Slopestyle Approved For Sochi 2014
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) confirmed Monday the inclusion of ski slopestyle (men and women) and snowboard slopestyle (men and women), as well as snowboard parallel special slalom (men and women) on the sports program for the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Games.
This follows the inclusion in April of ski half pipe (men and women), women's ski jumping, biathlon mixed relay, figure skating team event, and luge team relay.
IOC President Jacques Rogge said, "we are very pleased with the addition of ski and snowboard slopestyle and snowboard special slalom in the Olympic Winter Games program. Such events provide great entertainment for the spectators and add further youthful appeal to our already action-packed line-up of Olympic winter sports. We look forward to welcoming all the athletes to Sochi in 2014".Write or read comments about this article
- Joint Norway-Sweden 2026 Olympic Bid Suggested
- Should Queenstown Bid For 2026 Winter Olympics?
- PyeongChang 2018 Shares Experiences
- Radioactive Leak Won't Affect Tokyo 2020 - Tokyo Governor
- Tokyo 2020 Bid Is "Very Healthy"