Longest Olympic Torch Relay For Sochi 2014
The Olympic Torch Relay for the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics Games, which starts October 7, 2013, will be the longest in the history of the Games, said Dmitry Chernyshenko, President of Sochi 2014.
He said, "the relay will begin in Moscow October 7, 2013, arriving in Sochi, February 7, 2014. It will be the longest relay in Olympic history. The flame from Athens will travel over 40,000 km, the length of the equator, in 123 days. In my opinion it is unlikely that we can break that record".
The torch relay will pass through the 83 entities of the Russian Federation.
Chernyshenko added, "the relay route will go through about 2,000 locations. We will try to reach the beautiful figure of 2014".
The Sochi 2014 Games take place February 7-23, 2014 and the Paralympic Games are March 7-16, 2014.Write or read comments about this article
- Ser Miang Ng Wants Games in Africa, Member Visits to Bid Cities Reviewed
- London Believes Istanbul Leading 2020 Olympic Bid Race
- Has Enough Been Done To Promote Wrestling's Inclusion In 2020 Olympics?
- Tokyo 2020 Edits Olympic Bid Storyline
- COC To Back Possible Toronto 2024 Bid