Home | Other News | London 2012 To Revisit Security Following Norway Attacks

London 2012 To Revisit Security Following Norway Attacks

Font size: Decrease font Enlarge font

Britain's Olympics Minister Hugh Robertson says the country has already prepared for attacks by "lone wolves" on the London 2012 Summer Games, but will re-examine security plans following the attacks in Norway.

Robertson say "we need to see what the direct cause of that is, but that will always cause anybody to look and to re-examine their own security plans".

The British government had already planned for the national terror threat to be severe during the Olympics. Security screenings for spectators will reportedly be tight and widespread, with airport-style checks at most venues. But it appears the Underground subway network and public places will be a major challenge.

About 12,000 police officers will be on duty each day of the Games which take place July 27 to August 12 and has a security budget of 475 million pounds.

Robertson said Monday, "clearly where there are lessons to be learned from Norway, we will learn them".

Write or read comments about this article
print Print version Plain text Plain text
email Email to a friend