of the host city for the 2022 Olympic Winter Games.
Kuala Lumpur bid for the meeting unopposed after Lima, Peru was eliminated earlier this year. The decision was made Thursday after a brief presentation by the Malaysian organizers at the IOC Session currently being held in London ahead of the Olympic Games.
The Session is scheduled to be held from August 1-3, 2015.
The 125th Session will be held September 2013 in Buenos Aires, Argentina where the host city for the 2020 Olympic Games will be elected; the 126th session is scheduled for Sochi in advance of the 2014 Olympic Winter Games in Russia.Write or read comments about this article
- Ching-Kuo Wu To Run For IOC Presidency
- Mario and Sonic To Compete At Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games Under Nintendo Flag
- Richard Carrion Announces His Candidacy For IOC President
- Olympic Champion Jennie Finch Urges Support For Softball
- BidIndex: Istanbul Maintains Narrow Lead in 2020 Olympic Bid Index