Slopestyle Approved For Sochi 2014
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) confirmed Monday the inclusion of ski slopestyle (men and women) and snowboard slopestyle (men and women), as well as snowboard parallel special slalom (men and women) on the sports program for the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Games.
This follows the inclusion in April of ski half pipe (men and women), women's ski jumping, biathlon mixed relay, figure skating team event, and luge team relay.
IOC President Jacques Rogge said, "we are very pleased with the addition of ski and snowboard slopestyle and snowboard special slalom in the Olympic Winter Games program. Such events provide great entertainment for the spectators and add further youthful appeal to our already action-packed line-up of Olympic winter sports. We look forward to welcoming all the athletes to Sochi in 2014".Write or read comments about this article
- Yang Ho Cho Appointed Advisor for ITTF
- Istanbul 2020 Plays Role In Youth Day Celebrations
- London Believes Istanbul Leading 2020 Olympic Bid Race
- Sochi 2014 Medals Presented At SportAccord
- Ser Miang Ng Wants Games in Africa, Member Visits to Bid Cities Reviewed